eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Question re IP Addresses (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/75046-question-re-ip-addresses.html)

drphilly 07-06-2014 12:35 AM

Question re IP Addresses

Hi All

I have set up a few stealth accounts and everything is going well so far. I use a dynamic IP address, however, sometimes the same IP address comes up which is the same as another stealth account. I also use different user account names for each stealth account.

If on occasions I login with the same IP address as another stealth account can accounts be linked purely based on this? Can anyone please share from their experience?

slapped 07-06-2014 01:38 AM

Re: Question re IP Addresses

When you get a repeat IP Address it is best to release it and get another, you may want to have alternate Service providers, Like for example FIOS and also a 4G Connection to get you a wider assortment of IP Addresses

GreenBean 07-06-2014 02:26 AM

This will happen with your current ISP provider....

Your pool is small.

Seriously consider having an additional ISP to spread yourself.

:juggle:

shani1212 07-06-2014 04:26 PM

i guys! I also have similar concern. Currently I have one ebay account which I ran under Verizon FIOS. If I use a AT&T/H2o BOLD/ wireless service with separate winder user, can it be linked with my current ebay acc. ? Your advice/input will be highly appreciated.

drphilly 07-06-2014 06:07 PM

Shani, you need to check your IP Address prior to logging into each account to ensure they are different.

drphilly 07-07-2014 02:23 AM

Just wondering, if i get another ISP provider and I use it to log into some of my stealth accounts, would this raise security concerns with ebay as I have not used the ISP provider previously?

plumsake2 07-08-2014 10:36 PM

You'll be fine just logging in, but you'll want to let ebay get used to your new ISP/IP first. For example, don't try to sell immediately after logging in. Give it some time (log in/browse around for a few days) and then you can resume using your account as you normally would.

aspkin 07-08-2014 10:48 PM

Is it Normal to have a new IP address each time you connect to your account? Mostly no... it's not normal. Most people (non-stealth users) don't actively change their IP address prior to logging into a website. Part of being stealth is blending in with others and not standing out.. and changing your IP address each and every time you connect can be suspicious.. it's something eBay and PayPal can yellow flag you on..

Yellow Flag? Yeah.. it's something I just made up.. there are red flags and yellow flags.. heck, let's throw in a green flag! A computer system (software algorithms) can flag an account and assess it's risk based on what you do to your account.. that's how it works.

While changing your IP address each time you connect to your account isn't a red flag (yet), I'll consider it a yellow flag and cause for some concern. If at all possible a static IP address per eBay/PayPal account is PREFERRED. It can be expensive but it's a green flag to your account.. something that shows you're a normal user..

I like this...
Quote:

You'll be fine just logging in, but you'll want to let ebay get used to your new ISP/IP first. For example, don't try to sell immediately after logging in. Give it some time (log in/browse around for a few days) and then you can resume using your account as you normally would.
Now there are those who change their IP address with every login and they're fine.. that's "yellow flag" for you. :p

shani1212 07-08-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 565289)
Is it Normal to have a new IP address each time you connect to your account? Mostly no... it's not normal. Most people (non-stealth users) don't actively change their IP address prior to logging into a website. Part of being stealth is blending in with others and not standing out.. and changing your IP address each and every time you connect can be suspicious.. it's something eBay and PayPal can yellow flag you on..

Yellow Flag? Yeah.. it's something I just made up.. there are red flags and yellow flags.. heck, let's throw in a green flag! A computer system (software algorithms) can flag an account and assess it's risk based on what you do to your account.. that's how it works.

While changing your IP address each time you connect to your account isn't a red flag (yet), I'll consider it a yellow flag and cause for some concern. If at all possible a static IP address per eBay/PayPal account is PREFERRED. It can be expensive but it's a green flag to your account.. something that shows you're a normal user..

I like this...

Now there are those who change their IP address with every login and they're fine.. that's "yellow flag" for you. :p

@ Aspkin! If I run my normal ebay account which is under one IPS and use a diff. ISP for stealth account with separate winder user, can it be linked with my current ebay account? Do I still have to keep track of IPs? Your advice/input will be highly appreciated.

Dmshark25 07-08-2014 11:06 PM

I have Comcast as my ISP and change my IP by changing the MAC in router settings.

This is definitely , at least for me, the most solid IP and how I run all my accounts

I find that I will hold the same IP for sometimes 3-4 months

aspkin 07-08-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shani1212 (Post 565298)
@ Aspkin! If I run my normal ebay account which is under one IPS and use a diff. ISP for stealth account with separate winder user, can it be linked with my current ebay account? Do I still have to keep track of IPs? Your advice/input will be highly appreciated.

It's always a good idea to keep an eye on your IP address between accounts but no, this is perfectly fine. Just be mindful of what you're doing and you'll be fine.

drphilly 07-09-2014 04:42 AM

I just got a new ISP (Optus) to broaden my IP pool. I am currently using Telstra with a dynamic IP Address which has been working fine so far.

So prior to selling with the new ISP should I login and browse around for a few days prior to selling again?

rsot 07-09-2014 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 565284)

Browsing and bidding works for me

GreenBean 07-09-2014 05:27 AM

@drphilly

Very good idea. Have your user account/cookies in place.

shani1212 07-19-2014 03:17 AM

Hi guys! Quick question. If I change MAC address for router/modem for each ebay account user, will it give me diff. IP address? Can i use this method w/ every diff acc. with diff. window user w/o any problem? Do i still need to keep track of IPs? Your advice/input will be highly appreciated

Sandy D 07-19-2014 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 565388)
Browsing and bidding works for me

Asking questions and doing this several days is something that should be done.

GreenBean 07-19-2014 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 568503)
Asking questions and doing this several days is something that should be done.

I still maintain that 30 days of playing on ebay.

Tis fun.

:juggle: