eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Say No to PayPal, Welcome Authorize.net (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/77852-say-no-paypal-welcome-authorize-net.html)

dnsj408 09-27-2014 07:17 PM

Say No to PayPal, Welcome Authorize.net

My question is if I link my authorize.net merchant account with ebay and eliminate PayPal payment, does Authorize.net process payments other than credit cards? Will I still be able to accept payments from people with paypal accounts?

lawe321 10-02-2014 08:09 PM

Re: Say No to PayPal, Welcome Authorize.net

I do not think authorize.net is approved on ebay as an accepted payment method. At least until the divorce between ebay/paypal.

amannamedray 11-21-2014 12:10 AM

You can use a merchant account with eBay. Authorize.net is one of the three approved gateways. So if you have a merchant account and authorize.net gateway attached to it, just put your authorize.net API login and transaction key into eBay. You will need to use a credit card to run a test transaction. A vanilla visa card can be used for that. You will be able to process credit and debit cards only, no PayPal payments.

Keep this in mind, from my experience you will have to call in to get the new merchant account working. Once I add a merchant account, I always have to call in. They don't ask any database questions, nor do they ask for paperwork. They put you on hold, I guess to look at your account, and then they come back and say that your merchant account is set and ready to go. I always have to do this. I'm not sure if that is the standard or if it's just me.

vogeltron 02-20-2015 05:33 PM

I know I am responding a post several months old but has anyone had success with Authorize.net? Just curious because I saw a seller on eBay yesterday without PayPal just using Authorize.net. My guess is that their PayPal had been limited in the past.

stealthninja 02-22-2015 02:50 PM

So you have to get a new Authorize.net FOR each Ebay Account?

You can't just link 1 Authorize.net account to several Ebay Accounts?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amannamedray (Post 610831)
You can use a merchant account with eBay. Authorize.net is one of the three approved gateways. So if you have a merchant account and authorize.net gateway attached to it, just put your authorize.net API login and transaction key into eBay. You will need to use a credit card to run a test transaction. A vanilla visa card can be used for that. You will be able to process credit and debit cards only, no PayPal payments.

Keep this in mind, from my experience you will have to call in to get the new merchant account working. Once I add a merchant account, I always have to call in. They don't ask any database questions, nor do they ask for paperwork. They put you on hold, I guess to look at your account, and then they come back and say that your merchant account is set and ready to go. I always have to do this. I'm not sure if that is the standard or if it's just me.

amannamedray 02-26-2015 12:26 PM

You will have to use a different authorize.net account with each ebay account. Each authorize.net account has a unique api login and key. When you link your authorize.net account to your eBay account you will have to put your api login and key into ebay. Therefore, if you use the same authorize.net account with more than one ebay account, you will have to put the same api login and key into each ebay account. eBay will know that it's the same person and the accounts will be linked. :mad2:

amannamedray 02-26-2015 12:47 PM

vogeltron:

All I use is authorize.net. I walked away from crook-pal over a year ago. I can't speak for others and their experiences, but I've had no problems using authorize.net and no paypal. I just mention right in the beginning of my description that paypal is not accepted. I say that I accept secure payments via credit card and debit card (be sure to use the word "secure"). I still sell and I still get the price I want. Sure, some people are so brainwashed that they won't bid since they can't pay with paypal, but that hasn't caused any drop off in business for me.

Also, you may want to remind your buyers that when they pay with credit or debit card they are still protected by eBay buyer protection, which is pretty much the same thing as paypal's buyer protection. When I do this a lot of the buyers who are skeptical feel much better and they end up bidding.

J dub 1984 02-26-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amannamedray (Post 645754)
vogeltron:

All I use is authorize.net. I walked away from crook-pal over a year ago. I can't speak for others and their experiences, but I've had no problems using authorize.net and no paypal. I just mention right in the beginning of my description that paypal is not accepted. I say that I accept secure payments via credit card and debit card (be sure to use the word "secure"). I still sell and I still get the price I want. Sure, some people are so brainwashed that they won't bid since they can't pay with paypal, but that hasn't caused any drop off in business for me.

Also, you may want to remind your buyers that when they pay with credit or debit card they are still protected by eBay buyer protection, which is pretty much the same thing as paypal's buyer protection. When I do this a lot of the buyers who are skeptical feel much better and they end up bidding.

I saw eBay has two other providers you can choose from now besides paypal but I don't believe this is one of them to you have to embed this one youself. I've heard of them before and see people use them but not recently.

Does the merchant make it clear to the customer that you don't have access to their CC# etc just like Paypal?

digitalluster 03-05-2015 01:12 AM

Authorize.Net is good for sellers. I also use to have them a couple of years ago.

vogeltron 03-06-2015 04:29 AM

Is it stealth friendly at all or is it kinda like a one time deal giving up your tax id? You can PM me if you don't want to share with board. Thanks already for all the information. For US Sellers this is always a big deal in how to approach handling an account.

miketyson 08-27-2015 03:09 PM

I thought authorize.net accepts paypal? Just not on ebay?

ebayseller10 08-29-2015 09:45 PM

What's so good about authorize?

smartporium 12-03-2015 08:52 AM

Thats easy question to answer. With authorize.net you are in charge of you own money...money arrive in you checking account 1-3 days. No bull****ting or limitation of your money, or sudden surprises.. or disputes....basically 1000 times better than paypal.
You can run your business and steady grow fast ,without ever thinking about getting ,.ucked by paypal again. No brainer i would say...

golferman 12-06-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnsj408 (Post 592303)
My question is if I link my authorize.net merchant account with ebay and eliminate PayPal payment, does Authorize.net process payments other than credit cards? Will I still be able to accept payments from people with paypal accounts?

authorize net is the processor, you need a merchant account

But yes authorize .net does accept paypal now. New feature

Need to find a merchant account

jeffweico 12-06-2015 07:24 PM

Under eBay's current policy, you may use ONLY PayPal or a merchant account for payment. They used to allow services like Moneybookers and ProPay, but that vanished a few months ago. eBay's separation agreement with PayPal stipulates that PayPal MUST process a certain percentage of eBay's transactions, or eBay has to pay PayPal the difference.

leemajors 03-03-2016 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amannamedray (Post 645754)
vogeltron:

i have a merchant set up my question is do i just unlink my pp account and then start letting everyone use merchant check out... thx need advce before i remove pp account from ebay.:focus:

newjerseymax 03-03-2016 12:30 AM

Would it not be better to have BOTH? Some people don't like to pay with paypal and some don't like merchant accounts. Would your sales not increase having both as an option?

Can you use authorize net also on your own website in addition to ebay?

IGNAS 03-03-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 751890)
Would it not be better to have BOTH? Some people don't like to pay with paypal and some don't like merchant accounts. Would your sales not increase having both as an option?

Can you use authorize net also on your own website in addition to ebay?

Well, of course. You can use whatever your comfortable with. Who can forbid you anything on your own website? :)

Rufus 03-03-2016 06:38 AM

I would need something like authorize.net on my own website, too. But I noticed that they accept only US merchants. Is there something similar to authorize.net which will accept EU merchcants, too? (PS(most of my customers are in US)

IGNAS 03-03-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 751922)
I would need something like authorize.net on my own website, too. But I noticed that they accept only US merchants. Is there something similar to authorize.net which will accept EU merchcants, too? (PS(most of my customers are in US)

You might want to try:

incniu 03-03-2016 07:12 AM

Monthly fee?

PayPal is cheaper, I bet

rsot 03-03-2016 08:22 AM

CCNow also works but higher fee (5%) than PP last I checked.