eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Account suspended - couldn't provide proof of postage/invoice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/101326-account-suspended-couldnt-provide-proof-postage-invoice.html)

jonkay 11-23-2016 07:44 AM

Account suspended - couldn't provide proof of postage/invoice

Hi,

First of all sorry for the length of this message!

I don't know if anyone has had the same issue with Paypal.

I recently had a spike in refunds on my ebay account, around 10 in one month.

Paypal limited my account and asked for ID,proof of address, proof of postage (for two recent items)and proof of invoice (for two recent items).

I sent my passport which was fine, a utility bill, and explained that I do not get proof of postage as my items are low value and usually sell for less that £2. I also explained that one of the items was a digital item and therefore was sent by email.

I explained that I did not have an invoice for my items as I buy them from supermarkets where they are reduced, and resell them on eBay. I have recently done this with american candy which had been reduced after the end of halloween.

I got no response in regards to the last to issues, they just stated they needed them as proof.

They also said that my utility bill was out of date, to which I replied that I do not receive paper statements (I get them all online), and could I send a screen shot or a print out of an estatement? This was met with no response.

I guess I was naive to not deal with it very quickly because within one day, they completely banned my account and froze my funds.

I was quite shocked and tried to remedy the matter quickly. I sent them my payslip as proof of address, as I did not see on the original email, that this was a valid form of proof of address.

But again this was to no avail.

I don't have any other accounts linked to me or any other issues from eBay, so I cannot see that what I have done is such a clear breach of their policies.

Surely providing proof of ID and proof of address (i know i did this at a later date), are more important than proof of postage or an invoice?