IP switch and paypal troubles: Please Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-10-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default IP switch and paypal troubles: Please Help

Hello

I have set up a separate user account on my laptop for my ebay and pay pal accounts. When I have done with them I log off of both and log out of my user account and log into my "normal" user account.

I tried to pay for somthing today with pay pal, I put my old banned account email in as I wasnt under cover and didnt want to mix the accounts up. I wanted to pay with a compromise debit card When I clicked to the next page my "stealth" email was in the box!!

Will I have been rumbled or is this normal? How do I pay with anything in my normal name without mixing up the accounts?

I am a little confused about the signing in on the same computer with the ip?

Anybody want to give there 2p worth?

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: Pay pal sign in

Quote:
I wanted to pay with a compromise debit card When I clicked to the next page my "stealth" email was in the box!!
This tells me you somehow mixed in information from user Account A with user Account B. That is the only way your browser would have cached your user data.

Consider those accounts linked. If something happens with one of the accounts (suspension), the same will happen to the other once ebay connects the dots.

Quote:
I am a little confused about the signing in on the same computer with the ip?
Keep it simple. When operating multiple stealth accounts, you keep them separated. A user account for each stealth account is what's needed here. You should name your windows account the same as your ebay account so you don't get confused.

When you switch accounts, change your IP address. Log them in an Excel spreadsheet. Some good sample ones have been provided in the past.
Old 10-11-2013
Threadstarter  

Unhappy Re: Pay pal sign in

Anonymou$ I have 2 different user accounts my "normal" and my "stealth"

I log everything out when I log out of stealth. I was using my "normal" account when I went to buy something, when I clicked on the buy now button the pay pal log in page appeared with my stealth email already in the box. I am sure everything was logged out in stealth. How can it know? the item I went to buy was an offer I got from my email that has been suspended. It was the original one so all my mail goes to it, I dont want to change it.

The accounts seem ok still? Up to now anyway.

How can I buy something using my credit card when check out is with pay pal?

Its killing me!!!http://www.aspkin.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

UPDATE:- I have cleared the browsing history and cleared cache. I went to pay and it didnt recognise. Will paypal have cottoned on from last time? I am learning slowly but it is a pain in the ass all this creeping round. I darent list anything just yet in case im banned again.

Last edited by shc73; 10-11-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am sure everything was logged out in stealth. How can it know
Again. The only way the information was cached is if you inadvertently put it there. I know you claim you are sure you didn't mix your "normal" and "stealth" information up, but from what your describing, it sounds like you did.

The cookies for the 'normal' account and the 'stealth' account are kept separate.

They are stored here... C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\

Here is a thread that is related to this very topic...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/cookies...tml#post478934

Quote:
The accounts seem ok still? Up to now anyway.
Yes, the accounts are OK but operate them now with the idea that they are linked.
Old 10-11-2013

Longevity: 90%

SHC73, I would get rid of anything that could possibly link your new stealth accounts to any old / banned accounts, if your credit card is linked to your old ebay / paypal account then I'd recommend that you change credit card provider, or else dont use that as a source of payment for making eBay purchases.

If you went to login to Paypal and your old email address was already in the login box, that doesnt necessarily mean that you've linked the accounts as long as you didnt then go and log in to your old account.

I've had a similar thing happen where my old paypal login email was appearing because it was saved in the auto-complete form fill in thingy in Firefox. All you have to do is highlight the email in the login box and press delete and this will remove it.

The sooner you do this the better because if you accidentally logged in with your old details that could be disastrous. As for all the 'creeping around' you feel like you're having to do, after so long you'l find it becomes second nature, and its worth it not having to live in fear of ebay and paypal's volatile nature where you're business can go from hero to zero in less than a weekend...
Old 10-11-2013
Threadstarter  

Johnnyleeds I thought I had deleted everything thats what did me in! As I said I logged everything out and linked from an email from my normal email ( lots of contacts have this email) The paypal log in page flicked up with my stealth email in it arrgh!! I didnt log in to it. I clearded the cache as I said and have bought the said item under my old email. A page came up saying I already have an email account (Banned one) do I want to log into this? I chose no pay with credit card (BAnned one) Will this in anyway link me? I will clear all caches and change ip again.

Have you been "stealthing" a while. The rate im going I think my nerves will kill me off. It is so frustrating having to go to town and go through the process with the bank avoiding questions about my numerous other bank accounts.

Also can I ask about ip address. I changed mine by turning it off. BT internet. When it comes back on it changes every time. The electric went the other night it will have changed again. Is there a way to manually change it on my laptop?

Anonymou$ - What do you you mean by operate as if they are linked? If they are linked wont they be banned? I will read your thread.

Thanks the pair of you.

Also on a side note I have been on to Amazon customer care all day. What a joke that is. Like talking to brain dead 4 year olds. My head is aching today!!!!!
Old 10-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

its worth it not having to live in fear of ebay and paypal's volatile nature where you're business can go from hero to zero in less than a weekend...[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Anonymou$ - What do you you mean by operate as if they are linked? If they are linked wont they be banned? I will read your thread.
No. A link does not mean ban. Accounts can run fine for awhile without issues. BUT if something happens to 1 account (i.e. suspension), then the others can soon follow.

When I say, operate as if they were linked...I mean don't assume that they aren't. They may very well not be. I don't know exactly what steps were done on your end enough to assume they are linked. You might not even know to what extent was done...its easy to make a mistake when you're not used to doing this.

It takes time to practice how to operate multiple stealth accounts, but it is well worth it in the long run. Best of luck,
Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. You need different user accounts - 1 for each account.

2. You need different IP - use IPBurger.com to make sure you aren`t using the same IP over accounts.

3. You cannot use ANY old info across accounts.

Old 10-12-2013
Threadstarter  

I see I see. So it is a case of practice makes perfect. I was a little bit dubious about weather it was worth all the sneaking around, but it seems it is the better way to go! The only thing that worries me is my bank accounts going down as I am learning. I have 5 already 3 of them dead!

I will check ip burger out. As I said when I turn my modem off it resets. I only have one account that I care about at the minute so I dont log in to any other so's I dont have multiple different accounts on the same ip.

Do I have to clear caches every time I log off with "stealth"?

Also I have a different laptop. Could I use that and then avoid any "cross contamination"?
Old 10-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Default Ip switch

Is it risky to change your ip too many times?

I just logged into ebay, ( I had logged off from normal user account, logged into stealth user, and cleared all caches and history before I logged in)

I went to sell something and before I could proceed I got a message saying they thought I was using a different computer await phone call and input pin.

I had switched off router before logging in as new user so it was different ip. (I checked on ip burger.)

Is this normal and should I switch off router next time?

I bought something on pay pal in my other user account, That's why I changed ip. I used a card from a bank that was linked to a different ebay account, but not suspended.
Old 10-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Default re: IP switch and paypal troubles: Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by shc73 View Post
Is it risky to change your ip too many times?

I just logged into ebay, ( I had logged off from normal user account, logged into stealth user, and cleared all caches and history before I logged in)

I went to sell something and before I could proceed I got a message saying they thought I was using a different computer await phone call and input pin.

I had switched off router before logging in as new user so it was different ip. (I checked on ip burger.)

Is this normal and should I switch off router next time?

I bought something on pay pal in my other user account, That's why I changed ip. I used a card from a bank that was linked to a different ebay account, but not suspended.

Switching IP's is normal. All this tells eBay is you have a dynamic IP...like most other users.

What is riskier is clearing your cache. Ebay likes consistency. You just mentioned you had a normal user account & a stealth account on your computer. Windows keeps user accounts separated. So clearing your cache is more of a detriment here.

The fact that you changed your IP and cleared your cache is more than likely triggered that message.

Keep your cookies separated only by Windows user accounts and don't clear them. Do continue switching IP's when switching user accounts.
Old 10-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Ah Anonymou$! The plot thickens.

You replied recently to a post on the paypal side that I put up saying that I went to pay for something on pay pal in my "normal" acount and my "stealth email address was in the box.

How will it be then, that my cookies are being mixed?
Old 10-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Where-ever did clearing cookies and cache come from?

Never do that.

ebay IDs accounts with cookies
Old 10-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

You need to keep cookies intact. That is why we use different user accounts.

Quote:
You replied recently to a post on the paypal side that I put up saying that I went to pay for something on pay pal in my "normal" acount and my "stealth email address was in the box.

How will it be then, that my cookies are being mixed?
Cookies for separate user accounts are stored in different areas of the computers hard drive. The only way for an email address allocated to User Account 1 to appear in User Accounts 2 is if you have mixed up the user accounts and typed in the email address in the wrong user account. Cannot happen otherwise.
Old 10-14-2013
Threadstarter  

So I logged off everything from my "stealth" user account logged in to my normal account went to pay for somthing on paypal and the steath email was already in the box. I cleared cookies to continue with purchase. How would it know?
Old 10-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So I logged off everything from my "stealth" user account logged in to my normal account went to pay for somthing on paypal and the steath email was already in the box. I cleared cookies to continue with purchase. How would it know?
Just as mentioned in the other thread where you asked the same question, it is because you mixed it up mistakenly.

Windows will not make a mistake and mix up your stealth information between user accounts.

Windows can only know what you tell it to know.
Old 10-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

I have to second what An0nym0u$ has said. You have somewhere along the line made a small mistake.

Separate windows user accounts will not get cookies mixed up
Old 10-14-2013
Threadstarter  

What mistakes can I make? Can anyone give me an example of how this can happen?
Old 10-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

You just did yourself.
Old 10-14-2013
Threadstarter  

I just clicked to buy something else.

When I clicked through it took me to a pay pal page. In the small print at the bottom it says - my ip - and that my ip is noted and will be recorded to combat fraud.

This is the same ip that I logged out from my stealth last night.

Is this how it has tracked me?

Should I change ip when I login and out?
Old 10-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

You need to stop, take a big deep breath and re-do the plan.

No you should not be clearing the cache.

What IP would your lap-top use? If it is the existing one, then a link could exist.

What are you hoping to do?

Outline that.