eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   [SERVER Migration] 20 VMWare VMs (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/111371-server-migration-20-vmware-vms.html)

viktbnw 10-14-2017 06:04 AM

[SERVER Migration] 20 VMWare VMs

Hi guys,

An acquaintance of mine, who owes me one or two, said he's really good at VMs and promised to help me migrate my VM setup to be more efficient but stopped answering my calls long-time ;( I bought a server to host my VMs.
I read a lot around the forums and I still feel a little lost on how to do it myself.

I have about 20x VMWare workstation VMs right on my Desktop PC right now (1 user account) (16GB, i7 2,2GHZ Quad-core) and I only play about 4-5 of them simultaneously.
However, two people cannot access different VMs at the same time and PC cannot be used because there's a part-time worker that does something else on it (Also extending to full-time soon).
To connect & manage sales we use the PC directly or through a Teamviewer connection to it when not in office or if USA partner wants to log in. All VMs are in 1 User account and I navigate through the machines in VMWare Workstation

I'm looking to create a system and migrate or remake my VMWare Workstation virtual machines.
I bought a server which can scale (Asus Z9NA-D6 Dual LGA 1356 ATX Gbit W/ 2x Xeon E5-2448L ES Workstation, 3x16GB DDR4, 480GGB SSD) but I'm trying to set it up the right way.

- Operating System?
- How to make different virtual machines accessible from 2 people at the same time?
- Change VMWare Workstation for virtual machines creation for something else or just many Windows User Accounts tied to 24vc IPs?

Any recommendations from experts would be greatly appreciated. Kudos!

minhnkt 10-17-2017 03:32 AM

Re: [SERVER Migration] 20 VMWare VMs

Hi,

Hope my opinion can help you somehow.
I'm a system administrator, so i can give you some advises to build your system. Of course this way not easy to build like install windows application on PC. But you can get every step on google, youtube, or you can PM me, if i have time, i can support you by chatting or email.

if you want to use a server to build a vitualization system, i recommend you install VMware ESXi version (ESXi is free version, dont care about price, you can request a license from them).

ESXi was built-in OS and virtualization system, only download the ISO file, burn to DVD then install and setup network, after that you can leave your server alone :D, then use you PC to connect and control it very simple via VMware vSphere client.

With this system, you can give access to anyone can remote to VM by console, i mean "Console Windows", not "remote Desktop" or something like "Teamviewer" or "Logmein" if you need some peoples use the same VM at the same time, on the other hand, you can use any OS on your VMs and never care about how many person or how to remote you VM.
Or
Create each VM for each person separtely. Very simple, remember your server need one internet connection strong enough (for all you VMs) separately with your home connection.

You can contact me via skype : minhnguyenkt or email: duyoka[at]gmail.com, if anything i can help, i'll do :D

atomik13 03-01-2022 07:44 AM

Re: [SERVER Migration] 20 VMWare VMs

I am looking for a tutorial to configure VMware 16 pro
Can someone help me? I don't know if I should choose Bridged Networking or NAT or Host only Networking .....