Needing advice for high speed connection - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 04-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Cool Needing advice for high speed connection

After reading many posts/buying the ebook etc. I have been taking every tip i learn to heart... This isn't just a job for me. I sit up every night just about researching/managing accounts. Anyways, I even brought my bestfriend to help me create accounts and manage them. So far I'm up to 45 confirmed accounts many have their own PO boxes with various UPS stores. Each have their own numbers that forward to my office.
All is good... Sadly I'm using DIALUP... :( I'm not good with waiting forever to load up a page etc but i'm looking for an alternative for dial up. Of coarse it needs to give different ip's etc at high speed.

Here is my set up: (you may find it crazy, try not to laugh too hard)
I rented a building, set up 10 computers, 10 different lines for each computer, also have all the shipping goodies such as a label maker, laser jet printer, whole shipping area that looks like a ups operation in the other room. I dial in to each account with its own dial up area (ex. if i have a NY account, i dial to NY) i place a card in front of the machine to let me know which account i'm working on, so on and so forth.

What should I do as far as converting this operation to high speed? or any suggestions??

I don't post hardly at all but I do love this forum. Thanks for all the help. And yes maybe i went a little overboard on this thing but hey...might as well try to go big at something eh?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2008
Threadstarter  

oh and another thing.. after you register 12 email accounts from hotmail, and or google's gmail. you will have to change an IP address. They have a limit.
Old 05-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

What the heck do you need to sell, considering the effort you've gone to here???
Old 05-01-2008
Threadstarter  

lol, well i try to keep EVERYTHING separate. :D

one account for selling cars, another for movies, another for liquidations, the list goes on.

This is my theory,

say i have a gas station.... I sell gas and so does my competitors. If i spread myself out and have many gas stations I can cover more areas for more sales. Thus I am more likely to have more sales rather than hoping everyone stops into my store/gas station. This is why i have so many accounts to drive more sales inward, yet stay under the radar for paypal etc. I hate faxing etc to paypal because i made x amount of dollars in a week etc and prove where i get them etc. All is legit but a pain in the ass. However, if you make about 400-500 a week per account and use the click n ship they don't seem to mind as much.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Wink

Hmm. You will need to get DSL modem quickly. I will let the experts advise you on that.
If you have a need for many gmail accounts, have you spoken to their corporate division? Look at the site under gmail and check 'For Organizations'. Explains
about what you might do.
Fill in a Google Apps Premier Edition Interest Form. They may be able to assist.
There is another way but it is involved. Try this first. Good Luck

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-01-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-01-2008
Threadstarter  

thanks for the tip, never thought of that.

also, i spoke with a rep from tollfreeforwarding.com and if you have a good amount of accounts you can sign up for a "master agent affiliate program" that will give you 20% off each month. This info was just presented to me by a rep the other day so i haven't tested this out yet.
Old 10-05-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Dialing to NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown_user View Post
After reading many posts/buying the ebook etc. I have been taking every tip i learn to heart... This isn't just a job for me. I sit up every night just about researching/managing accounts. Anyways, I even brought my bestfriend to help me create accounts and manage them. So far I'm up to 45 confirmed accounts many have their own PO boxes with various UPS stores. Each have their own numbers that forward to my office.
All is good... Sadly I'm using DIALUP... :( I'm not good with waiting forever to load up a page etc but i'm looking for an alternative for dial up. Of coarse it needs to give different ip's etc at high speed.

I rented a building, set up 10 computers, 10 different lines for each computer, also have all the shipping goodies such as a label maker, laser jet printer, whole shipping area that looks like a ups operation in the other room. I dial in to each account with its own dial up area (ex. if i have a NY account, i dial to NY) i place a card in front of the machine to let me know which account i'm working on, so on and so forth.

What should I do as far as converting this operation to high speed? or any suggestions??

I don't post hardly at all but I do love this forum. Thanks for all the help. And yes maybe i went a little overboard on this thing but hey...might as well try to go big at something eh?
QUESTION.....How do u dial into NY??? You have a dialer from NY or you have an aol dialup account registered to NY?
Old 10-05-2008

Longevity: 91%

Some Internet Service Providers (like AOL) have nationwide and/or worldwide dial-up numbers. When doing something like the OP mentioned, you'll want to make sure you have an adequate long distance plan.
Old 10-06-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Setup a high speed connection and simply reset the ip address before switching it over to another PC. It could be a pain but it's easier then dial up.

Lol, or just use one PC with user accounts and reset the high speed connection between your ebay accounts.

I think you went a little overboard with your setup but whatever works for you.

What I like is you're playing it safe.
Old 10-11-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Sounds like you have a great setup. My question is with all these computers and office space costs I would like to know what is your monthly expense and what is your monthly profit? If you are making alot more then you are spending I can see that what your doing is worth it but if not maybe not so worth it
Old 09-05-2009

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown_user View Post

I got the same setup but in a little different way. Instead of 10 computers using dial up we have several computers with extreme wifi in neighborhoods of friends and family that pull from the local high speed connections. The devices are not cheap but the internet is free and you can get a ton of unsecured lines if placed in the right area. Then we print labels from one location. If your in the middle of nowhere this would not be a good setup.

What is really sick is when we use our imac's in house and we pull those high speed ip addresses remotely we then re-broadcast the signal from the mac to other pc's at our main location....and we can switch ip high speed addresses quickly and each pc at our location can use the imacs as a wireless router and use the same ip address the imac is broadcasting.

We got sick of ebay and paypal screwing with us and we were not even selling illegal crap or vero items it was the competitors who will report and report and keep on reporting you if you look like you have some type of supply chain that affects their business....its no longer fun anymore....it pays the bills.
Old 09-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

NB: OP is from October 2008.