eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Verizon Pantech USB Stick (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/68580-verizon-pantech-usb-stick.html)

fingerblast 12-27-2013 08:16 PM

Verizon Pantech USB Stick

So, after hours of searching on the forum and the limited communication that I received from several private messages, I was encouraged to get the Verizon USB wireless stick. I was told it would give me access to a larger pool of IP addresses opposed to my smartphone's mobile hot spot. I was told this by both people on this forum and a representative at my local Verizon store. No, this is not the case. I don't know why so many people are saying they "rarely" get duplicate IPs with this dongle. I keep getting the same 50-100 IPs over and over again. I'm completely frustrated and it's pretty obvious that no one wants to take the time to answer a simple question. I'm not selling with just 4 or 5 accounts. I typically have at least 40 selling accounts going so it is imperative that I get a fresh IP address each time. I'm tired of being told to search the forum. I've done this. I spent 12 hours over the past 3 days doing so. Everyone says the same thing: get a dongle. Okay, well I got a dongle; supposedly the best one on the market and I'm getting the same old IP addresses over and over again that I've received over the past 3 years with Verizon. My time is valuable and I'm willing to pay for someone who can give me a clear answer on how to get a fresh IP each time.

MM78 12-27-2013 08:59 PM

Re: Verizon Pantech USB Stick

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerblast (Post 514644)
So, after hours of searching on the forum and the limited communication that I received from several private messages, I was encouraged to get the Verizon USB wireless stick. I was told it would give me access to a larger pool of IP addresses opposed to my smartphone's mobile hot spot. I was told this by both people on this forum and a representative at my local Verizon store. No, this is not the case. I don't know why so many people are saying they "rarely" get duplicate IPs with this dongle.

If people tell you they get new IP's without repeat then that's THEIR testimonial.

Quote:

I keep getting the same 50-100 IPs over and over again. I'm completely frustrated and it's pretty obvious that no one wants to take the time to answer a simple question.
There are no simple answers, especially when it comes down to something that varies by location, we can't go to your town/home and test out what will work 100%.

Quote:

I'm not selling with just 4 or 5 accounts. I typically have at least 40 selling accounts going so it is imperative that I get a fresh IP address each time. I'm tired of being told to search the forum.
Your an adult, so act like one...were not at a 5 star resort, we can't be at your beck and call 24/7.

Quote:

I spent 12 hours over the past 3 days doing so. Everyone says the same thing: get a dongle. Okay, well I got a dongle; supposedly the best one on the market and I'm getting the same old IP addresses over and over again that I've received over the past 3 years with Verizon. My time is valuable and I'm willing to pay for someone who can give me a clear answer on how to get a fresh IP each time.
As I said already, not everything is black and white, when it comes to Dongles, Mifi's, Hotspots it's all about doing your own homework, testing. We don't know where you live so we don't know what IP pool exist there. The bigger the City the larger the IP pool. As a Verizon Mifi user I've yet to get a repeat IP but I live in a large city.

If you don't like the answers provided by forum members(who by the way are not being PAID to answer questions but do it freely to give back) then there isn't much we can do for you.

joew8989 12-27-2013 09:10 PM

I have the Verizion hot spot, I have 1 Dongle (usb wireless card, EDIMAX EW-7811Un USB 2.0 Wireless nano Adapter) http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291008042649?lpid=82 (cut and paste) pet account. Almost everytime I log in I will get the same ip address. I currently have 14 accounts and 14 different numbered specific dongles. If I understand you correctly you have 1 dongle. If you are going to have 30 ebay, windows user accounts you are going to need 30 dongles. I per user account.
Its has worked for me so far. I hope this helps.

joew8989 12-27-2013 09:18 PM

I just re read my response and wanted to clarify, when I log in with a specific USB network card I get the same ip address. When I change users, and ebay accounts I change the usb network card, as a result I change the ip address. I hope this makes sense

fingerblast 12-27-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joew8989 (Post 514658)
I just re read my response and wanted to clarify, when I log in with a specific USB network card I get the same ip address. When I change users, and ebay accounts I change the usb network card, as a result I change the ip address. I hope this makes sense

Yep, this makes perfect sense. Thanks for the response.

fingerblast 12-27-2013 11:23 PM

It makes sense that a bigger city would have a bigger IP pool, but I live in a large city as well and I'm a bit confused as to why I'm getting the same IPs over and over again; I estimate around 75. The previous comments in the forum about specific cell towers make sense and this is the only reason I can attribute to why this is happening. I wanted to clear up confusion with this post regarding the differences between using your phone's hot spot and a carrier's USB stick or jet pack; there are no differences in the pool size of IP addresses that you'll achieve; regardless of what your provider may say. I was blatantly lied to today, which is the source of my frustration. I was told point blank by Verizon that the USB stick would allow me to tap into a larger pool of IP addresses, which it clearly does not. I am getting the exact same IPs as I did when using my phone's hot spot. I'm going to try the USB wifi adapter that Joe suggest and will go from there. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MM78 12-28-2013 12:08 AM

No you weren't lied too....you were given someone's experience with their device. As I said, we don't know where you live nor do we need to know. No one forced you to get the USB Modem. I'm currently running Verizon Mifi2200 3G Prepay and I've yet to get a repeat IP.

unkown5454 12-28-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 514678)
No you weren't lied too....you were given someone's experience with their device. As I said, we don't know where you live nor do we need to know. No one forced you to get the USB Modem. I'm currently running Verizon Mifi2200 3G Prepay and I've yet to get a repeat IP.

The 2200 is exceptional on many different networks. This modem has been rebranded by many service providers and never fails.

fingerblast 12-28-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 514678)

Yeah, actually I was lied to. I was guaranteed by the Verizon employee that I'd be tapping into a larger pool of IP addresses. I asked 4 times to confirm and each time he guaranteed me that I'd be getting a "ton of new IP addresses". But hey, thanks for arguing with me about my experience with Verizon. I wasn't saying anyone on the forum lied to me, I was again referring to Verizon.

However, I do appreciate the tip on the Mifi2200. I'm purchasing that right now. Joe, thanks as well. I purchased the wireless adapter also. I will be trying both these devices this week.

MM78 12-28-2013 12:48 PM

Please Note: The way I am using the Mifi2200 is not with a traditional plan, I have modified the Mifi200 to work with a 3g Prepaid service.

fingerblast 12-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 514751)
Please Note: The way I am using the Mifi2200 is not with a traditional plan, I have modified the Mifi200 to work with a 3g Prepaid service.

Can you point me in the direction of how to modify it?