Refunds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 06-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Refunds

Any GCO users know how GCO refunds work? I've been getting a decent number of sales through GCO lately and I've got my first customer that wants a refund.

I initiated the refund on the orders page and when I click on the order it reads,

"You applied a refund of $1080.00 to this order."

But it's been nearly a week and the money has not been debited from my checking account! How long does it take? I really don't want to the customer to get upset because GCO is taking so long to process the refund. I hear GCO cancels accounts pretty mercilessly.
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

ooooooohhhhhh that is 1 big refund maybe it has raised a flag somewhere along the line?

Shoot them an email asking maybe?
The Following User Says Thank You to itsme For This Useful Post:
inverser (06-30-2010)
Old 06-30-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme View Post
ooooooohhhhhh that is 1 big refund maybe it has raised a flag somewhere along the line?

Shoot them an email asking maybe?
Thanks for replying! Most of my orders are over $1000 USD so I don't think that's a problem in my case.

Anyway, in case anyone else is curious about the GCO refund process... I got an email from GCO support and they said that they had already refunded the customer even though no money was debited from my account. And they said that if my balance becomes negative due to the refund, Google will initiate a debit from my bank account unless I process enough orders to offset the negative balance.

-HWL
Old 06-30-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Hey stranger long time no hear or see? You must of got past your PayPal problems and moved onto GCO? Either way nice to see you pop back up!
Old 07-01-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
Hey stranger long time no hear or see? You must of got past your PayPal problems and moved onto GCO? Either way nice to see you pop back up!
Hey there! Thanks. Good to be back. I've been super busy the past few months and traveling a bit as well.

Yeah, unfortunately I wasn't able to resurrect that one PayPal account. They ended up saying that I was too high risk after everything I went through! I get it, considering how much money went through the account. But still! I had all my t's crossed and i's dotted since everything about my business is legit, from the suppliers to having EIN, statements in the business name, utilities in business name, et al.

Interestingly, several former customers emailed to tell me that PayPal had called them asking if they were happy with their purchase. I don't know if that had anything to do with it but I've decided to forget about it and move on.

It's a lot more work but I've surrendered to the fact that I have to use multiple eBay accounts and multiple PayPal accounts to spread my sales out as thin as possible. It's such a PITA trying to stay under the radar but what othre choice do I have?

I've been able to persuade a decent number of people to pay with GCO but PayPal still gets more business. Oh well.

-HWL