eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   Responding to emails when you maintain multiple EBAY accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/4253-responding-emails-when-you-maintain-multiple-ebay-accounts.html)

gotgameplan 04-25-2008 03:08 PM

Responding to emails when you maintain multiple EBAY accounts

Hi my friends may I please ask you how do you go as far as answering emails that come in to ebay account I understand the listing part with Auctiva for listings but if you have lets say 5 ebay accounts with 5 paypal you always need to go back an answer questions like I need a refund before they issue you neg for not responding to them also understand you cant log in from same ip whats the best way to handle questions coming in threw ebay thanks ... or is it that you dont go to ebay you just open email that is under that account and read but dont respond threw ebay a bit confuse thanks for your help......Jimmy

ovidiu 04-25-2008 03:29 PM

If you use Gmail, images are blocked and you can log into all your email accounts from the same ip & computer. I think images can be blocked with Outlook Express too.

NowWhat 04-25-2008 04:05 PM

Modee: our research shows that EBAY does not track through emails opened outside the EBAY system, whether you download the images or not.

But don't they use this opportunity to insert cookie spies into your computer?

ovidiu 04-25-2008 09:26 PM

ovidiu, our research shows that EBAY does not track through emails opened outside the EBAY system, whether you download the images or not.

If eBay does not use images to track us, why are there images with incredibly long filenames and also the 1 pixel images in some emails? I of course don't have a definitive answer on this, but it doesn't make sense that they would go to all that trouble for nothing.

aspkin 04-26-2008 07:39 AM

Whether they're tracking for cookies or not, it's best to use Gmail to stop any tracking eBay has with their emails. Just use Gmail and don't worry about it.

I'm an email marketer as well; I send thousands of emails to customers a week. I enable tracking for my emails, which is a 1 pixel image within an email. It lets me know if someone opens an email, and if they clicked on a link, which helps me for marketing. What eBay does with their tracking no one knows for sure. Again, be safe and use Gmail which blocks all images by default and thus protecting you.

Superpak 04-26-2008 10:45 PM

I read the ebook ebay replay, and it saids gmail is ineffective, and to use a plain txt email service

GreenBean 04-26-2008 11:29 PM

Taking a Risk

casta, ain't no one around that I know that has disproved aspkin's advise.:rolleyes: I know you are making a big effort to work ebay again. BUT trust aspkin, PLEASE.:)

ps, I am sure that if anyone does not enable images in Gmail, you get
a text only message.:confused:

terryp 04-27-2008 01:02 AM

Never open any ebay message from email..only from logged on ebay account..that goes for Paypal promo emails also..NEVER open them (they are only cr#p anyway)

Superpak 04-29-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 38377)
casta, ain't no one around that I know that has disproved aspkin's advise.:rolleyes: I know you are making a big effort to work ebay again. BUT trust aspkin, PLEASE.:)

ps, I am sure that if anyone does not enable images in Gmail, you get
a text only message.:confused:

Aspkin is also learning from other members input aswell. The aim is to work as a team, and share advice we believe should be presented to this forum. I said this, because Ebay Replay goes into great depth regarding tracking via email. However it could be a load of crap, but who knows.

Jonas 04-29-2008 06:30 AM

I find turning pictures off in your browser if using webmail is just fine.

ebay-hijos de........... 08-06-2008 06:49 AM

What about paypal invoices? can u open them from your email or should you just check your PP acc & get buyers address directly from there?