eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   2 accounts same PC (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/4411-2-accounts-same-pc.html)

noely2008 05-03-2008 05:44 AM

2 accounts same PC

Hi all - firstly thanks to the guide on setting up a new account after suspension. Have only closed 12 sales on new account but looks like is heading in the right way !

What I now want to do is set-up an additional ebay account - again following the guide and using another sperate credit card and different e-mail address etc as I did last time.

What I would like to know is -

If i unfortunately get one account suspended again will it automatically know about my other account somehow and suspend that one as well ? I will obviously reset my IP before I set up my new account so will be different IP. I am just paranoid that somehow it records the IP adress everytime you log onto either account and may link the 2 accounts up somewhere along the line ?

I am only selling around 4 items at any one time (different items) to start with. Some of these I believe are VERO also.

Would appreciate your comments

Many thanks

jscan 05-04-2008 06:38 AM

How about you take a look at this forum in depth, you will find all the necessary information on this forum as these things have been addressed before, goodluck :)

twdell 05-04-2008 08:38 AM

don't forget to install ccleaner on your pc. run it every time between accounts.

ivegotinfo 05-04-2008 10:06 AM

jscan no offense, i havent been here in a while so havent seen many of your posts, but every one of your posts that i did see just tells people to go look at the forum.......... how is that helping..and how does that make this a forum (a forum is for discussion)

noely2008:
you might want to get dialup to access the 2nd account so that both of your accounts never get the same exact ip.
and like twdell said you need to ALWAYS remove cookies before logging into the other account - what helps me is firefox and have it set to automatically clean cookies every time i close it so i never forget.
then just make the account like you did before with totally brand new info.
i currently juggle 4 accounts on 1 computer, so its feasible. and no they wont know the 2 or 3 or 10 accounts are all from 1 computer if you do everything veeeery carefully.

Superpak 05-04-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivegotinfo (Post 39558)
jscan no offense, i havent been here in a while so havent seen many of your posts, but every one of your posts that i did see just tells people to go look at the forum.......... how is that helping..and how does that make this a forum (a forum is for discussion)

I have to agree with you there

GreenBean 05-04-2008 05:12 PM

noely2008, to add to 'info & twdell's suggestions, I would recommend that you have a log
of everything you do. That way you can keep track of all the information. It is so easy to forget info like security questions, passwords etc. Work your ebay account/s in a planned manner...... say you have two accounts, then you must be careful of how you sign in.
NEVER sign in after you have been drinking. LOL. In other words watch what you do.
You could use excel to do this or as was recommended to me 'stickies'.
You might also want to consider getting thiseBay Stealth - Suspended eBay and Paypal Account Guide

Actually it was written by 'info and aspkin. It is like a business plan. when you can, would you like to tell us where you are located? Each country has slightly different info and then any more questions can be answered .
Welcome & good luck

jscan 05-04-2008 08:20 PM

when i first joined, i hadnt also "been here in a while" , but i sat down like many others and read the forum in depth, this forum is the reason why im still on ebay.

it pays to take a look around rather then asking the same question over and over thats already been posted and is sitting there with some great answers.

just takes a little effort :)

aking 08-06-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivegotinfo (Post 39558)

noely2008:
you might want to get dialup to access the 2nd account so that both of your accounts never get the same exact ip.
and like twdell said you need to ALWAYS remove cookies before logging into the other account - what helps me is firefox and have it set to automatically clean cookies every time i close it so i never forget.
then just make the account like you did before with totally brand new info.
i currently juggle 4 accounts on 1 computer, so its feasible. and no they wont know the 2 or 3 or 10 accounts are all from 1 computer if you do everything veeeery carefully.

ok you have 4 accounts, so do you just change your IP address everytime you log into a different account? Wont ebay flag this if you log into an account with a different IP address everytime???

philly387 08-06-2008 02:55 PM

Ebay won't flag it because dial-up users always have a different ip address.

Jack123 09-07-2008 03:35 PM

How about someone who has been suspended, but had a secondary account, with mostly different information, used for buying. Can you use that account (after changing all the info and ip etc.) or the second account will be flagged at ebay, as belonging to account A?

boosters 09-09-2008 06:50 AM

If i chat with ebay assistance with same suspended IP , than it will be risk for me ?

Quasi_Mojo 09-09-2008 03:20 PM

@boosters
Probably.
Why take the risk?

helpme1 10-11-2008 03:25 PM

booster yes it may risk your account so I would not take the chance like Quasi said.

delsdisaster 10-15-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philly387 (Post 54040)
Ebay won't flag it because dial-up users always have a different ip address.

Is this to suggest that there IS someway for ebay to detect if you are dial up or dsl- or rather, that they can't distinguish between the two, and so therefore cannot flag you incase you are infact dial up?

philly387 10-15-2008 09:17 AM

dail up you will more than likely never have the same ip address. So Dial up is the way to go for sure.

lotsof baskets 11-14-2008 10:10 AM

Hi,
I think I know what aking and delsdisaster are asking. When you use dsl, your ip address does not change unless you unplug everything. If you check your ip address, it is obvious that it is dsl, not dial up. Is everyone saying that ebay does not check for that, therefore it does not matter if you re-set your ip everytime if you use dsl. (I realize that it changes all the time with dial up). Thanks.

pinkharo 11-19-2008 05:00 PM

Ebay only cares about difference in ip and the location. As long as it's different and it's with in the region that you are registering in then it should be good, at least for that part. It will just be easier to use dial-up for this purpose since un-plugging dsl may take a long time for the ip to change.

good luck

lotsof baskets 11-20-2008 10:02 AM

Thanks.
Does anyone know if you can run dsl and dialup using the same computor and phone line?

cath 11-20-2008 05:04 PM

Hi, I was reading the thread and I noticed that nobody recommendes using a seperate user account for each e-bay .This will remove the cookie problem but not the ip question.I myself was wondering how to do dial up with a high speed connection.

delsdisaster 11-23-2008 02:42 PM

Yes, I use dial up and broadband simulataneously everyday. The carrier I was using for my dsl was unable to provide me with two accounts for simultaneous use, so I had to get a separate dial up account with another carrier. This is unlimited time for $9.00 a month (AUD) but ofcourse each time you connect costs, so if you want to run multiple accounts this way it soon adds up. If you go this way, don't forget to "disable" your wifi or ethernet connection before dialing up each time. If the line drops out on your dial up, you will be disconnected rather than default to your dsl account midway through a listing or whatever.
I was trying to dial up over voip (not the other way around) to save the on call cost each time, but the codec was not strong enough to support it, but i have read in some forums some people are successful with this. That would be the ultimate.