eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   Chromebook (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/60808-chromebook.html)

danshan 06-06-2013 11:03 AM

Chromebook

About how many accounts, I mean users can I put on a typical chromebook without performance issues?

any help would be greatly appreciated

I was thinking of buying a couple of them and wondered what experience anyone has had with them, I read a couple topics on the forum bu nothing really specific

Thanks

rsot 06-06-2013 12:03 PM

Chromebook has a lot of power ...as a point of reference I am able to have 20+ accounts on an old P4...low ram...but such a good workhorse /pat and hug

djsunny 06-06-2013 01:26 PM

Could you tell me is it possible to have more then 1 account on a same laptop but different windows username? And how about the Internet can I use the same net for all accounts if not can you tell me what other people do in order to check all their accounts?

rsot 06-06-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsunny (Post 455903)
Could you tell me is it possible to have more then 1 account on a same laptop but different windows username? And how about the Internet can I use the same net for all accounts if not can you tell me what other people do in order to check all their accounts?

djsunny your questions are being to show that you NEED the stealth guide. Basic questions - I will give you the answers but...need to have a better graps for future operations.

1. Yes different window user accounts - 1 for each account is important.

2. Never use the same net - I dont know what everybody does (wait for other folx to chime in) but I log into each account separatelet and handle checking...keeps everything separate. Yes takes time but hey, I can deal with it.

unkown5454 06-06-2013 05:01 PM

This convo has gone 3 different directions...

OP says Chromebook, rsot says old Pentium 4, then djsunny says Windows. Lay off the drugs folks.

JamesNorth101 06-06-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsunny (Post 455903)

Need to get and read the stealth guide.

JamesNorth101 06-06-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 455865)
About how many accounts, I mean users can I put on a typical chromebook without performance issues?

any help would be greatly appreciated

I was thinking of buying a couple of them and wondered what experience anyone has had with them, I read a couple topics on the forum bu nothing really specific

Thanks

Should be fine with 10-20 accounts. Only way to really find out is to try it, but the typical CB has a decent bit of hardware so should not struggle with anything less than 20

danshan 06-06-2013 05:12 PM

I was hoping around 50 maybe or?

JamesNorth101 06-06-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 455951)

Give it a go and see what happens. Can always use multiple hard drives which would resolve any issues if you keep each hard drive to say 15 windows accounts. I have done this myself many times in the past.

GreenBean 06-06-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 455951)

Dont forget CHROME itself is buggy.

Do consider using the chromebook for multiple stealth accounts carefully.

In terms of the US dollars you will spend, you could do as well using another OS.

Hopefully the techie experts will give their expertise.

:ranger:

danshan 06-06-2013 06:40 PM

Good idea gb thanks i will find another lap any suggestions would be great

unkown5454 06-06-2013 08:42 PM

Walmart sells laptops for $280 brand new. Thats more than enough to get started especially if all you were considering is a crappy chromebook.

rsot 06-07-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 456004)
Walmart sells laptops for $280 brand new. Thats more than enough to get started especially if all you were considering is a crappy chromebook.

@OP, Also worth noting is that regardless of the ram power, if you log off each user account before logging into the next user account, it will help with speed of your machine.

danshan 06-07-2013 10:05 AM

So say a typical new laptop how many users can I have withoutmajor performance issues? Trying to get a grip on what hardware i will need

galigusso 10-03-2014 12:11 AM

Re: Chromebook

The biggest problems with a Chromebook are printer drivers. If you use some unusual label printer models - this laptop could be useless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 455977)
Dont forget CHROME itself is buggy.

Do consider using the chromebook for multiple stealth accounts carefully.

In terms of the US dollars you will spend, you could do as well using another OS.

Hopefully the techie experts will give their expertise.

:ranger:

galigusso 10-14-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galigusso (Post 594161)
The biggest problems with a Chromebook are printer drivers. If you use some unusual label printer models - this laptop could be useless.

Update #1

Just bought used Cromebook Acer C720 to try for $135.
And what can I say... it's awesome. Boots very fast. Has everything I need to manage all web activity + basic office/productivity.

Label printer work awesome via Google Cloud Print with server on my iMac (pls note that server computer should be always turned on in order to print with google cloud print).

Chromebook may have some problems with printing directly through eBay if use 4x6 labels (the same as mac). If it's letter paper size regular printer - it will work great (save pdf and print).

USB Dongles - probably won't work, but mifi is awesome. Browsing is faster than windows.

No viruses available for ChromeOS yet.

SO EASY & fast to create and manage user accounts on Chromebook.

Tons of free stuff on google appstore, including pre-installed IP Notebook (ip tracker app).

8 hours on battery - charges to 100% in 1.5 hour.

Very lightweight: 2lbs 10oz.

Great investment!

Will update if any problems appear in the future...

pr0wake 10-14-2014 12:58 AM

I'm probably going to pick one of those up too

do you have the 2gb ram model or the 4?

galigusso 10-14-2014 01:45 AM

2gb and its still fast. Probably ssd is the main reason.

unkown5454 10-14-2014 02:55 AM

Surprised. Have seen many complaints on 2GB units.

Must buy $1,300 Pixel.

rsot 10-14-2014 01:47 PM

Nice work galigusso - thanks

aupfen 05-21-2016 06:37 PM

I am late to the party but if I can get a response, I would love that! :)

I think my question is answered above from inference but here I go:

Is there any fear of linkage thru chromebook? so for every user login, it is a gmail account. when i login and logout for each store with its own gmail account login, is there anyway ebay or amazon can link the accounts even when I use VPN? would it be possible for them to track via MAC address, or other hardware addresses that obviously would be shared among the accounts or is that info not revealed? Any worry about flash, cookies, or anything else that would be shared? My gut says no since the chromebook is meant to be a laptop for everyone and all it takes is logging into it to access your "cloud" persay....

I love the idea of cloud computing but its too expensive and chromebook is as close as it comes to cloud computing without the expensive fees, etc.

im also tired of lugging around a couple hundred gigs of VMs via vmware and parallels and would prefer a cloud solution like chromebook :)

Payelectronica 05-23-2016 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galigusso (Post 594161)

I purchased a used Windows 7 laptop on Craigslist for $50 bucks just for stealth accounts. Great deal for me and never had any problems except the battery on laptop did not hold a charge. Purchased replacement battery on the bay with $15 off coupon and it arrived for less than $5 out of my pocket.