P O Boxes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 01-29-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default P O Boxes

I've read that a lot of you with multiple ebay/paypal accounts use a different PO Box for each one.

I know that you need to be truthful when you open the PO Box(s), but I have a few questions.

1)Do you open a new PO Box everytime you open a new stealth account?

2)Do you put the same info on every PO Box when you open it? Or do you register a company name for every one?

3)Doesn't the Post Office think it's strange if you have 5, 10, or 20 PO Boxes?

4)And finally, if you have stealth account that gets banned, do you just close or forget about the PO Box that is attached to it?

Thanks for your help,

NTP
The Following User Says Thank You to NTP For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (05-24-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

well I would NOT have that many po boxes with one company, a new po per account would be best, but you can vary a real address a few times, to make the most of it. You need real id to open it, so a variation of your name will usually be ok, you can often add other people to box, so a relatives id too? you can keep a po box if you are banned if you want, it may be useful for returns etc, a company name is a good alternative and then you can have a variation of that too...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-30-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I use a different address for each login. I do NOT use the US Postal Service PO Boxes. I use private mail services. But, if you must use the post office, choose a major city with several different locations. Many college towns have 4 or more post office branches. Also, with post office, opening several in a personal name is a red-flag to them, so I suggest creating a business entity all the way around.
Old 01-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies.

Yesh, I was thinking that a bunch of PO boxes might throw up red flags.

And when you say "private mail service" you are refering to UPS stores and the like, correct?

What about virtual address with a mail forwarding service. I would think you could get a bunch of them if they work. Anybody have any experience with them?
Old 01-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTP View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Yesh, I was thinking that a bunch of PO boxes might throw up red flags.

And when you say "private mail service" you are refering to UPS stores and the like, correct?

What about virtual address with a mail forwarding service. I would think you could get a bunch of them if they work. Anybody have any experience with them?
I don't suggest you to use mail forwarding services. There could be other people using them for ebay/paypal.

I used to use a mail forwarding service for my ebay account and it got linked to another suspended account. Using a mail forwarding service is a big NO -NO.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 01-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok. Good to know thanks.......crap!

I was just hoping to find something where I didn't have to run all over town to pick up my mail at 5 or 6 different places.

Ok, so I remember when UPS Store was Mail Boxes Etc. And when they first opened up you could get a box and put "Suite #123" and that would work. Then they came out with other regulations and said that you had to put "PMB 123" for Private Mail Box.

Just wondered what you guys with exp had used for address variations with UPS store.

1) Name variation or your own. (I read here that you can't use a "roommates" as they ask them to fill out a reg card now)

2)Can you use:

PMB 123
Box 123
Suite 123

And big question with that: It won't link you to other accounts since the street address is the same even though the prefix of "123" is different?

3)Also, if you go to 5 UPS Stores and open up a box in your name, does that throw up a flag with UPS Store? Do they share a data base?

Thanks,

NTP
Old 01-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What's the problem about running around town if it means you make money? You do what you have to do to beat ebay.
Be positive not defeatist
Old 01-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Not really a big deal to run around town.

But the big question is:

Are all the UPS stores linked via a database. If there are 5 UPS stores around town, can I get a box at each one without questions being asked?

Or should I go with a different mail box company for every one of them?

I guess my problem is that I like to have all my ducks in a row before I do anything. I don't liked to go off half cocked. The problem with that is it usually takes me longer to get going! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to NTP For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (01-30-2010)
Old 05-21-2010

Longevity: 80%

Th be honest I am stuck on this same issue I want to open multiple accounts, which only take in £1,000 or so a month that way I should be under the radar with pp. So there would be no need to ever to send them my life history.
I'm thinking of just using made up address, I dont care about returns I can always send them a real return address later.
Otherwise the only other thing would be to open lots of po boxs. Any advice would be helpfull.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2010

Longevity: 81%

Sending someone a different address is not so simple. An experienced buyer could assume that you are trying to scam him because PayPal Buyer Protection requires that item is returned to PayPal address of record.

If you would try to do that with me as a buyer, I would immediately file a dispute with PP and ask for address where I am supposed to return the item. I would also immediately research you, starting with the original phony address, and I would quickly find out that your account is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

No, this is not so simple. You must have an address where returns can be send without raising any suspicion.
Old 05-22-2010

Longevity: 81%

can we put our po box addres in the paypal any suggessions?
Old 05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversnew View Post
Sending someone a different address is not so simple. An experienced buyer could assume that you are trying to scam him because PayPal Buyer Protection requires that item is returned to PayPal address of record.

If you would try to do that with me as a buyer, I would immediately file a dispute with PP and ask for address where I am supposed to return the item. I would also immediately research you, starting with the original phony address, and I would quickly find out that your account is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

No, this is not so simple. You must have an address where returns can be send without raising any suspicion.
That is a VERY GOOD point I never thought of it from a buyers point of view. You are 100% right as I would do the same thing, maybe not go as far as reseaching the seller, as I know pp and feebay will take my side, (they always take the buyers side).

This is the reason why I love this forum, so much great help from unselfish members.
Old 05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnnnytheman View Post
can we put our po box addres in the paypal any suggessions?
I read somewhere oompaloompa say that you can use PO BOX if you register as a business seller, as that way there would be no problems. In the stealth guide, however it does say that PO BOXs are frowned upon. The way around that is to talk to them and see if you can just send letters without writing "PO BOX".
I still havent opened a stealth account so Im I'm NOT speaking from experience, just what I have picked up so its all theory
Old 05-24-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
I read somewhere oompaloompa say that you can use PO BOX if you register as a business seller, as that way there would be no problems. In the stealth guide, however it does say that PO BOXs are frowned upon. The way around that is to talk to them and see if you can just send letters without writing "PO BOX".
I still havent opened a stealth account so Im I'm NOT speaking from experience, just what I have picked up so its all theory
Using street address #XXXX is still not really the best. One reason is that if it's a largish PO, there may be several stealth accounts at that address.
It's not a terrible idea, but it's also not the best idea to use a PO from the US Postal Service.
Old 05-24-2010

Longevity: 85%

I also think someone mentioned that registering as a business seller is the way to go so that you can put the name of the stealth account you are using
under the business name.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
a business anem is ideal to go with a pobox

I would never actually write PO box, I would put office 101 etc.....

there are issues with po boxes, the main one being, that they can easily be looked up as such by paypal...so I only use them for business accounts...other downside is they ask for ID and you put pobox as home address, well thats not real id then, is it....