Paypal won't load under new ip address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Paypal won't load under new ip address

I can't seem to open up any paypal webpage once I'm using a new ip address. I've tried both chrome and safari on mac osx. I don't have any suspended accounts, I just added an extra one, so is it safe to jump back to my original ip address to open up paypal? just paypal and not ebay. Does ebay care where I log into paypal? I've logged into other paypal accounts before, but I want to make sure that I won't be linked if I do so. Thank you all you lovely people for your upcoming answers!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Paypal won't load under new ip address

What message do you get when trying to log in??
Old 10-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
What message do you get when trying to log in??

basically "This webpage is not available" and the Reload button, it just takes too long to load and stops. And I'm not using any proxy. Just a VPN from 24vc.com....The details say:

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.paypal.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.
Error code: ERR_TIMED_OUT

Last edited by talos; 10-27-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%

Using a VPN from 24vc.com? That's a TERRIBLE IP solution.
Don't use a VPN and if you do make sure its not such a popular one that is certainly being monitored by ebay/paypal.
Old 10-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Using a VPN from 24vc.com? That's a TERRIBLE IP solution.
Don't use a VPN and if you do make sure its not such a popular one that is certainly being monitored by ebay/paypal.
Yikes, it was recommended by prowakeskater actually lol

First I did it the regular way by first changing the last 2 numbers on my routers mac address. But then I also noticed that if I switched the last 2 to D5 for example, the ip wasn't the same a day later. The ip's last 3 numbers changed. I was worried and figured a constant ip under a VPN would work and took prowakeskaters advice. Would it matter if the ip's last three digits changed? So long as I make notice of it..
Old 10-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

VPN is recommended and used by many experienced members and other account sellers as well.
Beats the heck out of dialup that some members still insist on and the general census seems to be that it is incredibly useful in many ways along with much easier to use multiple accounts and larger accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
123 (10-29-2014)
Old 10-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
VPN is recommended and used by many experienced members and other account sellers as well.
Beats the heck out of dialup that some members still insist on and the general census seems to be that it is incredibly useful in many ways along with much easier to use multiple accounts and larger accounts.
Sounds great. I can't believe people still use dialup!

I only got 24vc for a month so I guess I can get a lesser known VPN if it helps. Any suggestions on a lesser known one? By the way, I've used a program a year ago for something non-ebay related called Hide My IP and then hidemyass.com which basically just changed my IP, are those considered VPNs?

And I'm still stuck with slow load times on paypal and it ends up quitting on me. So I just need to know if I can log into this new paypal account with my regular IP. If not, I have no idea how to log in then since it won't load..
Old 10-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Say what you will - VPNs are generally considered a BAD IP solution.
Do your research on the forums and youll see that yourself.
Old 10-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Say what you will - VPNs are generally considered a BAD IP solution.
Do your research on the forums and youll see that yourself.
I actually tried looking for threads about why VPNs are bad, but couldn't find. The guide says that VPNs totally encrypt all of the data that travels between me and any site and that ISPs won't even know what's going on. That sounds good to me...

I don't mind switching my mac address on my modem each time, but I'd also would like to stay under the radar without having my ISP even know what's going on. Any info on that would help! Thanks
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

The problem with VPNs is that theyre monitored by ebay/paypal.
Another problem is that you never know who used them before you - and if youre enough of a sucker to buy into the whole 'dedicated virgin IP address' youre being offered then youre just being foolish.
And from what youre saying it sounds like you are not too familiar with the way VPNs work. Basically all your traffic is redirected through the VPN server and so your IP address is shown to be different - i.e. the VPN's address. Has nothing to with the ISP and everything to do with the way Ebay and paypal monitor those services and the IP ranges they offer.
But hey - if youre comfortable doing things that way all the power to you. I know I wont touch a VPN. just not worth the risk. But that's just me (and many other on these forums).
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos View Post
I actually tried looking for threads about why VPNs are bad, but couldn't find. The guide says that VPNs totally encrypt all of the data that travels between me and any site and that ISPs won't even know what's going on. That sounds good to me...
I have often posted that VPNs are a risk. If you are truly located in the USA, other viable options exist. Dongles, tethering all can be considered.

Quote:
I don't mind switching my mac address on my modem each time, but I'd also would like to stay under the radar without having my ISP even know what's going on. Any info on that would help! Thanks
Dont underestimate the knowledge ISP has of its users' activities.

Old 10-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I have often posted that VPNs are a risk. If you are truly located in the USA, other viable options exist. Dongles, tethering all can be considered.

Dont underestimate the knowledge ISP has of its users' activities.

Aha..well I asked Slokor this next question very late last night and I was wondering what answer you'd have as well on this matter:

Like I mentioned, I purchased an account from prowakeskater and he mentioned I should use 24vc, so I registered for 1 month to try that out. His account that he gave me is in Wisconsin and I used 24vc to get an IP in Michigan to make it seem that it's near by. I'm located in NYC and now have learned that VPN's are a stupid idea and I'll use that advice and stick to just switching the mac address. But since I logged into ebay only once with the vpn, and just browsed the account details and logged out, is it still ok to change my IP from the initial VPN Wisconsin one and use an IP in New York even though the physical address in ebay/paypal is in Wisconsin? Thanks!!
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos View Post
is it still ok to change my IP from the initial VPN Wisconsin one and use an IP in New York even though the physical address in ebay/paypal is in Wisconsin? Thanks!!
Yes. I would browse around a day or two before listing anything.
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

And once you do start doing things that way don't forget to keep close records of the IP addresses you used and for which account (assuming you plan on using more than one account).
Old 10-28-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting suspended over a vpn? why aren't hundreds if not thousands of VPN users suspended?

where is all of this VPN risk info coming actually from, and where are you gathering this info about ebay/paypal tracking all vpn ip pools? CERTAIN ones, yes, but all? LOL! PROXY vpn's are the bad ones, not VPNs designed for stealth ebay/paypal use

Changing the router mac address is a lengthy and tedious process, and you usually have to reset the modem thereafter. And who's to say your new IP wasn't used by a previous suspended ebay account? ITS ALL POSSIBLE. your home IP changes on its own after a certain amount of time anyway. You cannot say that fresh, new IP has never been used either. They all have.

ALL of this info that is being regurgitated is outdated.

these notions of VPNs being risky have to do with the IP being heavily recirculated- THAT is the risk! A dedicated, Static IP from 24vc can and has been used successfully by MANY here

if this notion was true, nobody would be using them.
The Following User Says Thank You to pr0wake For This Useful Post:
yankee (10-31-2014)
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Have you used a VPN slokor?

I know multi million dollar ebay businesses that only use VPN because of the safety aspects. I also spend a few thousand a year with IP blocks that I plan on switching over to VPN services because it is safer than IP blocks.

What do you suggest is best slokor other than dialup?

GreenBean gave me some info about how a VPN can be detected oftentimes. I would like to hear more facts about this. I can tell ya dialup is never going to work for any of my businesses. I understand you are a strong advocate for dialup, but that just is not feasible for a decent ebay business.

Last edited by yankee; 10-28-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I use dial-up by the way - still works well albeit slowly...
Old 10-28-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

besides VPN and VPS, tethering/mobile internet devices work well. Just keep very good track of your IPs
Old 10-28-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Thread has too many complaints reported. Thread closed.

Please respect one another's differentiating opinions on subject matters. It's not okay to attack, name call or belittle another just because a person has a different opinion then you.

8. We do not tolerate ANY abuse towards members of the forum. Offenders will be warned and then banned if excessive abuse continues. That includes name calling, racial slurs, derogatory comments, etc.

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ