Paypal will not let me withdraw money after 180 days - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-27-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Paypal will not let me withdraw money after 180 days

Hi everyone, please help me with this matter.

I opened an account to sell my bags on Ebay before. I'm from non English background and living in Australia. I opened my PayPal account with my English name. I couldn't withdraw the money because my PayPal account is limited due to I couldn't provide them the documents with my English name on it. I sent them the papers with my real name (passport, bank statements, bills...) but they still not accepted.

They told me my account is limited, I have to wait for 180 days to withdraw the money. So I have no choice but waited for 6 months.

Now after 180 days, I still can't withdraw the money. I called them and they tell me I can't provide the document with my English name on it so I can't withdraw the money. So what's the point of telling me waiting for 6 months then just telling me the same thing? Are they gonna keep my money forever??? My PP account is linked with my bank account and it was verified so they should let me get my money back.

I'm so stressful with this matter, I sold all my bags for free? Lost all the money about $2000???

Please help me with this matter.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2016

Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Paypal will not let me withdraw money after 180 days

Hello friend.

As for PayPal customer support:

they adhere to paypal policy, they need Document for confirm the identity, without proof of identity, they don't have the right to give back money from a legal perspective.Paypal has a habit of close accounts without giving a reason, and for no reason also
Many people hate paypal for actions in relation to sellers

sometime ago it was possible to withdraw paypal after 180 days without confirmation of identity, now only after sending documents :(

What is your error?
If your bank linked with PayPal you can withdraw the funds without problems if 180 days passed.

Last edited by N@Kes; 10-28-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank for your reply. I added my bank to the PP account right after opened the account and it's verified.
I told PayPal so I should be able to withdraw my money to my bank account. But they keep saying no. They said I have to give them my ID with my English name which I couldn't 6 months ago and even now and will never can.
They can't keep my money forever. My bank account is verified so I should be able to withdraw my money right?
Old 10-30-2016

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Thank for your reply. I added my bank to the PP account right after opened the account and it's verified.
I told PayPal so I should be able to withdraw my money to my bank account. But they keep saying no. They said I have to give them my ID with my English name which I couldn't 6 months ago and even now and will never can.
They can't keep my money forever. My bank account is verified so I should be able to withdraw my money right?
PayPal has the right to keep your money until you confirm the identity, even if you go to court, you do not win
Not important verified your bank or not
Old 11-19-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@Kes View Post
PayPal has the right to keep your money until you confirm the identity, even if you go to court, you do not win
Not important verified your bank or not
The question I have is what does Paypal do with the money that they hold if they are not going to allow the account holder to withdraw the funds?
Old 11-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles123 View Post
The question I have is what does Paypal do with the money that they hold if they are not going to allow the account holder to withdraw the funds?
They assimilate the funds into their growing fortune.

Old 11-19-2016

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Documents are not needed actually. But you just have to keep on calling paypal support and there are representatives who will help without documents. I know this from my past experience when calling paypal.
Old 11-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@Kes View Post
Hello friend.

What is your error?
If your bank linked with PayPal you can withdraw the funds without problems if 180 days passed.
Could you please start READING posts correctly before sharing info.

The OP has clearly stated there is an issue with names.

Nothing you have said in either post will see his funds being released.

You are giving inaccurate info, Friend.

PayPal fight to the end to hold funds when they have issues of identity.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
bluegrass1 (11-20-2016)
Old 11-20-2016

Wow, I thought pp automatically releases the funds to your bank account after 180 days. What law gives them the right to confiscate funds??
Old 11-20-2016

Exactly, they have no legal power to seize and hold onto the funds. Just because someone refuses to provide ID legally they should not be holding onto the funds after six months. And what do they do with money? Put it in their piggy bank? Lol. PayPal rules, PayPal's law.
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Can we PLEASE stop this childish burbling on what PayPal can do with retained funds.

For ALL of you who signed the T&C when you joined PayPal, you agreed to their conditions.

Sadly, it is implied within those conditions they have the legal rights to do what they want.

They do returns funds but they make that task extremely difficult.

Posting on forums bewailing their wrong doing does nothing for your funds to be released.

PayPal holds the cards ( and the funds).

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (11-20-2016)
Old 11-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Can we PLEASE stop this childish burbling on what PayPal can do with retained funds.

For ALL of you who signed the T&C when you joined PayPal, you agreed to their conditions.

Sadly, it is implied within those conditions they have the legal rights to do what they want.

They do returns funds but they make that task extremely difficult.

Posting on forums bewailing their wrong doing does nothing for your funds to be released.

PayPal holds the cards ( and the funds).

Terms and conditions is what PP want to do with the funds. Doesn't make it right that's why we can complain to their regulators, for UK Financial Conduct Authority. The childish behaviour you implied was simple sarcasm that PP believe they can do anything they want.
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

hard to complain to regulators if the details are stealth...
Old 11-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
hard to complain to regulators if the details are stealth...
I'm not saying it isn't. But then again it is hard for Paypal to legally justify and confiscate money that doesn't belong to them because someone doesn't want to give them ID and as GreenBean has said they make it as hard as they can but you eventually will get the money - and for that that makes it very clear for anyone who has stealth limited accounts with funds in them. Thank you for the clarification GB.

If you check my linked thread I created my family member has his account limited and PP on the phone has told us clearly NO money will be released until the linked account with unresolved issues is sorted which is a load of nonsense. They eventually have to release the money at some point but they don't want you to know that.

This all started when N@kes stated the following on their response:

Quote:
All I am implying is PP set their own internal terms and conditions. Whatever complaint/circumstances you have against PP you can always contact their regulator for an impartial view. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't. Just because they set up their own 'rule book' doesn't mean it is always right, regardless if they set this in their own Terms and Conditions. That's why we have regulators, to make sure what they do is fair and right to a certain degree.

Of course if PP refuse to release the funds after 180 days and countless number of complaints, then the only option I can see for UK account holders is to complain to the FCA or Financial Ombudsman Service. They can decide if what PP does is reasonable or not.

Last edited by bubbles123; 11-20-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-20-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I have never experienced not being able to withdraw funds after a 6 month limitation.. maybe this is country specific?
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I have never experienced not being able to withdraw funds after a 6 month limitation.. maybe this is country specific?
Aye, PayPal UK threw this curved ball at us in October 2014. Their entire game of handling funds held for the infamous 180 days changed.

There were MANY sellers whose accounts were fully operative and verified with ID who were suddenly limited. Their attempts to reverse this limitation failed.
PayPal UK had a field day retaining funds.

Black time for stealth.

Australia is doing this on a very low key. But these are mainly Asian sellers pretending to be Australian & failing to supply info that gets accepted.
Old 11-20-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Time to get cracking with 'creativity' than.
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Time to get cracking with 'creativity' than.
Most started from scratch again & made multiple accounts to show their disdain
of the system.

eBay Stealth was their bible, for sure.

Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Terms and conditions is what PP want to do with the funds. Doesn't make it right that's why we can complain to their regulators, for UK Financial Conduct Authority. The childish behaviour you implied was simple sarcasm that PP believe they can do anything they want.
Then go ahead and complain to them. Who do you think the regulators will side with when you tell them paypal won't release your funds because you won't cooperate with verifying the account holder's identity?
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-20-2016)
Old 11-21-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Then go ahead and complain to them. Who do you think the regulators will side with when you tell them paypal won't release your funds because you won't cooperate with verifying the account holder's identity?
For this case I don't need to. They will release the money anyway so there is no requirement.
Old 11-21-2016

Longevity: 57%

Speaking from experience, I tried lots of things. Aussie Paypal team do not care about your financial situation and it doesn't matter what you do they will not release your funds even after 180 days and you can try being polite or lawyers or begging, it will not help.
Also be aware that even if your already verified, they can request to verify you again as many times as they want and any time can be your last.
It's not worth the risk.
Old 11-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
For this case I don't need to. They will release the money anyway so there is no requirement.
Has your situation changed?