New account with similar details? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-03-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default New account with similar details?

Hi, newbie here. I tried to post this once but I don't think it worked, so sorry if this is a duplicate. PayPal permanently limited my account because of something I bought. After a few calls and emails I realized it's gone for good, so I came here. I've heard something about "stealth" accounts, but I only use PayPal for buying – not selling – so I was planning to try creating another account with as realistic details as possible, but not so much that it gets linked to my banned account.

There are two ways I can think of to do this. I have a second bank account registered to a different home address, so I was thinking of linking that to the new PayPal account. That way, only my name and date of birth would be the same (which could easily be a coincidence). However, I don't have a photo ID registered to that address, so that could be a problem if they ask to see it. But since it would only be a personal account, is it possible I'd never have to provide photo ID at all?

The other option is to not link a bank account, but to use a credit card instead. The problem with this idea is that all my cards are registered to the same address as my banned account, so it would probably look too suspicious to make a new account with the same name, address, and date of birth. Maybe I could alter the date of birth slightly, but again that would create a problem if they asked for photo ID. I'm assuming the name and address have to be correct so PayPal can confirm them with the credit card company.

Aside from that, are there any other tips that would help to prevent the new account being associated with the old one? I can use a different browser and hide my IP address with a VPN. I'm guessing I should also avoid using eBay with the new account?

Thanks in advance for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!