eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   changing ip's (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/9195-changing-ips.html)

rjess7832 01-18-2009 02:07 AM

changing ip's

Ok, I have read for hours here and bought the ebook last night. Have read most of it and have already started the steps. I have a question though and dont think I am dumb. I understand how to change ip address and I understand about the cookies. But my question is how often do i change ip address, jst the initial first time? and do I have to change it every time I long on to different ebay accounts? That is alot of trouble if that is the case. Oh and thanks so much for this site. I though once my ebay account was banned that I was gonna be in the poor house, now at least I have hope again. I would like to open at least 3 accounts and run them at the same time. does that mean I need 3 different paypal accounts with 3 different bank accounts? I do not want them linked is why I ask. Also, If I have a checking account ina bank and also a savings account, and only the checking is linked to paypal, can the pull from the savings also, even though they dont know the number etc. Sorry for all the questions, I am just really eager to get started again. I need my money!!! :)

aspkin 01-18-2009 03:00 AM

You'll need to switch your IP address between eBay accounts. If you use the same one for more then one account, it'll link your accounts.

And yes, you need a new PayPal account per eBay account. That means a new bank account per PayPal account as well.

I recommend reading eBay Stealth a couple times before diving in, just to make sure you understand everything.

Good luck,

TGMT² 01-18-2009 03:17 AM

Hi RJESS!

It might be better if you just start off with one good stealth account 1st to get your Ebay sells going again.

After that then worry about getting a 2nd (Back-Up account) in play.

In the mean time...spend some time here, you will learn a lot and might be more comfortable with multiple accounts.

stang1101 01-18-2009 07:50 AM

I use dialup which gives me a new IP every time.

aspkin 01-19-2009 12:14 AM

I use ebayhateluv's technique of multiple routers that I switch out for a no hassle ip change.

doughboykilla 01-19-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 73112)
I use ebayhateluv's technique of multiple routers.

You can use more then one router? I have tried to hook one router to another but it didnt work. How are u doing it with more then one?

TGMT² 01-19-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 73112)
I use ebayhateluv's technique of multiple routers that I switch out for a no hassle ip change.

I'm curious too...

Are you changing the ISP's router, I have tried that but it wont work. My router is assigned to my internet account.

Or are you changing like a Linksys DSL router that is being installed between the ISP router and the Computer?

aspkin 01-19-2009 01:39 AM

Yeah, I use my old Linksys router and Netgear router one at a time.

I just switch between them because their mac addresses are different, and that'll give me an easy new IP address.

I just have a regular modem from my ISP, I didn't get the built in router like some of them come with.

TGMT² 01-19-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 73119)
Yeah, I use my old Linksys router and Netgear router one at a time.

So those are both wireless routers...right?

I have Cox Cable internet and I have to use their Surfboard Modem, and when I hook-up a wireless router...I have to clone my MAC Address on the wireless router before I can get it to work. At least with the Linksys routers.

And cloning the MAC address makes it the same as the modems MAC address...right?

I have about 30 wireless routers here...Maybe I'll try a Netgear or another brand and see if I have to clone the MAC address on them.

aspkin 01-19-2009 02:13 AM

Yes, both wireless.

Linksys gives me more problems then Netgear.

I'm not too sure about the Mac address cloning.

Burst 01-19-2009 06:37 AM

Also refer to this tutorial

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...d-numbers.html

This method has been working for 10+ ebay accounts running at the same time

stang1101 01-19-2009 04:39 PM

I use netzero, works like a charm.

mustwin 01-21-2009 06:34 AM

ip change advice

hi all,

by reading the forum i am finally getting somewhere with the frustrations of ebay and pp and am looking forward to getting back on and earnig some money again!

i am about to purchase the manuel as i comes highly recommended throughout the forum.

one question before i do, just to make sure i am not wasting my time;

i like in a block of apartments with the wireless internet connection coming from one main source. i do not have a router in my apartment and am therefore stuck as to how i can go about changing my IP.

any ideas out there?

aspkin 01-21-2009 07:41 AM

There are a couple options mentioned about this in eBay Stealth, give it a read, you won't be disappointed.