PayPal Limited asking to resolve ebay ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-03-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default PayPal Limited asking to resolve ebay ID

Hi My paypal got limited today asking for normal things ID, Proof Of Delivey, thats not a promblem, but there asking to resolve EBAY ID an it is a Number not a name how do i resolve it if i don't know what it is as this happen to anyone else an does anybody knows what this is?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2017

Longevity: 44%
Default Re: PayPal Limited asking to resolve ebay ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossman111 View Post
Hi My paypal got limited today asking for normal things ID, Proof Of Delivey, thats not a promblem, but there asking to resolve EBAY ID an it is a Number not a name how do i resolve it if i don't know what it is as this happen to anyone else an does anybody knows what this is?

Thanks

You can link up to 8 ebay userIDs to a paypal account. Most of the users here I am guess do not do that for obvious reasons but if your running legit accounts many do it this way.

It would seem to me that on this paypal account of yours paypal is seeing more then one ebay account linked and wants to associate your information with that account. Also eBay and Paypal may still share consumer information although they claim not to. (I don't believe them)

As far as an eBay number - I know they assign your account a number but I wouldn't know how to get it. If they asked me for it I would probably call Paypal first to ask them how I get it as the only ID i know of is alphanumeric maybe they can tell you where to pull it off your ebay account.

If so post here for all of us.

I would call ebay first because their level of CS is light years better then eBay.

Then if you get nowhere with paypal call ebay and get transferred to a supervisor as fast as you can!

Hope that helps a little.
Old 04-03-2017
Threadstarter  

I have 2 accounts one to sell on an another to buy on there both legit accounts, i had one return on a item. I sell sports cards an it got damaged during shipping so customer asked to return it. No other issues account is over a year old sold 0ver 200 items an over 7k in sales. an out of nowhere they limited me.
Old 04-03-2017

Quote:
I have 2 accounts one to sell on an another to buy on there both legit accounts, i had one return on a item. I sell sports cards an it got damaged during shipping so customer asked to return it. No other issues account is over a year old sold 0ver 200 items an over 7k in sales. an out of nowhere they limited me.
I would suspect it's because your selling sports cards which is a very high risk catagory.

Just show them all your info and you should be alright.

I have my main 3 ebay accounts (Non-stealth) attached to my main ebay account (non-stealth) and I have one of those ebay accounts that is very high risk as well and I had to go through a similar thing about 8 years ago.

They asked me for proof of purchases as well in a second round of information they wanted.

Eventually because I had so many charge-backs they implemented a 90 day 13% rolling reserve on that paypal account because of the high risk they have with it.

In the beginning I was really upset because that 15% was a lot of money at the time but keeping everything non-stealth has it's advantages!

I have no limits on that PP account now other then the rolling reserve and all 3 ebay accounts have over a 1million dollar limit.

I have some decent stealth accounts but nothing that can hold a candle to those non-stealth ones.

I tell you that only to encourage you to jump through all their hoops. It sucks now but can pay dividends in the end.
Old 04-03-2017
Threadstarter  

IDK This is the 4th time this account got limited now there asking for ID No biggie the Resolve ebay ID must be the return an i can't do anything till i get the item backmean while my account is gonna remain limited unless i just give refund to clear issue quickly
Old 04-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@tom191, I haven't found sports cards to be that risky of a category unless you're selling high-end stuff with signatures, etc.

@xxxbossman111, are you truly based in the US? Or using a VPN to access your accounts?

What is the exact msg eb sent you?
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
tom191 (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017
Threadstarter  

i'm in the us not selling high end items at all. It was PP out of no where i had a item damanged during mailing the buyer bought 2 cards for a total of $58 he sent me a return request i accepted it, an then PP limited my account asking for id, an resolve ebay issue, now all my payments are on 21 day hold again Crazy and it's a VPN
Old 04-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@tom191, I haven't found sports cards to be that risky of a category unless you're selling high-end stuff with signatures, etc.

@RSOT

You are absolutely correct, my apologies I guess I automatically assumed they were high value because of the PP request and my own history with high value signed cards.

My mistake I apologize.

Last edited by tom191; 04-03-2017 at 06:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tom191 For This Useful Post:
rsot (04-04-2017)
Old 04-03-2017

Quote:
It was PP out of no where....... an then PP limited my account asking for id, an resolve ebay issue, now all my payments are on 21 day hold again Crazy and it's a VPN
Lol..... not to make light of this but it always seems its "Paypal out of nowhere"

.....still I would jump through their hoops and send them what they requested.

VPN isn't going to matter with your Non-Stealth accounts.

Worse case someone else on your VPN IP block is restricted by PP and that trigered their fraud alert but you should have no issues since you can provide what they are asking for.
Old 04-03-2017
Threadstarter  

I'll Be fine i jump thru hoops on steath accounts, this is a real account i gave them everything under the sun allis left is my ID not a issue, Just did'nt know what the ebay id was cause it was showing numbers not name i assume it the return issue i have on my ebay. Sold over 200 item with not one issue.
Old 04-03-2017

Quote:
I'll Be fine i jump thru hoops on steath accounts, this is a real account i gave them everything under the sun allis left is my ID not a issue, Just did'nt know what the ebay id was cause it was showing numbers not name i assume it the return issue i have on my ebay. Sold over 200 item with not one issue.
Very well could be just that. Not unlike Paypal to use anything to do a full review on your account!

Let us know how this turns out for you!
Old 04-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Will do.. Now all payments coming in is not held crazy sumitted info they need lets see what happens
Old 04-04-2017
Threadstarter  

PAYPAL is asking for supplier invoice i sell sports cards that i have collected over 30 years ago how can i give the a invoice of items purchased 30+ ago
Old 04-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

xxbossman111, are you using a free/potentially abused VPN? I think your be VPN might flagged
Old 04-04-2017
Threadstarter  

no the vpn is over a year old i think what happen is that i sold 2 items to the same person he claimed items where damaged an ask for a return on both an now paypal wants to see that i resolve that issue an what supplier invoice crazy