eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   what if I reset my IP address and comes up linked to a suspended account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/9712-what-if-i-reset-my-ip-address-comes-up-linked-suspended-account.html)

frankie 02-25-2009 12:45 AM

what if I reset my IP address and comes up linked to a suspended account?

Hello everyone I have question? Yes I have searched for information on this subject and no luck so please donot yell at me.My question is I already reset my IP addres by simply pushing the button behind my modem,but I have 3 feebay accounts suspended with the same internet service provider sbc global.net ,what if I reset my IP address and somehow it comes back to one of those that were linked to a suspended account?I mean what are the odds of that happening and how would I know what IP address to avoid?:tears: sorry if this has been answered already somewhere on here, I would to get suspended from here also,then I would have to create a stealth account for here!:FF:

siashay 02-25-2009 06:52 AM

it is such a slim chance, and if you got rid of cookies/ and flash cookies it won't get linked.

aspkin 02-25-2009 12:36 PM

If you're directly connected to a modem then the chances are slim you'll get the same IP Address like siashay says, but if you have a router in the mix be sure to note your IP Address every time you change it, because routers like to hold onto IPs at times.

Just keep a log of your ip addresses and you'll be fine.

DogFacedBoy 04-23-2009 01:15 PM

I think when enough time passes, presuming cookies are cleared it's not a big deal if the IP address comes up the same as one that was suspended a year ago.
I don't think I'd like to try and register a new account using the IP address of a recently suspended account

aspkin 04-24-2009 09:23 AM

It's unlikely you'll get the same IP you had a year ago... but a few days ago or week ago sure.

nomore 04-30-2009 01:13 PM

I have a question based on this... OK
I have 1 ebay account i signed up to ages ago with my adsl wireless and a new account i made as backup on a library pc, now i'm back home how do I get a diff IP for 1 account, and then a diff one for the other steadily? I mean I think about ppl wit 5 accounts, how the heck to you manage the IPs?
OK I have a fresh IP from my ISP, but I have 2 accounts, so how do I keep them seperate IPs?
I have searched everywhere for this answer!!

Yes I have 1 PC = 1 account, all fresh!
but 1 ADSL connection = 2 accounts??

How do i list, do invoicing etc on my 2 accounts but making sure they dont link IP?
pleeease help.
(this is only for 2 accounts.... wat if I have 10...AAAGH?? I mean you cannot just switch your modem off every 2 hours when logging in2 the diff account right? (plus i have static anyway) but still, they would flag you after 1 week for logging ino your account with 10 IP's would'nt they?)

i really need help on this point, i have the rest sorted, IPs is my only dead end... thankkkkyou soo mch!

philly387 04-30-2009 05:59 PM

I would get dial up to use for ebay. As long as you don't use the same ip on both accounts you are fine. Just make sure you log every ip you use for each account.

nomore 05-01-2009 06:23 AM

I only have a phoneline at home that is a VoIP by my ISP, will dial-up still work?
I have a dial tone but I will need to plugin to the ADSL/Phone splitter? I have a convensional phone hooked up to it, it just uses Engin for the voip.

I just want to know if dial-up would work, and if not how could I get another way around this? maybe a paid VPN from my country, city?

thanks heaps guys

Cabo 05-07-2009 01:48 AM

It's possible to use dial up over VoIP, but problems are very common with that type of setup. It all depends on how your ISP configured the system. A more reliable solution would be to install a cheap firewall / router and change it's MAC address. Sounds complicated but it really isn't. The first thing to do is call your ISP and ask if they're using static ips or dynamic ips. You want dynamic (most ISPs are using them). Even if they're using statics you should be able to pay a little extra for a 2nd static. If you don't want to deal with a router you could also buy a VPN account. Yes, getting one with a gateway in the same city as your mailing address / telephone number is the best approach.

Hercules 05-07-2009 08:00 PM

By changing your IP, with that router mac address trick will that make your new IP tell ebay your in a different location then your F@@@K address?

yaw1800 05-07-2009 08:58 PM

different address but same area

IP's, from what i see via ipchicken etc, dont display your actual address, just a proximity of where you are

Cabo 05-07-2009 11:43 PM

Yaw's right. It's just like a telephone number - they can identify the city by the area code, but they don't know where in the city you're located.

Hercules 05-08-2009 12:55 AM

Thanks Yaw, Cabo, I take it that means all new and future accounts have to be F@@K addressed at or near where I'm living know? Stocking up on acc's are still most practical with AOL I gather or maybe I can go on forever with addresses within a 50 mile circle like the stealth book instructs?

Cabo 05-10-2009 02:05 AM

I've setup @@@@ addresses in different cities that lasted over a year. With that said, it's definitely safer list them within 50 miles. Why take unnecessary risks?

Pringles 07-15-2011 08:59 PM

How are the chances with cellular internet/tethering?