eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Sorry, we can't complete your purchase at this time (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/106119-sorry-we-cant-complete-your-purchase-time.html)

michaelpossis 03-23-2017 09:28 AM

Sorry, we can't complete your purchase at this time

I am so frustrated, for over a week now I have been simply trying to buy something with my OWN money and yet paypal is not allowing me to spend my OWN money. Everytime I try and buy something I get this error saying "Sorry we can't complete your purchase at this time, please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay". Yes, I have looked at other threads on this page and a lot of them say to wait 72 hours. It's been over a week. Words can't express how angry I am with paypal.

I created the account over a week ago so I could sell something for ~$100. I got the money, and can't use it.

I live in the US and I am trying to buy something from a US company.

There is a card linked the the account, email verified, it is all verified.

slokor 03-23-2017 03:36 PM

Re: Sorry, we can't complete your purchase at this time

You asked the question and gave the answer.
The account is only a week old. It has ZERO trust from paypal. THAT is the reason for this.
This issue wont go away by you trying to bully that payment through. if anything it can result in a limitation.
I myself always start by 'priming' my paypal accounts by buying a couple of small items on ebay (under $5 items) just so the account can show a payment history.
Patience is key when dealing with paypal. No way around things like this.

tkt234 03-24-2017 05:05 PM

Because your paypal account is new then paypal security system stops your payment. You can only wait or call paypal customer service to resolve your problem.

Muts 04-20-2017 07:51 PM

force the checkout link to go to old paypal checkout design

if the checkout link is
Code:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token=EC-92C93685S30554555
add force_sa=false& after _express-checkout& . so the link should be

Code:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&force_sa=false&token=EC-92C93685S30554555

unkown5454 04-21-2017 03:21 AM

i will save those links. i am having this issue elsewhere with guest checkout using the new PP. but when it goes to the old PP checkout system, all of my cards work flawlessly. usually i just have to keep checking out like 10+ times and eventually get to the old system but forgot to save the link

Muts 04-21-2017 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 843182)
i will save those links. i am having this issue elsewhere with guest checkout using the new PP. but when it goes to the old PP checkout system, all of my cards work flawlessly. usually i just have to keep checking out like 10+ times and eventually get to the old system but forgot to save the link

saving the link after you go to old design page won't work . by the time you get into that old page design PayPal generate specific hash for that payment and that payment only

nimade71 09-27-2017 11:20 AM

I tried this old design page, still ask me for go back and check out with other way

AvgJoe 09-27-2017 01:03 PM

I had this issue too. I needed to have all bank account, card, and phone number linked to the account. They must all be under the same name and address as your PayPal name, confirmed and everything. If that doesn't work, stop trying to process the payment or you will be limited. Call PayPal and ask for help.

totehmoon 10-07-2017 12:04 AM

try with a different ip

nimade71 10-07-2017 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totehmoon (Post 876025)
try with a different ip

When you make a purchase with different IP, it is risky and may cause suspension

nimade71 10-07-2017 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totehmoon (Post 876025)
try with a different ip

A second thought, you may be talking about keeping the original cookie but change just the IP. Then it is not risky, have you tried this? Now I have 11 accts under this status.

123 10-07-2017 05:06 AM

Yeah unfortunately with new accounts, paypal often imposes tons of restrictions like this

might just need to let the account age more

nimade71 10-10-2017 09:24 AM

I am still having this problem on many accts. One of them is 3 month old and this came out even it has some transaction records. I tried different IP same cookie, same IP clean cookie, different browsers, classic view, virtual moblie app, and small one dollar purchase. None of them worked.

ebaystealth1974 10-10-2017 09:43 AM

It's a shame that a legit person, just wanting to sell something on ebay, could face all this nonsense. Not talking about OP... just a random person that wanted to sell their XBox or whatever high-risk device.

Probably leaving a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths!

toluxa1 10-10-2017 10:32 AM

This problem has been discussed for many years on the internet in countless places and with all I have ready so far, I think it is safe to say, there is no definite solution to this issue. Just to relax. I think the closest solution is to wait about 3-4 days and try again. What I don't know yet is if one keeps trying it, doesn't it extend your wait period? For example, you try today, and try tomorrow and next, does it try push back the number of days you have to wait before it works?

nimade71 10-11-2017 12:35 AM

Bump. Hoping anyone who knows the answer could see this post.

soulkey 10-11-2017 06:01 PM

I had the same problem before. A bot from the PayPal risk department placed a soft limit on your account. In my case, I had about $200 in the account but couldn't use it to spend, send money, or anything with it. So I took it upon myself to call PayPal.
The rep was a nice guy who tried everything. He told me to reset the password, use mobile app, he tried resetting it on his end but couldn't understand why it still wasn't working. He literally said, "wow this is so silly, I don't know why it's not letting you use the balance. It must have been the risk department placing a soft limit on your account. I suggest you wait a few days until the hold is released."
So don't even try to do anything else. There's no workaround to access your balance. It won't work!
Solution:
I waited about a week and a half until the "security bot" lifted.
When I tried to make a purchase again it surprisingly went through.
So basically you'll need patience.

empirestate 10-12-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muts (Post 843151)
force the checkout link to go to old paypal checkout design

if the checkout link is
Code:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token=EC-92C93685S30554555
add force_sa=false& after _express-checkout& . so the link should be

Code:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&force_sa=false&token=EC-92C93685S30554555

Does this work?

nimade71 10-13-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 877113)
Does this work?

Tried this. It switched to the classic view but still rejected my transaction