eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Android Tethering (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/66373-android-tethering.html)

outofluck 10-25-2013 02:35 AM

Android Tethering

Question about tethering android to PC for IP Address.

Is it recommended to use same IP tethered address for one account, or can it be different each and every time?
What about multiple accts?

For example, I use stealth #1 same IP address on tethered Andriod. Or is it ok to use random IP address from phone.
(if you were to hit airplane mode and reset IP address)?

MM78 10-25-2013 02:50 AM

Re: Android Tethering

The thing with tethering is that for the most part your not always get the same IP for just 1 account. You may find that if you log into the same account, you may get a different IP. Do you plan to only tether to 1 account only?

It's ok to have a different IP every time but only if you plan to use 1 account only....

smokescreen 10-25-2013 08:01 AM

You can use different IPs for each accounts, just try not to overlap IPs on the same account, it's fine to have random ones each time you log on but try not to reuse the same IP over multiple accounts

rsot 10-25-2013 10:08 AM

You can open the Sample Excel Sheet sticky post for a nice form to use to track IP use

outofluck 10-26-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 497846)
The thing with tethering is that for the most part your not always get the same IP for just 1 account. You may find that if you log into the same account, you may get a different IP. Do you plan to only tether to 1 account only?

It's ok to have a different IP every time but only if you plan to use 1 account only....

I plan on using a test stealth acct (attempting first one).
I plan on using ONE acct., using my android for tethering.

So basically, if using multiple accounts, rule of thumb would be make sure you DO NOT over lap IP addresses from one account to the other account.

And rule of thumb is for using ONE account, it really doesn't matter if IP's overlap?

outofluck 10-26-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokescreen (Post 497890)
You can use different IPs for each accounts, just try not to overlap IPs on the same account, it's fine to have random ones each time you log on but try not to reuse the same IP over multiple accounts

Thank you smokescreen!

outofluck 10-26-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 497903)
You can open the Sample Excel Sheet sticky post for a nice form to use to track IP use

Rsot,
thank you!

Basically keep track of your IP usage for each account, do not let them overlap from one acct to the other.

Other question I would have is, how many possibilities for different IP's is there to have when you tether?
If I for example keep resetting the airplane mode, can I get like 100's of them different before I get same one? Or is there a way to manually configure an IP on my cell?

I know the trick of "start"/"cmd"/ on my PC... but would that work for tethering?

okay 10-26-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofluck (Post 498067)

Other question I would have is, how many possibilities for different IP's is there to have when you tether?

Depends. I think in higher populated areas require more ip's for network traffic and or, ip's get assigned according to higher/lower traffic in the network at any given time.

Quote:

If I for example keep resetting the airplane mode, can I get like 100's of them different before I get same one? Or is there a way to manually configure an IP on my cell?

depends, like in my first answer. Manually configure an IP on a mobile network? Depends on connection type and it's use.

Quote:

I know the trick of "start"/"cmd"/ on my PC... but would that work for tethering?

The cmd | ip configurtion commands won't be any use for tethering. Not a router DHCP assigned IP.

outofluck 10-28-2013 01:05 AM

Would you recommend tethering or invest in Router for multiple accounts?