eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Difference between changing IP address of computer vs router? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/75810-difference-between-changing-ip-address-computer-vs-router.html)

raffa 07-29-2014 10:30 AM

Difference between changing IP address of computer vs router?

Hi! I am super confused about the IP part, and it's the last thing I need to understand until I can finally start making my stealth account.

First off, when I check ipburger.com, this is my router IP, right?
I tried unplugging my modem and then repowering it, but my IP doesn't change. I also tried to follow the steps in the stealth book by changing the MAC address, but every time I get there, the boxes are all greyed out and I can't edit it!

Im also confused about my own Apple computer IP address? How do you change that?

If I were to buy a netgear, would I just have to disconnect my current Apple Airport router from the modem and then connect the modem to the netgear every time I use ebay? And then would it be fine to reconnect the Apple Airport router when Im on a different user and not using ebay?

THANKS!

JamesNorth101 07-29-2014 02:05 PM

Re: Difference between changing IP address of computer vs router?

You do not need to change your internal IP address, only the public IP address (the one that shows in IPburger.com)

You may have a static IP. Give you ISP a ring and ask if you are on a dynamic or static IP. If they say you are on a static IP ask if you can change to a dynamic IP.

GoteBay 07-29-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raffa (Post 571845)
... when I check ipburger.com, this is my router IP, right?

No, your router IP address is the default gateway of your router that is used to access the router.

The IP address you see in Ipburger.com, is your WAN IP address. That is what you need to worry about.

Quote:

I tried unplugging my modem and then repowering it, but my IP doesn't change. I also tried to follow the steps in the stealth book by changing the MAC address, but every time I get there, the boxes are all greyed out and I can't edit it!

If you cannot edit, how did you change the mac address?

Quote:

Im also confused about my own Apple computer IP address? How do you change that?

Your Apple computer does not need a change of IP address.

Quote:

If I were to buy a netgear, would I just have to disconnect my current Apple Airport router from the modem and then connect the modem to the netgear every time I use ebay? And then would it be fine to reconnect the Apple Airport router when Im on a different user and not using ebay?

You can use both the Apple Airport and netgear. Connect the Apple Airport to the netgear. Since the netgear is usually wireless, you will not need the Apple Airport.

I hope all your questions are answered.

raffa 07-29-2014 07:02 PM

Thx for the reply. I didn't change my MAC address yet, because I can't edit it. Also, I use Time Warner. Have people been having issues with that?