eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   Tablet use, Android vs Windows (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/76235-tablet-use-android-vs-windows.html)

nvfh33 08-10-2014 09:39 AM

Tablet use, Android vs Windows

My usual laptop is on the outs and I have been considering replacing the clunker with a more portable tablet.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with using multiple accounts on either an Android OS or Windows OS tablet? I would assume that Windows 8 is basically the same from PC to Tablet and have been leaning that way. However I have a connection and can get a good deal on an Android tablet but am weary of taking the risk.

Thanks in advance for your input and advice.

rsot 08-11-2014 01:05 PM

Re: Tablet use, Android vs Windows

Android seems to have more power and favourable safety profile

aspkin 08-11-2014 04:25 PM

In regards to user accounts on tablets I have not tested this yet but I have heard it's possible. Others with experience with tablet user accounts chime in.

Personally I would not downgrade to a tablet with no backup PC.. but I see that happening more and more today. A desktop to laptop sure.. it's a FULL PC. To downgrade to a limited tablet.. it's not for me just yet.

Dmshark25 08-13-2014 05:33 AM

Tablets are a nice I'll call it tool to have , but to run your accounts only with a tablet I would not do it, they are not that advanced, or rather they are just made to be something different

With stealth you need a PC, or laptop

Now I'll run everything from my iPad Air , but through logmein I'll control my laptop and PC where all my user accounts are on

And it's easy to have spreadsheets like an IPlog or another spreadsheet I'll use they I fill out with all stealth details before making each account

And than I'll have a couple apps open and I'm able to copy from the spreadsheet on my app and easily just paste it to my PC or laptop through logmein

But to run solely from a tablet be that Android or iOS , it's just not built for those purposes.

Now if your running one account you probably can get away with it but if you have many accounts, I would use your tablet in conjunction with your laptop or PC, I find my tablet to be something that connects all my accounts together whether it Amazon or eBay or my own site and makes things a lot easier to manage

Anonymous Merchant 08-15-2014 05:19 PM

I'd recommend getting the Windows tablet since it features a fully functional desktop OS. It would be a lot easier to maintain separate accounts using a VM software such as VirtualBox(which should run ok on a tablet, but you should research this yourself) which allows you to sandbox off your profiles system-wide with a proxy/vpn. Doing this ensures that your profiles never leak & contaminate eachother.