USING CCNOW-- as ALternate Merch Acct - Page 9 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 08-16-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

If you use ccnow as payment are you still restricted to listing a small amount of items with a new ebay account. For instance with a new ebay account you sell maybe 10 VERo items within a week and then your account gets suspended by ebay stating there were problems with your paypal account. Then you go to paypal and they ask you to verify information. If you sell the same 10 Vero items with a merchant account will your account still be suspended?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2008
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

HI: If its an out of the Country order, they take longer to approve--was this your question??
Also- if the customers credit card info is not an exact match-it takes longer..
Old 09-06-2008

Longevity: 99%

Anyone having lots of problems ESPECIALLY with BIN items, where ppl ignore the CCNOW request and pay w/ PP? Even after I send a CCNOW invoice, and insert the link into the invoice, I'm still getting the vast majority of ppl paying with PP. THEN i have to send them an email, refund the payment...pain in the. Anyway to auto invoice and stop ebay/PP invoices?

Last edited by Modee; 09-06-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-20-2008

Longevity: 90%

Well, I had planned on signing up with CCNOW and getting rid of PP, but now after finding out you have to wait 45 days to get your money and then only get paid 2x a month...I think I might have changed my mind. I am really bummed now. :( I had used bidpay back when I had my last pp problem and they worked fine, but I missed the benefits of having the debit card and instant access.

I am a small time seller (I use to do 1,000-5,000 per month) up until about a year ago-due to pregnancy and some of my suppliers going out of business or upping their prices that it's not worth it to buy from them now. Now, I'm just trying to get back into selling with not a lot to sell right at the moment until I find that little click that works for me again. I definitely don't want to have to wait for my money that long. When they came up with PP, they made it gold for everyone with the ease of use, the debit cc for instant access. It has been a dream come true to use...until something goes wrong of course and your funds are tied up forever (which has only happened once to me).

There has got to be S O M E O N E out there that works the same way as them...that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg to use.
Old 09-20-2008

Longevity: 92%

When I first started selling on Ebay in Jan 98 I signed up for a merchant account. All they asked for was my website which I faxed a hardcopy of my daily ebay sales for the previous 2 weeks. I was setup in a couple days and every night when I batched out I would have the funds in my bank account within 2 days. With that cashflow I used my bank debit card anywhere in the world to access funds. PP will slam your account if you try to buy a $5 big mac lunch in Bangkok with your USA based debit card.

All my customers started raising bloody hell to accept PP later when they came out. Remember when PP would give you $10 when someone signed up under you? Remember their motto? "Free Now, Free Forever!"

That said, I relented my merchant account to do all sales via PP.

Try looking around for a reliable merchant account that will do the transfer in a couple days. That way you are not loaning out money for free.

~HOE
Old 09-20-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyOldEbayer View Post
They took everything they could take except your life. It was when they threatened to kill you unless you gave them what they wanted... you told them you'd rather die. You faced your death, Evey. You were calm. You were still.
That quote has been bugging me, so I finally found out what movie it was from.
I'm going to have to watch that, again. Soon.
Perhaps on the fifth of November.
Old 09-29-2008

hi iam an rish ebayer using paypal. have been suspended from ebay a few times back online now. anyway i am wondering whats the benefit of not using paypal with ebay is it just so you dont get have the hastle of paypal disputes etc..?
Old 09-29-2008

irish sorry!
Old 06-04-2009

Longevity: 86%

HI I have a CCnow question I have read in these postings you can change the business name on the ccnow account but have been trying to find out where to do that, I did a test payment and see my business name is the same as a suspended user id. I ready you can change the business name as much as you like but have had no luck. Thank you for any help.
Old 06-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

edit the Credit Card Statement Descriptor on your account home page under Account Summary when you first log in.
Old 06-05-2009

Longevity: 86%
Default CCNOW company name change

HI thanks so much for the information I think I figured it out, after I changed it I got a message saying it would have to be approved by them. Thanks again
Old 09-03-2009

Longevity: 84%
Default CC Now / Ebay / Paypal

So let me see if I have this right. I have pored over many of the threads here and I think I have the right idea. Just getting a little nervous
changed IP address
1) Created new PP acct with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address. Verified it with Simon Gift account cc # in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and lifting limit with never used bank account in real name ( since I understand PP doesnt check the name, only account and routing #'s)

2) Opened new Ebay account in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address and linked PP account. Is only Buying account now, will soon change to seller account
3) have call forwarding service with new number
4) waiting for small deposits in checking acct to verify PP
5) opened CCnow "merchant account" to process Paypal pymts
6) opened auctiva account and generated token for ebay
7) made listings (about 5) but didnt post to Ebay yet. Put in checkout information that payment instruction will be sent out after auction close, wherein I will send them the link to pay by CCnow. Will put "please do not remit payment for item until payment instructions received in separate email , or shipment may be delayed"
8) in Process of opening up MerchantPlus merchant account to satisfy Ebay requirements for docs, or do I need to if customer pays via Paypal to CCNow?

any advice on if I did anything wrong or missed anything?
Old 05-24-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default using cc now with ebay

so does ebay have to approve using cc now ? do they even know? also
I read ebay steal EXCELLENT, AWESOME, THANKS, everyone should buy it. best money spent ever. Now with auctiva do you have to set up a new account for every ebay acct?
Old 07-21-2011

Longevity: 77%

ebay doesn't work with ccnow, as it's payment processor not a real merchant account, you can use ccnow with ebay in stealth mode, upon auction end just email an invoice to buyer, though lots of buyer tend to pay by paypal, to prevent this i do the following, list an item with "Buy It Now or Best Offer" make a price a bit higher, and just wait for offers, after you receive a suitable offer, either reject it or make a counteroffer , do not accept it as buyer ll definitely pay with pp, in the note just explain that you d send an invoice and buyer d be able to pay either by credit/debit card or paypal.