eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   PP Limited ... and Restored (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/105650-pp-limited-restored.html)

kkoneo 03-05-2017 11:47 AM

PP Limited ... and Restored

I've had this particular account for about 5 years. It has an LLC EIN attached and the name on account isn't 100% correct. It's 'nearly' my real name and I'd had my real account limited in the past. This account does around mid 5 digits in monthly sales, over $600K yearly.

Some month last year, I had particularly good volume and hit 6 digits in sales. About a week or so later I received the dreaded 'Your PayPal Account' email saying they noticed an increase in payment volume and limited my account.

They asked for the usual: ID, bills, SSN, invoices. I thought about it for a while, and decided not to get too creative. I sent everything in as requested except I gave EIN instead of SSN. Everything else they asked for I gave, and hoped for the best.

Few days later, I got a call from PP; guy basically said they would restore my account but would put a rolling reserve of *% on all the funds I received. Of course I agreed to this and a minute later voila! Account restored.

Just got me wondering, did they verify the info I gave them? Or did they look at my account and decide I was too valuable to just get rid of like that? (I know its frowned on around here but I typically also have a healthy balance sitting on my account).

Also, they sent me another email and it indicated that they pulled a credit report to determine how much rolling reserve they would be holding. Has anyone had a similar situation? I'm just extra happy not to have lost a really, really valuable account.

ghackett5 03-05-2017 08:19 PM

Re: PP Limited ... and Restored

When I sent them EIN instead of SSN they did not accept it and limited me.
So I am guessing if they accepted your EIN then maybe they thought you were valuable.
Dont know how they could do a credit report when they did not have your SSN.....

rsot 03-05-2017 08:39 PM

@kkoneo, just be careful - does not mean you are 100% scott-free...operate wisely

e2free 03-06-2017 02:31 PM

That's quite normal, when sales goes up this increase the risk so they normally put reserve on account,
To be honest they must aware of your previous account but they getting decent amount of fees from you and you not giving them trouble so they let u use their services,

I heard the same story from someone else he was also limited but now doing very well