eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   IP question with new stealth account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/76372-ip-question-new-stealth-account.html)

fbueller 08-14-2014 02:02 AM

IP question with new stealth account

I got my eBay and Paypal banned for a legal transaction after 17 years and 100% positive feedback (d'bags). I just purchased a new account from a reliable seller, but I don't want to create a new user account on my Win 8 box. So my question is if I do the following, will I be ok?

- Logged into my old eBay and PP accounts for the last time. Exited.
- In Chrome, wiped all cookies, history, downloaded files, etc.
- In Flash settings wiped out all cookies and download data.
- Reset my router mac and got a new IP

Now if I login to the new account on the same computer for the first time with the new IP in Chrome only and no previous browsing data but not a new user account shouldn't I be ok? Keep in mind I just have one account, I'm not going between them. I just am using this new one from here on out and will never login to my old one again.

I just want to make sure before I login to the new account for the first time, thanks!

JamesNorth101 08-14-2014 02:50 AM

Re: IP question with new stealth account

You will have to make sure that you disable images in your emails to prevent accidentally linking the old account and new.

Other than that you would be fine with that method.

fbueller 08-14-2014 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 577696)
You will have to make sure that you disable images in your emails to prevent accidentally linking the old account and new.

Other than that you would be fine with that method.

Good catch, thanks for the info.

If I use a brand new Gmail account for email and only access it via POP3 or IMAP, I assume that wouldn't matter? In Outlook it'd pull up images but it'd be going through the same new IP. I would think disabling images is a bigger issue if I were to access it via web browser, correct?

rsot 08-14-2014 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbueller (Post 577703)
In Outlook it'd pull up images but it'd be going through the same new IP. I would think disabling images is a bigger issue if I were to access it via web browser, correct?

Just keep it simple and avoid problems by disabling images at all times - not 'JUST a problem via the web browser...

GreenBean 08-14-2014 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbueller (Post 577684)
- Logged into my old eBay and PP accounts for the last time. Exited.
- In Chrome, wiped all cookies, history, downloaded files, etc.
- In Flash settings wiped out all cookies and download data.
- Reset my router mac and got a new IP

Now if I login to the new account on the same computer for the first time with the new IP in Chrome only and no previous browsing data but not a new user account shouldn't I be ok? Keep in mind I just have one account, I'm not going between them. I just am using this new one from here on out and will never login to my old one again.

I just want to make sure before I login to the new account for the first time, thanks!

I would run this first
IP Burger - Track Your IP Address! ( created by aspkin).

check the IP.

Switch everything off.

Then repeat.

That way you can make sure you are getting a new IP.

Also, look at the signature on JamesNorth101's post (:yar:).

Make that file part of stealth too.

Good Luck.
:peace:

fbueller 08-14-2014 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 577721)
I would run this first
IP Burger - Track Your IP Address! ( created by aspkin).

check the IP.

Switch everything off.

Then repeat.

That way you can make sure you are getting a new IP.

Also, look at the signature on JamesNorth101's post (yar).

Make that file part of stealth too.

Good Luck.
:peace:

I know IP's, I run my own private squid proxy off a VPS. I'm not worried about IP tracking, I have that down cold. I'm more worried about web image bugs. I get that logging in to Gmail in the same browser I've logged into other sites is a no-no, but from Outlook via IMAP I can't imagine how they'd connect it other than IP, which I'll be clean on.

GreenBean 08-14-2014 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbueller (Post 577731)
I know IP's, I run my own private squid proxy off a VPS. I'm not worried about IP tracking, I have that down cold. I'm more worried about web image bugs. I get that logging in to Gmail in the same browser I've logged into other sites is a no-no, but from Outlook via IMAP I can't imagine how they'd connect it other than IP, which I'll be clean on.

Oh excellent! Helps to be aware of stuff at all times.

Should be fine with disabling images.

Gosh, not thought of Outlook for years.

I wonder if Thunderbird would suit you better?

:spy:

rsot 08-14-2014 05:14 AM

GreenBean 08-14-2014 06:34 AM

The parrot is out again.

:pound:

GreenBean 08-14-2014 06:39 AM

Having recharged my cell phone, OP, here's the more recent threads that take you directly to Thunderbird

(no time order)

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...-accounts.html

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...orwarding.html
(only 2 threads too ;))
:welcome;

Geegee83 08-14-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 577760)
The parrot is out again.

:pound:

:rolleyes: Polly want a cracker? :laugh:

aking 08-14-2014 08:35 AM

Why not just make a separate user account per ebay account? Do you dont have to worry about clearing cookies and flash setting, etc. when you do that. Seems like your doing a lot more work than needed...

fbueller 08-14-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 577789)
Why not just make a separate user account per ebay account? Do you dont have to worry about clearing cookies and flash setting, etc. when you do that. Seems like your doing a lot more work than needed...

My desktop is pretty tricked out with 3 monitors and some widgets. Switching accounts (not even logging out) resets the monitors and everything gets scattered, even at the same resolution. So flipping between them is a pain in the rear.

Plus, I use Outlook for my real business and you can't disable images on a per-account basis so I can't really blanket that across my regular Outlook accounts.

I do like the idea of running Thunderbird separately for the one Gmail account with images disabled, though. I hadn't thought of that (stupidly).

An0nym0u$ 08-14-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbueller (Post 577854)
My desktop is pretty tricked out with 3 monitors and some widgets. Switching accounts (not even logging out) resets the monitors and everything gets scattered, even at the same resolution. So flipping between them is a pain in the rear.

That sounds like your video driver is outdated. Check for any new drivers available for your video card.

Could also be a problem with BaseVideo being enabled. Run msconfig. Within the Boot Tab, ensure that the BaseVideo option is un-checked.

fbueller 08-14-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ (Post 577855)
That sounds like your video driver is outdated. Check for any new drivers available for your video card.

Could also be a problem with BaseVideo being enabled. Run msconfig. Within the Boot Tab, ensure that the BaseVideo option is un-checked.

Naw, I know my stuff. Nothing is outdated. This desktop is a custom built beast, so there's a lot of intricacies to it.