eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Ongoing efforts to get good credit card processor: more suggestions please (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/65509-ongoing-efforts-get-good-credit-card-processor-more-suggestions-please.html)

minns 10-02-2013 04:13 PM

Ongoing efforts to get good credit card processor: more suggestions please

I have a self-published book that I am planning to sell from my own web site. I need a good option for processing payments when people buy a copy of my book.

Pay-Pal is not even an option in my opinion, and I'm looking for other options.

Can anyone here offer me some reliable, user-friendly suggestions? I'll welcome any leads.

rsot 10-03-2013 01:18 PM

re: Ongoing efforts to get good credit card processor: more suggestions please

/collective breath - CCNow works well for taking cc payments and pp payments - their cut is 5% (example of one processor).

Also - if you have a registered business - you can speak to your bank(s) and see what they have for your website in terms of support - % cut is less but you will have more bank fees

minns 10-03-2013 05:51 PM

I know there are options out there with lower fees, but I'm just not finding them.

aspkin 10-03-2013 07:16 PM

Ah eBook? Maybe Clickbank.

Why is PayPal not an option?

jeffweico 10-03-2013 07:43 PM

You might try contacting Charge.com - they have been a good processor for me. They may not work for you, but I have found (by referring others) if they cannot help you, they can refer you to another processor that can help you.

The cheapest processors out there are probably PayPal and Amazon Payments, at least in terms of not having monthly fees and still having reasonable rates.

Many processors have decent rates, but charge monthly fees, so if there are no sales, you will be losing money.

GreenBean 10-04-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minns (Post 491472)
I know there are options out there with lower fees, but I'm just not finding them.

Google wallet might be OK.

:mod:

rsot 10-04-2013 01:10 PM

Amazon Payments could be explored too but...we all know about Amazon's roughness on these forums - just putting it out there

minns 10-04-2013 04:38 PM

I agree about amazon. I would not trust them.

minns 10-05-2013 10:35 AM

Any other ideas? The services I found all had so much negative feedback that I'd be worried about using them.

GreenBean 10-05-2013 10:44 AM

That is a risk of ecommerce.

Did you look into jeffweico's advice.

This is a processor within your field.

What are YOU leaning towards yourself?

minns 10-05-2013 02:34 PM

Charge.com had more fees than I expected (enough that I could take loses for the first few months at least). They had no other companies to recommend for me either.

I have no leads and nothing that i am leaning towards. The companies I thought would be good all have major complaints against them and sound like a really bad risk.

I'm officially back to square one.

minns 10-10-2013 05:11 PM

Most of the services I have found not only had monthly fees of at least $50 per month, but they also had pages of negative feedback from people who didn't get their money from these vendors or had their accounts suspended in much the same way that amazon has suspended so many people in this forum. I was hoping to find a reliable, user-friendly option similar in fee structure to Pay-Pal, and so far I haven't had the best luck.

minns 11-21-2013 11:26 PM

Try, Try Again

I am once again looking for options. I have one item (a book) to sell, and I need to have a reliable page on my site where people can enter their credit card information. I was really happy with Selz.com, but they are having so many problems with site errors that I don't think I can stay with them. Pay Pal is unreliable and many people don't want to buy through them.

I already looked at the bigger ecommerce sites and they wanted too much in fees (monthly fees plus $2 or more per transaction). I've lost weeks just trying to find a viable options and I don't feel like I'm any closer. A few people recommended Volusion, but they're getting hugely bad revues.

I will welcome any ideas. This has become seriously frustrating.

PainlessProcess 11-21-2013 11:33 PM

If the book you are selling is an actual product that is delivered to a physical address, then you can probably use PayPal and that may be your best, no-commitment option. If it is an e-book or downloadable, then this will most likely fall into a category of high risk (they usually treat it as downloadable software/content). The problem with this is that you will need a high-risk merchant account, which means you will most likely incur some type of monthly fee - there really isn't much of a way around it... even electronic check will come with a monthly cost.

minns 11-22-2013 08:08 PM

Re: Ongoing efforts to get good credit card processor: more suggestions please

A number of members have expressed frustration with me for posting this again. I DID read the suggestions in the previous thread, and each of those companies have got hugely bad reviews, ripped off fellow authors, or they had fees that were too steep for where I am. This is a big problem and I'm still searching. If you have an idea, or if you know of other online forums that specialize in this, i'll welcome any leads. I'm not two months into my search and I still have no viable options.

minns 11-24-2013 01:41 PM

WePay failed badly as well.

mctrader07 12-23-2013 03:45 PM

I understand that clickbank is very helpful when it comes to e file products.

rsot 12-23-2013 05:26 PM

What about Moneris?