How does Cartmanager work with Buy It Now auctions? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 03-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default How does Cartmanager work with Buy It Now auctions?

Hey guys, I believe I opened this thread earlier in the wrong forum, so I am posting again..sorry about that.
Just starting with Cartmanager, so I looked all over the forums to find an answer to this question but couldn't. I did see some people asked the same before but for some reason this question remained unanswered. Any input greatly appreciated... Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

It should work like usual. I put a cartmanager checkout button in the auction to make checkout easier for the buyer.
Old 03-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks..Do you find it buyers more often click on Cartmanager button than on Ebay BIN button? Would Ebay BIN button take them to your linked to Ebay PayPal acc. or the PP in Cartmanager, which is my old PP? Maybe I'll just have to try and see.............
Old 03-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

People usually like using ebay checkout to pay for items. I think you may want to sign up for a merchant account on ebay or get a pre 2007 account.
Old 03-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

I just make my buyers cancel any non cartmanager payment or I just move on...if they really want it they will use cartmanager. 85% of my buyers comply with this. I make the instructions loud and clear in my auction payment terms before they bid or I will issue strikes.
Old 03-21-2009
Threadstarter  

So, you say you are usin the "Checkout" button? I am not sure which button to use.. I tried the "winning Bidder Button" Cartmanager let's you create in Ebay auction settings, and than I made auction , went in with different account just to see how the button works , and what I am getting is a form that tells something like "write in your Ebay email to see unpaid auctions". I wrote my email in and than it tells me that I have no unpaid auctions? What am I doing wrong?
Should I just use "Checkout" button instead? I am confused...Please help!
Old 03-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Create the checkout button in your cartmanager preferences. I usually jack a paypal payment button from some other site, then upload it to a picture host (in my case auctiva), then use that url when asked for one when creating my own button in cartmanager. I then copy paste the html code cartmanager gives me into my auctions. If you get suspended make use you change the picture url and do this process over for the new account.
Old 03-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks Ebaykilla... but I tried the checkout button also, and than went again to sign into Ebay with different ID to check it out, but when I click on my Checkout button I am getting: "Thank you! Your cart is currently empty"..I think I should be getting some kind of pop up that will ask me to fill in my info for payment. I am really getting frustrated because I don't know why is this happening and don't want to list any more unless I have it figured out...What happens when our buyer click on Checkout button? Do they get the same "your cart is empty" or you get a form to put in cc info to pay for the item?

BTW, LOVE your idea of PP button! How clever!?
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
Create the checkout button in your cartmanager preferences. I usually jack a paypal payment button from some other site, then upload it to a picture host (in my case auctiva), then use that url when asked for one when creating my own button in cartmanager. I then copy paste the html code cartmanager gives me into my auctions. If you get suspended make use you change the picture url and do this process over for the new account.
Thats a very good idea.
Old 03-22-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Thanks Ebaykilla... but I tried the checkout button also, and than went again to sign into Ebay with different ID to check it out, but when I click on my Checkout button I am getting: "Thank you! Your cart is currently empty"..I think I should be getting some kind of pop up that will ask me to fill in my info for payment. I am really getting frustrated because I don't know why is this happening and don't want to list any more unless I have it figured out...What happens when our buyer click on Checkout button? Do they get the same "your cart is empty" or you get a form to put in cc info to pay for the item?

Try the add to cart code, it gives the user an option of checkout as well.
Old 03-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Yes, add to cart code solved my problem. The only thing I don't like is the "primary form" buyer gets after clicking on "checkout Now" button. I set it up to accept PayPal (with my first, original PP API) and Google Checkout. What happens is that in summary people get 3 Checkout options one above the other: first there is my Checkout button, right below that Google checkout button and below that PayPal checkout button. It appears a little crowded, but they all work just fine... So, when they chose the method they want to make payment, it takes them to nice form where they fill in the details and submit....Love it!
Old 03-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post

If you link cartmanager and your eGay ID the buyer should be able to checkout for every item they purchase from you. Cartmanager links them up via their registered eGay email account which is stored on cartmanager whenever you link the two of them up for checkout.
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

I understand, but this appears to be true when you are dealing with auction style formats. I listed something with BIN for 30 days...so buyer has to have the way to checkout immediately with BIN. I have this buttons pasted on few places throughout my auction, so I would hope they chose this one, not the Ebay's one next to my BIN price.
I just wonder what will happen if they do it anyway, since I checked I accept credit cards only in my auction settings. Hower, in item description I do say I accept PayPal and Credit Cards. Wonder where will Ebay take them if they indeed click on Ebay's button..... Still something I need to look into... I tried to check earlier, but it gives me pop up to sign into Ebay and was on wrong IP, so I didn't, couldn't do it....I will try to be a "buyer" from correct IP later on and see what happens. Will keep you all posted....
Old 03-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Get approved for a merchant account and disable the paypal option..That way your button is the ONLY way they could pay.
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Well, this account was opened first week in November of 2007..I hope they wont ask to fax in doc, cause I am using Google Checkout with Cartmanager. I have another Merchant Acc. opened thoug..if they ask. But, I hope I am in ..We'll see.