New paypal account connected to suspended account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-16-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default New paypal account connected to suspended account

Hello,
Recently my PP account with 2000$ was tempararily limited, asking me to provide more info about the stuff i sell on ebay, my docs etc. While investigating, they also connected my relative's suspended account (-900$) with mine. Now they ask me to call PPal to explain the situation and possibly pay this debt. What are the chances of me proving, that it is not my account? If i pay the 900$ to close this issue, woudn't it mean, that it's indeed my account, so the second step would be to suspend my account also?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2017

Longevity: 42%
Default Re: New paypal account connected to suspended account

HAHA
I just went through this last week. I asked for similar advice.
It all depends on what they linked.

They linked my account to an old paypal account Same name but different addresses in different states. I said that was my cousins account and we have the same name. He said oh so youre disputing. YES. So today, I called up, they said appeal denied and they saw a link to same seller habbits, which is bull**** because ALL THE ITEMS are different. The acount was limited due to "linked to the other paypal account which had a balance of 180 dollars) I have a 900 dollar balance in my PP account. I said F$ck it, Ill pay the balance. Limits were lifted today, I withdrew 399 to my bank.

Im not worried about PP so much but Im just worried Ebay will discover the PP link and might link the old ebay account associated with it. I like my 100/5000 Ebay account. Only time will tell

So, short story long: Depends. Guess you gotta weigh the options. Is it worht paying the balance to get your limits lifted?

If you are completely LEGIT that the linked account is your relative, you can SUE them legally and get all your money. Or you can wait them out for 180 days. Im really not sure. Just gave you my very recent experience.
Old 01-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums skif - I would not expect the best from pp because of all this linking...
Old 01-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookprop View Post
HAHA

They linked my account to an old paypal account Same name but different addresses in different states. I said that was my cousins account and we have the same name. He said oh so youre disputing. YES. So today, I called up, they said appeal denied and they saw a link to same seller habbits, which is bull**** because ALL THE ITEMS are different. The acount was limited due to "linked to the other paypal account which had a balance of 180 dollars) I have a 900 dollar balance in my PP account. I said F$ck it, Ill pay the balance. Limits were lifted today, I withdrew 399 to my bank.

Im not worried about PP so much but Im just worried Ebay will discover the PP link and might link the old ebay account associated with it. I like my 100/5000 Ebay account. Only time will tell

So, short story long: Depends. Guess you gotta weigh the options. Is it worht paying the balance to get your limits lifted?

If you are completely LEGIT that the linked account is your relative, you can SUE them legally and get all your money. Or you can wait them out for 180 days. Im really not sure. Just gave you my very recent experience.
Was your cousins account suspended?
Old 01-17-2017
Threadstarter  

If i pay 900$ for other person's account, is there a chance they could lift limitations from my account?
Old 01-17-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by skif1980 View Post
Was your cousins account suspended?

No. Well his ebay account was suspended but the paypal account had the negative balance. It was still in good standing with no limits.

I paid it a couple days ago. Got the limits lifted and withdrew money. I doubt Ill have issues with paypal in the future. Im betting Ebay will catch it eventually. Probably 2 months in my experience they will suspend me for some lame excuse.
Old 01-17-2017

Quote:
If i pay 900$ for other person's account, is there a chance they could lift limitations from my account?

Just say that is your cousins account and ask specifically, "if I pay the 900, that will remove the limits from this account?" If the person says yes, pay the balance and you will have access to the 2000. Im not gonna say 100 percent because I dont know the specifics of your other account. I will say in my case, I wasnt concerned because it happened before and I payed and it worked. So that was 2x. Each case is different.
Old 01-21-2017

Quote:
HAHA

Can i ask how long time since you start business using that PP until time they linked it to old one ? thanks

Last edited by sunny day; 01-21-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Just say that is your cousins account and ask specifically, "if I pay the 900, that will remove the limits from this account?" If the person says yes, pay the balance and you will have access to the 2000. Im not gonna say 100 percent because I dont know the specifics of your other account. I will say in my case, I wasnt concerned because it happened before and I payed and it worked. So that was 2x. Each case is different.
At the least, get that in writing.

Never rely on the spoken word.

Old 01-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
You would need the contract with the party to show what refund you get if they are NOT successful...
Old 01-22-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
At the least, get that in writing.

Never rely on the spoken word.

I didnt have time. My accounts are still going well. I guess Ebay will link it in 2 months from past experiences