eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   hotspot IP address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/65345-hotspot-ip-address.html)

littlepr 09-28-2013 11:59 AM

hotspot IP address

Hi, I've been around, browsed and looked everywhere and all I hear is change your IP.

My problem is that my IP address actually changes everytime but when i go to ipburger or whatever website tells you the IP it remains the same or it will change to maybe a handfull of other IP's.

I know my IP address changes because I can see it on the modem configuration page. I have two of these devices and they both do the same. does ebay and paypal actually track this external IP or the real ip address and how would they be able to tell one from the other if all I get is the public IP?

I mean if I get suspended I guess everyone subscribed to that company here in Puerto Rico will get a suspension because the public IP only changes so much whereas the private (real ip) changes all the time and have not gotten a duplicate so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THX

GreenBean 09-29-2013 04:53 AM

Re: hotspot IP address

What ISP are you using right now?

:mod:

JamesNorth101 09-29-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepr (Post 490085)
does ebay and paypal actually track this external IP or the real ip address and how would they be able to tell one from the other if all I get is the public IP?

Explain what you mean when you say 'external IP or the real ip'

The IP address that eBay can see if the public IP address, not the IP address your your device on the network its in.

The address that IP Burger - Track Your IP Address! can see is the address the PayPal and eBay see.

So long as this changes and you keep track of it, then your fine.

A recent thread may also help - http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...-ip-issue.html

Airmick 09-29-2013 05:17 PM

Can you change IP Address on a Moble hotspot?? and How?

Dmshark25 09-29-2013 05:47 PM

I just started using a Verizon hotspot and works great , Verizon has a huge pool of IPs, I also use comcast which is good and Tmobile which is not bad

But Verizon I feel has the largest pool of IPs , all I do is push the data on/off button and get a new IP EVERYTIME,

If u r tethering from a cell, just got to setting hit airplane mode wait 2 seconds and turn airplane mode off and new IP, that's how I use TMobile

Dmshark25 09-29-2013 05:53 PM

Just be careful when withdrawing money from Paypal with a hotspot or tethering, the other day I went to withdrawal $200 , a normal withdrawal for me and it came up I needed to be called on a phone associated with my stealth address , and I never got this before.

I hit cancel and just tried again and the funds went thru, with cell IPs they can be in long distant locations so it could raise a flag.

So now if I make a withdrawal ill use comcast and change the MAC in my router to pick up a new IP, with cable I always get an IP associated in or next to my state which makes it look more stable .

Today I withdrew another $200 on same account and used comcast no problem

Jeak Custoe 11-02-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 490336)
Just be careful when withdrawing money from Paypal with a hotspot or tethering, the other day I went to withdrawal $200 , a normal withdrawal for me and it came up I needed to be called on a phone associated with my stealth address , and I never got this before.

I hit cancel and just tried again and the funds went thru, with cell IPs they can be in long distant locations so it could raise a flag.

So now if I make a withdrawal ill use comcast and change the MAC in my router to pick up a new IP, with cable I always get an IP associated in or next to my state which makes it look more stable .

Today I withdrew another $200 on same account and used comcast no problem

I'm completely new to using comcast hotspots to change IP's. There are dozens of mapped locations in my area with these. I am a comcast customer... so I take it I can log in using my personal info through comcast (username and password) to gain access to these hot spots? Will they likely be static or dynamic IP's at each location? Do I need to be paranoid about linking multiple accounts with these? Please take pity on me for asking these questions, like I said this method of changing IP's is new to me and I'd love to find a free way to switch around IP addresses. Cheers

MM78 11-03-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeak Custoe (Post 500146)
I'm completely new to using comcast hotspots to change IP's. There are dozens of mapped locations in my area with these. I am a comcast customer... so I take it I can log in using my personal info through comcast (username and password) to gain access to these hot spots?

We don't recommend using Hotspots, Free Wifi, etc. The reason is because you don't know how many other people have used those locations for Ebay/Paypal purposes.

Quote:

Will they likely be static or dynamic IP's at each location?
Most of those hotspots are Static and don't change.

Quote:

Do I need to be paranoid about linking multiple accounts with these?
It's not about being paranoid but Precocious and playing it safe. The last thing you need is Ebay/PP linking or worse....limiting your accounts because you wanted to do this on the cheap.

Quote:

Please take pity on me for asking these questions, like I said this method of changing IP's is new to me and I'd love to find a free way to switch around IP addresses. Cheers
The Free way is going to get your accounts limited and fast. There are other methods if your on a budget:
1. Dial-Up
2. Phone Tethering

There are also Dongles (USB Modems) which vary from $35 to $50+ Month.

outofluck 11-04-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 500163)

The Free way is going to get your accounts limited and fast. There are other methods if your on a budget:
1. Dial-Up
2. Phone Tethering

There are also Dongles (USB Modems) which vary from $35 to $50+ Month.

MM78,
Can you use SAME Dial-up phone number for multiple stealth accts?
Since there would be no IP address, correct?

MM78 11-04-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofluck (Post 500403)
MM78,
Can you use SAME Dial-up phone number for multiple stealth accts?
Since there would be no IP address, correct?

You can use the same dialup for multiple accounts, And of course there's an IP...the idea with dialup is that you get a new random IP every time. This is why you need to keep track of ALL IP changes between accounts.

NOTE**
Any device that connects to the internet establishes an IP...Dialup, DSL, Cable, MiFi, etc.

outofluck 11-04-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 500405)
You can use the same dialup for multiple accounts, And of course there's an IP...the idea with dialup is that you get a new random IP every time. This is why you need to keep track of ALL IP changes between accounts.

NOTE**
Any device that connects to the internet establishes an IP...Dialup, DSL, Cable, MiFi, etc.

MM78,
Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Greatly appreciated!

Just to be sure, say I go the dial up route, and every time I connect using dial up, I just need to double check IP address on IP burger.
Make sure I'm not using same IP, and THEN log on to account.
I.E. Do all dial up services change IP every time you connect to internet?
Or would I still need to find means to change IP addresses?

I'm close to starting a stealth and just need a few finishing touches, thanks for the understanding