What about Cricket and Magic Jack - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 01-18-2010
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

They're same price as any other nationwide service.... 59.99 a month. I've been using one for about a year, and I get a new ip every time, without fail. All I have to do is disconnect and reconnect. Plus, it's broadband everywhere, not just in certain areas.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2010

Longevity: 81%

Hi, I'm new here to this forum and loving it!

I clear about $500 per week right now on ebay using just one account but am afraid of it getting limited at anytime (I'm not a powerseller...yet!).

But I just got the Stealth Book and GOD have I been doing the wrong things!

Anyway, to the topic, I just created my first stealth account using the strategies from the book and I used my cricket broadband and Magicjack to do it, no problems!

I think that using a broadband card is the absolute best way around the IP issue. Every disconnect/reconnect brings a new ip so it's theoretically possible to use it to create unlimited accounts (depending on the IP range they've assigned to your area of coverage). I have yet to see it happen since I've started using it not too long ago but at some point, i figure that the ip's will recycle so have to very careful and vigilant about record keeping for ip's used per account to not accidentally link accounts when that happens.

As for magicjack, when you sign up, you get to choose a local number from what they have available in your area (and there are lots) but it gets assigned to your magicjack permanently. So you'll only get one phone number to use. It's not a cheap option to use for creating multiple stealth accounts. There are cheaper alternatives. Not sure if ebay allows using toll-free numbers to create personal accounts (but maybe business accounts. anyone knows??) but you can get cheap toll free numbers from kall8 instantly.

Anyone use them before?
The Following User Says Thank You to maxx For This Useful Post:
aspkin (03-21-2010)
Old 03-16-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

You can't use toll free numbers. vumber or phone.com is the way to go.
Old 03-17-2010

Longevity: 83%

I am still wondering about using Dialup with the MagicJack with the MJ using Broadband to get a different IP address. Does this work? Since I now have 5 Years of MagicJack fun. I did used 2 different computers. One for Dialup and another had the MJ in it. I tried it with Netzero and it just froze on me. So is it my 5 year old IBM Thinkpad modem or what? I would think it would work. It doesn't need to connect at 56K speed. Can anyone confirm that this works?
Old 03-17-2010

Longevity: 84%
Default ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
The Verizon wireless plans are quite expensive, do you know if I would get a new IP each time I connect/disconnect?
If you get a Verizon Blackberry and tether it to your computer you will get a new ip each time you reconnect. They are pretty expensive, mines about $150 a month but the blackberry data service by itself is only about $40 last time I checked.
Old 03-21-2010
MU

The data service itself is cheaper than the tether option. I'm not sure how much it is with ATT. (probably the same as verizon)

With verizon it's 30 a month for the data, and an additional 30 for the tether option.
Unless you have a corporate data plan, it's 45 a month, and an extra 15 for the tether.

Works just like a data card for connecting.
Old 03-21-2010

I guess verizon doesn't know I have my phone tethered than since I don't see any charges for that on my bill, just data and phone service.
Old 03-21-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Are you using VZaccess Manager? Or DUN?
Old 03-21-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
I guess verizon doesn't know I have my phone tethered than since I don't see any charges for that on my bill, just data and phone service.
Interesting. I know there is an application you can download on the droid that will let you do it without paying the additional charge.
Old 03-21-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
I thought you could only use the vz access to tether, it's been like that for a few years.

Are you talking about networking the phone to the computer?
Old 03-21-2010

Quote:
I'm using VZaccess Manager and I've heard of DONE but never heard of DUN.
Old 03-21-2010
MU

DUN is dial up networking.... I think.
Old 03-21-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
DUN is dial up networking.... I think.
Yup that is correct. It's when you create a new dial up connection using yournumber@vzw3g.com, password is vzw, and the number to dial is #777.
I know all the codes that some of the techs don't even know to access different fuctions in the vzaccess manager.
Old 03-21-2010
Banned

Using vzaccess manager keeps track of your usage but I heard alot of people using DUN that they can tether and it's not tracked.
Old 03-21-2010
MU

I wonder....

The blackberry data is supposed to be unlimited. There is, in fact, a limit of 5GB. The problem is that the phone couldn't possibly process 5 GB on it's own in a month, unless you're using it as a browser. Whether or not it's tracked by vz access manager, there is the potential to go over that limit. Not saying you will, I doubt the normal blackberry as modem customer is a heavy user compared to someone with a data card

The device itself uses a dial up connection with vz access manager, so does the data card.... like you said, it's to track the usage. I'm going to try that again when I get more sleep. It's been a few months since I've tried, but I couldn't ever get it to tether without the software.

back in the 1xrtt days you could tether anything, even without a data plan.... ah I miss sprint sometimes.
Old 03-21-2010
Banned

Yea I bet they put a 5gb limit and charge you to tether probably because DSL & Cable companies were probably crying about it. Just think of how much business they would lose if tethering was free? Here's a little clip about tethering and verizon wireless TOS they seem pretty scrict BE CAREFUL Verizon users.

The following is from Verizon's ToS for their $49.99 unlimited data plan:

Unlimited PDA/Smartphone and BlackBerry® Plans:
Data sessions may be used for following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force and field service automation. Intranet access requires the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.). Unlimited plans are for individual use only and not for resale. The Unlimited plans cannot be used: (1) for any applications that tether the device to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose, (2) for uploading, downloading or streaming of movies, music or games, (3) with server devices or with host computer applications other than the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, including, without limitation, Web camera posts or broadcasts, continuous jpeg file transfers, automatic data feeds, telemetry applications, automated functions or any other machine-to-machine applications, (4) as substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections.
Data sessions automatically terminate after two hours of inactivity unless used with a Mobile IP-capable device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone who uses the Unlimited plan in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

Then here's something about tethering with the Droid.

Verizon Droid Tethering Will Cost You - PCWorld Business Center

Wow very expensive Verizon is really greedy.

Last edited by oge; 03-21-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2010
MU

Quote:

Wow very expensive Verizon is really greedy.
Yes, something we finally both strongly agree with.
Old 03-22-2010

Default ^^^

Quote:
Yup that is correct. It's when you create a new dial up connection using yournumber@vzw3g.com, password is vzw, and the number to dial is #777.
I know all the codes that some of the techs don't even know to access different fuctions in the vzaccess manager.
That's how I do it but I also have vzaccess manager and 5MB which you can go over and pay a little extra.
Old 03-22-2010
Banned

5mb isnt a whole lot ask First Edition even 500 mb isn't nothing either is it First Edition?
Old 03-24-2010

I got Cricket today and I'm lovin' it! I paid $77 out of pocket for the device, 1 month's unlimited service and the activation fee. A $50 rebate is on its way. It seems to be pretty fast too.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-24-2010
MU

Quote:
5mb isnt a whole lot ask First Edition even 500 mb isn't nothing either is it First Edition?
I'm sure he means 5GB. No, 5MB is nothing.
Old 03-24-2010
Banned

Ok your probably right 5GB not 5MB