My First MONEYBOOKERS sales - I will keep everybody updated! - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 04-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
Moneybookers isn't a stealth account. So everything is verified. I have enough feedback that they pay me 90% of what's owed me in 2 days after the cc is charged.

Here's the chart on the payout speed....

moneybookers.com

I don't take PP and most buyers don't have a problem with that.If you give good customer service and have a competitive price, they will buy without PP.You need a decent price and a decent FB record to get the best placement in the listings. So I make sure I build up FB. I don't have a bunch of micro accounts.
I checked the payout speed in MoneyBookers and i find that whatever feedback on ebay you have, you will still have to wait for a long time to get your payment in your MB account.
I see that the Ebay Bronze Account >150 Feedback will have to wait for 20 days in order to get paid.

What do they refer by "Default settlement period" and "Rolling reserve" ?

Do you have to upgrade your MB account to be a merchant or you can use a personal MB account for ebay sales?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2011

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moustafa View Post
I checked the payout speed in MoneyBookers and i find that whatever feedback on ebay you have, you will still have to wait for a long time to get your payment in your MB account.
I see that the Ebay Bronze Account >150 Feedback will have to wait for 20 days in order to get paid.

What do they refer by "Default settlement period" and "Rolling reserve" ?

Do you have to upgrade your MB account to be a merchant or you can use a personal MB account for ebay sales?
The "Default settlement period" is the time they wait to pay you. If you have less than 50 FB they do hold the funds for 40 days. If you get you FB above 150 like I did, they pay you from 50-95% in 2 days.

So maybe the best advise would be to use PP to get you FB up and then switch to Moneybookers. Or just build up the account selling low dollar items until you get enough FB for bigger ticket items.

I can't seem to cut and paste the chart due to the page width here, but here are examples of the payout for different FB. Just go to the link for the full chart.

If you have less that 50 FB they hold 100% for 40 days.

If you have 101-150 FB they hold 75% for 40 days and pay you the other 25% within 3 days.

If you have 150+ FB and are a Silver PS, they hold 10% for 10 days and pay you 90% within 2 days.

If you have 150+ FB and are a Gold PS, they hold 5% for 10 days and pay you 95% within 2 days.

I prefer selling accounts that last long term, so I don't mess with the micro accounts. Moneybooker's isn't a short term solution.

The big difference is Moneybooker's is based in the UK and has different regulations they adhere to than PP does, so it not very likely they will lock you account. They are stricter with buyers sending payments and sometimes the buyers have to call to straighten things out before the payment is approved.

So the rolling reserve really isn't a issue. After you wait for your first rolling reserve payout, they keep on sending daily payouts from your reserve after that.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 04-28-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2011

Quote:
The "Default settlement period" is the time they wait to pay you. If you have less than 50 FB they do hold the funds for 40 days. If you get you FB above 150 like I did, they pay you from 50-95% in 2 days.

So maybe the best advise would be to use PP to get you FB up and then switch to Moneybookers. Or just build up the account selling low dollar items until you get enough FB for bigger ticket items.

I can't seem to cut and paste the chart due to the page width here, but here are examples of the payout for different FB. Just go to the link for the full chart.

If you have less that 50 FB they hold 100% for 40 days.

If you have 101-150 FB they hold 75% for days and pay you the other 25% within 3 days.

If you have 150+ FB and are a Silver PS, they hold 10% for 10 days and pay you 90% within 2 days.

If you have 150+ FB and are a Gold PS, they hold 5% for 10 days and pay you 95% within 2 days.

I prefer selling accounts that last long term, so I don't mess with the micro accounts. Moneybooker's isn't a short term solution.
I have more than 150 FB already.
I found in the chart that for my case, the settlement period is 3 days with 25% rolling reserve and the period is 20 days!
I don't find in the chart any type of seller that will get paid after 2 days only!
shortest period is 10 days.
I am like you feeling that selling with MB is great for the long term although there are two bad problems.

1- you had to wait for 20 days in order to get your funds
2- you will be targetting only 10% of ebay buyers because more than 90% of the buyers are only using paypal to pay for their purchased items.

Do you have a solution for those 2 problems?
Old 04-28-2011

Quote:
I have more than 150 FB already.
I found in the chart that for my case, the settlement period is 3 days with 25% rolling reserve and the period is 20 days!
I don't find in the chart any type of seller that will get paid after 2 days only!
shortest period is 10 days.
I am like you feeling that selling with MB is great for the long term although there are two bad problems.

1- you had to wait for 20 days in order to get your funds
2- you will be targetting only 10% of ebay buyers because more than 90% of the buyers are only using paypal to pay for their purchased items.

Do you have a solution for those 2 problems?

The rolling reserve is the % they hold for 20 days. The other 75% they pay you in 3 days.

The 90% prefer PP is E-Bay propaganda, which is a quote from their website

Moneybooker's accepts Visa and MC, which is all the protection a legit buyer needs. Buyers also have E-Bay buyer protection and can leave FB and can check you FB too .For the buyers that think they need more protection than that, good riddance to them and PP.
Old 04-29-2011

Quote:
The rolling reserve is the % they hold for 20 days. The other 75% they pay you in 3 days.

The 90% prefer PP is E-Bay propaganda, which is a quote from their website

Moneybooker's accepts Visa and MC, which is all the protection a legit buyer needs. Buyers also have E-Bay buyer protection and can leave FB and can check you FB too .For the buyers that think they need more protection than that, good riddance to them and PP.
yes, so now your corrected it to be 20 days not 2 days!

I know that MB provides alot of safety for buyers and sellers.

but using it will make you target only 10% of ebayers because most of ebayers use paypal not MB!
and there is no chance that they join MB to pay you!
Do you find any solution for that?
Old 04-29-2011

Quote:
yes, so now your corrected it to be 20 days not 2 days!

I know that MB provides alot of safety for buyers and sellers.

but using it will make you target only 10% of ebayers because most of ebayers use paypal not MB!
and there is no chance that they join MB to pay you!
Do you find any solution for that?
The settlement period is when they pay you the majority of money if you have 150+ feedback, they do that in 2-3 days. I get 90% of money in 2 days.

Buyer don't need a MB account to pay you, all they need is a e-bay account. It's just a credit/ debit card processor which uses the secure network on e-bay for the info.
Old 04-29-2011

Quote:
The settlement period is when they pay you the majority of money if you have 150+ feedback, they do that in 2-3 days. I get 90% of money in 2 days.

Buyer don't need a MB account to pay you, all they need is a e-bay account. It's just a credit/ debit card processor which uses the secure network on e-bay for the info.
Most of the Buyers on Ebay pay using their Paypal Balance which is not possible to be be transferred to your MB account!
Old 04-29-2011

Quote:
Most of the Buyers on Ebay pay using their Paypal Balance which is not possible to be be transferred to your MB account!
Anyone that leaves a balance in a PP account for more than one day is real clueless.

I do what I can not to deal with clueless and paranoid customers, that always seem to be able to figure out some conspiracy theory that they are the victim of, the minute anything goes wrong.

Not taking PP saves me from having to deal with a lot of BS.
Old 04-29-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple on Head View Post
Hmmmmm ............ me with the daft questions again.

Scenario - I open a CCNow a/c and link it to my website. I open a Stealth ebay seller and paypal account, unverified of course apart from the VCC in order to sell. The money that I make selling on ebay is then used to buy something from my website - the money leaves the paypal a/c and goes to CCNow and I withdraw after 40 days or so - do I have this correct? If so, WOW, problem solved!
You are thinking along the same lines as me. The problem I am seeing is CC Nows fee structure but once you get your head round this concept you need never worry about bank accounts and cards to draw down again (Until they find a way to block you) - Wow!! .
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Apple on Head (05-04-2011)
Old 04-29-2011

Quote:
Anyone that leaves a balance in a PP account for more than one day is real clueless.

I do what I can not to deal with clueless and paranoid customers, that always seem to be able to figure out some conspiracy theory that they are the victim of, the minute anything goes wrong.

Not taking PP saves me from having to deal with a lot of BS.
Why do you think so?
Alot of people need to have a good balance in PP in order to pay for products they buy instantly, pay for services/ fees ..etc
its not logic to keep adding funds from a bank account in order to send small frequent payments!
Old 04-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Why do you think so?
Alot of people need to have a good balance in PP in order to pay for products they buy instantly, pay for services/ fees ..etc
its not logic to keep adding funds from a bank account in order to send small frequent payments!

Because PP will lock that money up for 6 months so fast it will make your head spin.

So yes it is logical to use instant transfers to pay for products and services.
Old 04-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgroup View Post
Because PP will lock that money up for 6 months so fast it will make your head spin.

So yes it is logical to use instant transfers to pay for products and services.
What is the source of that info?
PP doesn't lock your balance even if you leave it there for a year!
Old 05-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Paypal limits accounts all the time.

The source of the info is users here that have had their monies held.
Old 05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Paypal limits accounts all the time.

The source of the info is users here that have had their monies held.
I know alot of people who are using paypal since 2000 and before for their ebay sales and they never had a single problem.
Old 05-01-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
I know alot of people who are using paypal since 2000 and before for their ebay sales and they never had a single problem.
I notice that eBay and PayPal are less strict on really old accounts, I know a guy with a 1997 account who deals with $5k+ orders all the time and has not been limited.

But then again, there's no telling when PayPal may limit him. PayPal is like a bipolar person, one second they are okay with you, the other second they limit you.

One small slip up that you may not notice may cause PayPal to freeze a lot of your money, that is why it is safe to transfer PayPal money to your bank account, even though when you do that really often in large amounts PayPal doesn't like it.
Old 05-01-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

I heard eBay doesn't go easy on older accounts anymore, but I have a few 2003 accounts that I've never sold on, I may give it a try just to see if it'll work without being limited.......... one day.

I say use MoneyBookers & Paymate for now, you'll last longer.
Old 05-01-2011

Cool

Quote:
Why do you think so?

You ask what my sources are for this info, just like GreenBean said they are my own experiences, and what I read about them is the same story over and over.

Most of the complaints are from sellers, the reviews on the BBB site don't leave much to the imagination.....

Reviews for PayPal, Inc. - Payroll Service - San Jose, CA

Last edited by Road-Kill; 05-01-2011 at 06:41 PM.