Multiple IP's for Multiple a/c's with a laptop + wifi? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 04-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Multiple IP's for Multiple a/c's with a laptop + wifi?

I was thinking of getting some fresh ebay/paypal a/c's and since I can't change my IP, its a netgear wireless router with 2 pcs on broadband, i thought what bout using a laptop via wifi, say in starbucks, or anywhere that has wifi, sit down with the laptop, order a coffee and open up an ebay/ppal a/c, will using a laptop in a wiffi area give you a different ip address everytime?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,780 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 100%

Everytime no, but it is a different Ip address. You can move to different places to obtain a different Ip address. It'll work, just usually the ip address of these place hardly change.
Old 04-12-2008

Longevity: 93%

the ip` in starbucks is static ip. i used to do that in the summer 2007 plus you got an ip from PA state (T-mobile) for starbucks
Old 04-13-2008

Longevity: 94%

It was a beautiful day here yesterday, the kids where out playing and I took my laptop and sat on my next door neighbors steps and opened a new ebay account. when I was done there I moved to the next house then the next. There are 5 unlocked wireless in my neighborhood. Of course, we are all real tight, all good friends in my neighborhood so they knew what I was doing. I wouldn't try it on people you don't know.
Old 05-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

I drive around all over to get new ips park in allys in front of house or whatevery and open new accounts :D you wont belive how many people has unsucured networks :D and they never even know you was on there internet.
Old 06-03-2008

Longevity: 98%

Beside long distance that you can get from your phone company, what are other options, if any?
Old 06-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,136 Times in 7,105 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You will find that each company has different packages. Bit hard to say what would be
involved. you need to consider what you want and what they give.
Old 06-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

I use to go down to Melbourne Central which is like a shopping centre, had free wireless for sometime until they stopped it. That always feed me the same IP address though? i dont know if it was suppose to but yeah.
Old 06-11-2008

Longevity: 92%

My neighbor had a unsecured network so I logged into his internet from my laptop and made myself a new ebay account....

I got a little carried away though and started downloading some films using his internet connection, I didn't realize it though as my laptop automatically logged into his internet connection instead of mine......I think he realized because he would have found his Internet connection a little slow....

jscan...I went down to the State Library of Melbourne to try and open up a new eBay account...the only problem was that there internet was so slow the ebay registration page couldn't even load...so I found a little café that had free wireless and I opened up an account there....

I wished I still lived in Europe though...there is wireless everywhere...from my appartment in europe I had like 3 unsecured WiFi connections....then if I went down to a park or any café or whatever, and there was internet everywhere......the perfect ebay solution...24 hours a day...
Old 06-12-2008

Hmm I just connect to internet on my laptop by tethering it to my cellphone. It gives me a different ip everytime.
Old 09-10-2008

Longevity: 89%

but if you made say 3 accounts from 3 different wifi connections with different ip's you would have to make sure you logged into the right account on the right ip? or could you then go back and log on using your own ip for all 3 accounts? becuase what happens if the person then changes theres to secured you would have to get another ip right
Old 10-01-2008

I was wondering the same thing as gooner90 - I am starting new accounts at verious IPs near my apartment but sometimes have trouble accessing those WIFIs consistently (service comes in and out, etc). I use a different web browser on mac for each account (ie. opera, flock, mozilla) to ensure cookies don't trigger linking but have sometimes logged in on my main ip for the other accounts. Still hasn't shut anything down after a few weeks. But I am wondering what the risk of this is?
Old 10-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I hate the fact that I cant make new ebay accounts here at work on their network or wifi b/c the ip address doesnt change. I would make an account per day if I could. =P
Old 10-05-2008

how could you make an account everyday you need new credit card details for each account?
Old 10-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

you don't need a credit card to make a new eBay or paypal account.
Old 10-06-2008

You don't need a CC, but if you haven't set it up yet with a bank account (in paypal) and want to sell, or just want to start up ebay accounts to start them aging, having different credit cards is useful I find.

I have been using virtual card numbers, I haven't read much about that on here but it is working for me using card numbers I got from VisaVCC.com
Old 10-06-2008

I would seriously suggest that you avoid sites like the one that chostin linked to, above.
These types of sites do not belong to any valid financial institution and, for all you know, they could be providing you with stolen credit card information.

Only deal with credit cards from valid financial institutions!
Old 10-06-2008

Default Multiple eBay/PAYPAL accounts on same laptop

Why don't you invest in a separate modem? I just added a separate AT&T DSL modem exclusively for eBay business. I can reset the IP by unplugging it for about a minute or two. Then I don't have to pack up and drive all over town looking for an internet connection everytime I want to access an ebay account or look at one of my PAYPAL accounts. I also have a Road Runner Modem with a Time Capsule router/hard drive that my kids use and I use for general Internet surfing. I have to unplug both the modem and the Time Capsule router for 2 days to get a new IP. Not practical. My second modem is not wireless -for now, and it changes IP's easily. It is only $25.00 per month. I don't know how much business you want to do but that is a small price to pay to be able to stay in one place and work. I also set up all my eBay/PP accounts under separate User Accounts - so I really don't have to worry about clearing all my cookies all the time. Besides, I think that clearing your cookies all the time can flag your account. I do use Firefox with Objection -set to clear cookies every time it is shut down. I am pretty new to all this but I am trying to fly under the radar with eBay/PAYPAL and that means that I need to look and act like a newbie.
Old 10-06-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,780 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMB View Post
Hmm I just connect to internet on my laptop by tethering it to my cellphone. It gives me a different ip everytime.

The new IPhone can do that with the right software.
Old 10-07-2008

Ok, sorry about the input on the VCC thing. I don't believe they are stolen based on the similarities between multiple ones they have (and the fact that they work with whatever address/name you use) but I was wondering what risks might be involved with using them.

I am in Canada and it is more difficult to get gift cards here, or so it seems.... defiitely less options for them at least. That's why I ended up going that way, but in the future I will think twice. I appreciate the input Quasi_Mojo, not trying to steer anyone in a bad direction.
Old 10-07-2008

chostin, You can get gift cards in Canada from stores like Macs convenience stores as well as Shopper's Drug Mart. Look for Vanilla Mastercard gift cards (light yellow packaging) that come pre-loaded in $25, $75 or $100 denominations. Make sure they activate the card correctly before leaving the store.

Google: site:aspkin.com Canada Canadian credit card
Old 10-11-2008

hi, i'm needing a giftcard that has $1000 on it. does anyone know where i can get one without having to give my ssn?
it would have to be something where i can use it and if i return the item, i'm still able to get a credit back onto the card.