eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Data Stick(mobile carrier) + Different IP everytime I connect (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/69661-data-stick-mobile-carrier-different-ip-everytime-i-connect.html)

scotch 01-26-2014 11:16 PM

Data Stick(mobile carrier) + Different IP everytime I connect

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying several data sticks (A.K.A. dongle) from a Canadian mobile carrier. Swapping Routers is not a very good idea as very easy to mess up.

Now comes the question, will my IP address always be different from the same data stick every time I connect it to a PC ?
I will be logging into my eBay account several time a day, having different IP all the time, might raise a RED flag, no ?

As far as I know, eBay/PayPal doesn't like when the IP changes every time you log into your eBay/PayPal account.

Let me know what you all think.

MM78 01-26-2014 11:20 PM

Re: Data Stick(mobile carrier) + Different IP everytime I connect

Might want to tell us the carrier for a better answer.

scotch 01-26-2014 11:33 PM

I am thinking about WIND carrier, as its the cheapest of all.

NigelLikesCheesecake 08-27-2016 11:55 AM

But, If you do lose the IP surely it can't be the end of the world. People's IP's must change all the time and as long as you're accessing PayPal from the same device with the same cookie history and user agent it should be fine, Shouldn't it ?

MM78 08-28-2016 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake (Post 795669)
But, If you do lose the IP surely it can't be the end of the world. People's IP's must change all the time and as long as you're accessing PayPal from the same device with the same cookie history and user agent it should be fine, Shouldn't it ?

This is a 2yr old post and the OP may never respond......but to answer your question, losing an IP or IP switching while using an account is not the end of the world.....Ebay/PP don't strictly ban/limit on IP alone.

rsot 08-28-2016 06:55 AM

Keeping cookies in place is key as well

tom191 08-28-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake (Post 795669)

Also keep in mind that an ISP will own a set ip range so usually you would stay within that range as your ISP is also relieved to online sites. The fact is though that people go on vacation, have second homes, travel for work ect. so in my mind moderation is the key.

If you use a mifi thats fine you will stay within the range but don't use a verizon mifi one day and an att mifi the next and so on or you will be sending from distinctly different ranges each day.

NigelLikesCheesecake 08-28-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom191 (Post 795779)
Also keep in mind that an ISP will own a set ip range so usually you would stay within that range as your ISP is also relieved to online sites. The fact is though that people go on vacation, have second homes, travel for work ect. so in my mind moderation is the key.

If you use a mifi thats fine you will stay within the range but don't use a verizon mifi one day and an att mifi the next and so on or you will be sending from distinctly different ranges each day.

Thanks, So if I use a dongle the IP range will OK ?