eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   IP address changing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/76950-ip-address-changing.html)

Cassie 08-31-2014 04:50 AM

IP address changing

I have a Sky+ Hub which I do not have a username / password for. Sky prefers to handle all tech support so frowns upon you having access.

Can I possibly change my ip address on this hub at all?

JamesNorth101 08-31-2014 04:54 AM

Re: IP address changing

Its looks like you have a static IP so it can be a bit tricky to change the IP address.

It may be worth looking at getting a dongle, or if you have a phone that is able to tether that would also work.

Callidus 08-31-2014 04:59 AM

02 4G Huawei dongle works a treat. Do make sure you check coverage in the area you live to make sure of compatibility.

:thumb:

Cassie 08-31-2014 05:53 AM

Yes I have a dongle it's just that it was running out of credit today. Ah well

isitworththestress 09-04-2014 03:59 AM

have you considered signing up for one of the online lister sites like Auctiva?

Then you just use the dongle for on ebay stuff but listing and other stuff that swallows up your dongle usage get taking up by your broadband.

Cassie 09-05-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitworththestress (Post 585215)
have you considered signing up for one of the online lister sites like Auctiva?

Then you just use the dongle for on ebay stuff but listing and other stuff that swallows up your dongle usage get taking up by your broadband.

I have seriously considered this but am just a little confused how to use them. Have tried a few youtube tutorials but still a bit baffled.

rsot 09-05-2014 10:44 AM

Dongle and mobile phone tethering are dynamic IP options to consider.

isitworththestress 09-05-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie (Post 585616)
I have seriously considered this but am just a little confused how to use them. Have tried a few youtube tutorials but still a bit baffled.

Create your ebay/paypal account with your dongle and set it up for selling with your first item or more before creating an auctiva account

Use your dongle to sign up to Auctiva and create your token for ebay.
Then after that they connect to ebay rather than you. So you can use your broadband to list, check sales, leave tracking and such all through Auctiva.

Never used the others I have heard of but others may have.

isitworththestress 09-06-2014 02:58 AM

There are some things you can't do with Auctiva like answering questions, and checking fees. So you will still need your dongle for signing into ebay and also paypal.

Kiroshi 09-06-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie (Post 583840)
I have a Sky+ Hub which I do not have a username / password for. Sky prefers to handle all tech support so frowns upon you having access.

Can I possibly change my ip address on this hub at all?

Are you sure about this? I have sky and have no issues

You just log into the router http://192.168.0.1

Default user name is 'admin'

Default password is 'sky'

Click 'maintenance' tab 3rd top icon

Scroll down and click 'sky test'

Allow it to do the test and press 'F5' on keyboard to refresh page. It will now show a new IP address.

Have you tried this?

Cassie 09-07-2014 08:47 AM

@Kiroshi

Thank you for that - very very helpful as dongles are sooo slow. You are more use that your average Sky helpdesk bod.

@isitworththestress

thank you for your info about Auctiva. I am going to make a real start on educating myself about using these sites as I intend to do a lot of stealth this year

isitworththestress 09-08-2014 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiroshi (Post 585794)

Allow it to do the test and press 'F5' on keyboard to refresh page. It will now show a new IP address.

Have you tried this?

Just wondering if this causes any issues if you keep running a test on the system?

GreenBean 09-08-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitworththestress (Post 586386)
Just wondering if this causes any issues if you keep running a test on the system?

Never has for us

:juggle:

Callidus 09-08-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie (Post 586086)
Thank you for that - very very helpful as dongles are sooo slow.

Think that is a bit of a generic statement. I can't get 4G but I bought a Huawei 4G Dongle from 02, it runs as quick as my fibre broadband, never lags and receive a new IP without problems within 10 seconds of disconnecting.

Buy the right dongle and you won't have issues :)

Kiroshi 09-08-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitworththestress (Post 586386)

No issues mate. I normally have something off Sky+ downloading, something from newsgroups etc and everything keeps running and smiling.

Kiroshi 09-08-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie (Post 586086)
@Kiroshi

Thank you for that - very very helpful as dongles are sooo slow. You are more use that your average Sky helpdesk bod.

@isitworththestress

thank you for your info about Auctiva. I am going to make a real start on educating myself about using these sites as I intend to do a lot of stealth this year

Pleasure mate, glad I could help.

CCJay 09-12-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiroshi (Post 585794)

Have you tried this?

Tried this 3 times and still showing the same IP. Does it tell you when the test is complete. As stays on

Report status 3
DSL Line is OK
PPP session using your router PPP login is OK

For a while. What am i doing wrong?

Cassie 09-13-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitworththestress (Post 585722)
Create your ebay/paypal account with your dongle and set it up for selling with your first item or more before creating an auctiva account

Use your dongle to sign up to Auctiva and create your token for ebay.
Then after that they connect to ebay rather than you. So you can use your broadband to list, check sales, leave tracking and such all through Auctiva.

Never used the others I have heard of but others may have.

hello again

I have done that. I created an auctiva account and then generated a token, I now have a 30 day free trial and when I logged in I could see my previous sales.

So in theory I can now log into auctiva using my main windows user account on my laptop on my home broadband and cannot be "seen" by ebay??

isitworththestress 09-13-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie (Post 587784)
hello again

I have done that. I created an auctiva account and then generated a token, I now have a 30 day free trial and when I logged in I could see my previous sales.

So in theory I can now log into auctiva using my main windows user account on my laptop on my home broadband and cannot be "seen" by ebay??

Yes, you are linking to Auctiva and seeing what they have on their site rather than ebays. Just look at how bad the figures are for views and watchers, as they seem to not be updated that often.

If you add listings, leave feedback or tracking then they upload from the Auctiva site to ebay.