eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Virgin Mobile USA broadband2go U600 usb dongle (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/63135-virgin-mobile-usa-broadband2go-u600-usb-dongle.html)

john456 08-11-2013 02:58 AM

Virgin Mobile USA broadband2go U600 usb dongle

Hello

I have just finished creating 10 US accounts with the Virgin Mobile USA U600 USB dongle.

+ Great range of IP. At each connection I was able to get a fresh IP that looked completely different from previous one
+ Installation was relatively easy
+ Price was good ($50)
+ Small and easy to transport
+ Easy software to connect/disconnect

- I had to go through activation flow twice to get it to work
- Each time I logged into a freshly created Windows account, Windows had to re-install the drivers.
- Connection was slow. It felt like Edge on a cellphone at times. I was only able to connect via 3G. People that can get 4G say it is fast.

To create 10 US eb/pp accounts with auctiva/google voice setup from scratch, I used <100Mb of data. I am using the $35/month plan that gives me 2Gb of 3G a month.

Thx
J.

rsot 08-11-2013 06:00 AM

Nicely shared john456 - build them slowly - any luck with higher limits on any of them?

john456 08-11-2013 02:14 PM

Thx. No limits increase yet.

Good advice on build them slowly. I will hold off listing my genuine iPhone 7 then :p

yotano211 08-12-2013 01:09 AM

Its better to get a cheap virgin mobile android phone, root it and small Wifi tether program on it. You get unlimited data for the cheapest price of $35 and have some minutes to call people. You still get the slow 3g service and depending on the phone and your city, you might get 4g service.

I dont have to install any drivers every time I make a new user account under windows. The connection stays connected, I just hit airplane mode to get a new IP address within 5 sec. I'm just trying to save you some money.

john456 08-12-2013 03:14 AM

Thanks. That is really good idea if you know how to root your virgin mobile phone.

GreenBean 08-12-2013 03:18 AM

Good info regarding the plan.
Your on-forum experts will walk you thro' the steps, I am sure.

:pop2:

yotano211 08-12-2013 06:58 PM

You will find everything about rooting a certain model phone on here.

Android Forums

Rambo3 08-19-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 476279)
Its better to get a cheap virgin mobile android phone, root it and small Wifi tether program on it. You get unlimited data for the cheapest price of $35 and have some minutes to call people. You still get the slow 3g service and depending on the phone and your city, you might get 4g service.

I dont have to install any drivers every time I make a new user account under windows. The connection stays connected, I just hit airplane mode to get a new IP address within 5 sec. I'm just trying to save you some money.

Good post... but sometimes when you are using phone tethering... you run into the problem that the ips you get only change a few digits and even worst... the IPs are way to far off from the address. For example i was getting ip's from kansas, when i am more than 300 miles from kansas.

I am looking into dongles now for this reason.. using pdanet

GreenBean 08-19-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambo3 (Post 478397)
Good post... but sometimes when you are using phone tethering... you run into the problem that the ips you get only change a few digits and even worst... the IPs are way to far off from the address. For example i was getting ip's from kansas, when i am more than 300 miles from kansas.

I replied to this in your other thread.

Try to avoid doubling up on topics.

:peace:

AuctionsDenied 08-19-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

I would not worry about your IP in this sense.

EB/PP knows IP's from certain areas are due to cell service. And carriers will use IP from one area to another when there is overload or they are doing maintenance on their systems.

I am on the West Coast and through tethering I have gotten Texas, Missouri, and Florida IP addresses.

Just make sure you track them.

rsot 08-19-2013 05:49 AM

I dont seem to get this variety of IP while phone tethering up here however.

yotano211 08-19-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

To my knowledge, ebay doesn't really care what state the IPs are coming from. Sometimes I get IP address' from NY and I live in NV. And Sprint has tons of IP address' you can use. In many years of doing this not one time I have been linked with using the same IP and I dont write down any IP address of any kind.

I am not saying that I love Virgin Mobile because their service kinda sucks. I get kinda high dropped calls, when I try to make a call not all calls go through, and the internet download speeds are limited to 256kps after you used up 2.5gb of data. But the price is cheap and it works out for me just perfect. I have a phone and internet rolled into one. Until that changes I will continue with them, now I just need a new phone. This HTC Evo is dying.

GreenBean 08-19-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 478414)
I dont seem to get this variety of IP while phone tethering up here however.

You forget, Canada is special.

Does things differently.

:juggle:

rsot 08-19-2013 06:20 AM

Waiting to see what will happen when Verizon ends up coming in

GreenBean 08-19-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 478425)
Waiting to see what will happen when Verizon ends up coming in

Shall await a report.

ETA of this?

:juggle:

grislybear 08-20-2013 07:35 PM

I also purchased a U600 on Virgin Mobile awhile back when I was still experimenting with stealth techniques but I found that in my area of Southern California I seem to get really bad service with their network OR the software and hardware is buggy to begin with. Virgin Mobile has a Broadband2Go software that is needed to connect to the network. However, from the time I bought the dongle (maybe 3-4 months ago) I was never able to get the software to properly work.

It was always stuck on "Initializing..." with the "Connect" button grayed out. No matter how many times I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I couldn't get it to work properly. Anyways I decided to forget about the dongle and concentrated on other things for a couple months. Then a week ago on a whim I decided to plug in the U600 and to my surprise the software went past the Initializing... stage and picked up the signal. I was then able to hit "Connect" and was taken automatically to the Virgin Mobile website where I could choose my payment option and sign up for service. This is the "Activate" page on the top right of the website. Except that THAT particular part of the website was down. I just kept getting an error message, even though the other parts of the website worked? I went to sleep and decided to try again the next day. The next day that part of the website was back up and I could choose a payment option. However I held off and unplugged the dongle and plugged it back in. Lo and behold, I was getting the same initial problem again with the software being stuck on the "Initializing..." stage. The entire experience was enough to convince me to pursue other methods of changing my ip. It just sucks because Virgin Mobile seems to be the cheapest dongle offered in my area. But it is nice to hear that this dongle is working for others! I've since resigned to using my iphone 4s on att to tether.

MM78 08-20-2013 07:49 PM

@grislybear, I'm in So. Cal as well...I'm currently on Verizon Service @ $50/Month and I get excellent signal and some decent IP ranges.

grislybear 08-20-2013 08:09 PM

With the U600 on Verizon do you still have to use the Broadband2Go software? I'm assuming you have a Verizon specific one that you run before/after plugging in the dongle? Might just be a connectivity issue for me, I had Clear internet before and the connection with those was sub-par at best. Might be because I'm up in the mountains?

jojo2012 08-20-2013 09:19 PM

I have been using an UN locked sierra wireless Elevate I use At&t & I only get 3g at home but sometimes I get 4g When I get 4gLte its Awsome, I did buy a 40 db external antenna & just set it by a window & it makes ALL the diffrence in the world, 10mbps download & 6 upload speed with 3g & sometimes higher, It costs $ 50 for 5 gig which is usually enough. I tried t mobile but I just had head pounding connection problems, It's great though because every time I power on/off I get a totally new IP, This obviously has not caused any problems as I have been using this over a year.

OfficialGenius 08-20-2013 09:30 PM

Good to finally come back and see a very good informative thread. :)

MM78 08-20-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grislybear (Post 478938)
With the U600 on Verizon do you still have to use the Broadband2Go software? I'm assuming you have a Verizon specific one that you run before/after plugging in the dongle? Might just be a connectivity issue for me, I had Clear internet before and the connection with those was sub-par at best. Might be because I'm up in the mountains?

Yes, still need to use the software to connect. Mountains could be part of the problem...

john456 08-21-2013 01:20 AM

I use the software that comes with dongle for Virgin Mobile USA

I like the dongle overall. The software is easy to use once installed and the fact that the internet comes from usb vs wifi is an extra protection:
  • When my laptop is in stealth mode, I turn off wifi
  • When my laptop is in regular mode (my main windows user), i turn wifi back on

Now the 3g service is ok. It works but not great speed. I was able to get 4g in a corner of my apartment and life becomes better.

thx
J.