eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Your experiences with Stripe (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/115850-your-experiences-stripe.html)

paulburrows15 03-08-2018 05:34 PM

Your experiences with Stripe

I'm planning on creating an ecommerce website, possible using bigcommerce or maybe wordpress + woocommerce.

I've been spending some time looking for a payment gateway/merchant account.

Stripe seems to be the mainstream provider with very easy setup and low fees however I'm reading a lot of negative stuff regarding closed accounts, no help with chargebacks etc. which is beginning to sound a lot like Paypal.

What are your experiences with Stripe?

Who are you currently using as your payment gateway/merchant account on an ecommerce site?

rsot 03-08-2018 07:28 PM

Re: Your experiences with Stripe

I haven't used Stripe since 2013 - was good for awhile but became problematic with too much verification needed after some time and hold on payments

GreenBean 03-10-2018 08:29 AM

OP

We dropped Stripe in mid 2013 too.

Have you looked at any of your own UK based payment processors?

:juggle:

aspkin 03-10-2018 06:08 PM

I love stripe. However as with all other payment processors if you have too many chargebacks or issues you will get your account shut down. And taking credit cards is high risk. You have to have systems in place to differentiate between fraud and good payments. So as long as you do your homework you shouldn't have any issues give it a try.

natghei 05-02-2018 12:59 PM

Hello, i had stripe and it was giving me a issue. I could not set a proper account. They closed my accounts due to high risk and refunded all my sales.

rsot 05-07-2018 08:45 PM

pothos 05-24-2018 12:35 PM

Hello everyone.
Do not use Stripe.
Our customer opened a chargeback dispute last year.
After contacting our customer, our customer was willing to withdraw the chargeback case so we don't get penalty from Stripe. The customer did call the credit card bank to close the dispute and we submitted the communication to Stripe and we waited. After 3 month, Stripe provided a update saying " Your evidence was weak so we didn't submit your evidence to the card issuing bank". Therefore we lost the case. The payment was taken from our account and the penalty. We weren't happy because Stripe didn't submit the evidence but we were too busy to argue.

Now this customer contacted us again and said she didn't receive her refund since last year. She provided rebill evidence showing that she didn't receive her refund and she withdrawn the case.

Stripe took our money in Nov 2017 and charged us penalty and DID NOT issue the refund. We are facing a very mad customer who said who will report us a BBB and yelp. We contact support@stripe.come more than 10 times since the morning and provided rebill evidence and didn't receive a reply.

This is a terrible service who took seller's money and do not refund to your buyer and lie to the seller.

They removed the live chat this month and do not reply you when you find out their mistake. Very angry right now.

Please tell me what other company to use to take the credit card payment online.
I am so sick.

aspkin 05-24-2018 12:46 PM

Emm, braintree is supposed to be good (owned by PayPal).

Authorize.net is worse than Stripe so I would not recommend them. Reason i say they're worse is due to their old dinosaur system, especially when it comes to handling disputes. At least Stripe makes it easy to fight if you give them enough information.

Other than that you don't have a lot of merchant account options.

pothos 05-24-2018 12:59 PM

Looks like Stripe is getting worse.
It should be a easy case as the buyer did call the bank to withdraw the dispute chargeback. The seller should win the case and issue a refund normally.
However, Stripe did not forward the evidence to the bank and it showed the case was lost. If the case was lost, the refund should be send back to the buyer automatically but Stripe is holding this fund not telling anyone.

Seller doesn't have payment.
Buyer doesn't have refund.
Stripe has the money that doesn't belong to them for 7 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 921857)
Emm, braintree is supposed to be good (owned by PayPal).

Authorize.net is worse than Stripe so I would not recommend them. Reason i say they're worse is due to their old dinosaur system, especially when it comes to handling disputes. At least Stripe makes it easy to fight if you give them enough information.

Other than that you don't have a lot of merchant account options.

aspkin 05-24-2018 01:01 PM

Same thing happens with Authorize.Net.. but at a much larger scale.

Sripe isn't doing it on purpose; nor is Authorize.Net; it's just the complicity of credit card payment processing. It's not always done correctly and someone is holding the bag at the end when that happens (sometimes it's you, sometimes the merchant account)

pothos 05-24-2018 02:15 PM

I am reading all the terrible reviews about Stripe at the following page.
Avoid them!
https://www.merchantmaverick.com/reviews/stripe-review/

Sunspot144 05-24-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pothos (Post 921881)
I am reading all the terrible reviews about Stripe at the following page.
Avoid them!
https://www.merchantmaverick.com/reviews/stripe-review/

Problem with reviews is that people are a lot more inclined to complain than to compliment. I get tons more complaint messages than thank you messages.

pothos 05-24-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunspot144 (Post 921922)
Problem with reviews is that people are a lot more inclined to complain than to compliment. I get tons more complaint messages than thank you messages.

Stripe took the money from us and told us the customer should receive the refund last year.
However, Stripe was holding the customer's money and didn't refund the customer for more than half year. We are facing a very angry customer. We sent more than 10 emails to Stripe and they have been ignoring our emails. No support phone number and when you have a big issue, they don't reply.

dachilla 05-25-2018 12:44 AM

Try to use Skrill merchant account instead. Pretty easy to setup.

Softwarewise I'd go with woocommerce or magento.

GL

WilliamPr 10-28-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunspot144 (Post 921922)

Those thank you messages you need to incite, ask them to give you a positive review, I would only do that if I'm pretty certain that they are positive.

ebaystealth1974 10-28-2018 10:42 AM

Paypal is always good about chargebacks as long as you shiiped to address on file. Stripe and others don't give a ****. "Cost of doing business" they say...

Play 10-28-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamPr (Post 953212)
Those thank you messages you need to incite, ask them to give you a positive review, I would only do that if I'm pretty certain that they are positive.

That's the point he was making though.

You need to incite a positive remark, but don't need to incite a negative remark. So people will be inclined to make a negative remark as soon as there's an issue.