eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Permanent Limitation, -$1200 in Chargebacks (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/110745-permanent-limitation-1200-chargebacks.html)

AvgJoe 09-21-2017 07:55 PM

Permanent Limitation, -$1200 in Chargebacks

I'm here to share my experience with PayPal limitation and whether I end up winning or not, hopefully to give certain people in a similar situation an idea of what could happen.

I've been selling bitcoins on eBay, and I thought I had figured out a safe way to protect myself against claims. I would verify that the owner of the PayPal was making the payment so that I could have as evidence in case of a dispute. Well, one guy bought a lot from me, and I required even more verification because I had to be safe. I got him to show me his cards on his PayPal to make sure they were to his name and address, because PayPal only allows your cards. I called PayPal twice to make sure his cards were in his name and he used them to pay. He bought about $1300 in orders from me, and I had all the proof I needed to show it was his money.

After a few days of selling, PayPal permanently limited my account, and I have to wait 180 days to get $113 stuck in there. Luckily I would transfer everything quickly to my bank. The limitation is due to high risk, and they were right. My verification ultimately didn't stop this guy, who I had talked to for days and left positive feedback for each other, from making chargeback claims to his card company. Now my balance is -$1200 spread in about 5 or 6 cases of unauthorized purchases from him. My address, (old) cell, SSN, 1 bank account and 2 cards are in that account.

I've sent all evidence I had that he authorized those payments, and only him could've paid for them through his PayPal. It is impossible that he is not the owner of those cards. I've reported him to eBay for false claims and they are now investigating him and left bad (only positive feedback available) feedback to warn sellers. If eBay finds him of any wrong doing, his account could be limited or all the way up to suspended, and if they do, I can attach it as proof in the PayPal claims that even eBay found something wrong.

Coincidentally, when my dad and I started this Bitcoin selling thing, his account ended up in around -$1300 in claims. We did not know the dangers and how to verify a buyer. PayPal does not protect against Bitcoin claims, but just a few weeks ago, the last case was closed and the total is now just -$500. I believe we even gave the wrong evidence, evidence of delivery rather than authorization because they were all for unauthorized purchases. My evidence is that it was authorized. If PayPal ruled some in his favor, I have high hopes that they'll rule in mine with my correct evidence and their investigation.

Do not try to sell bitcoins on eBay. I thought I had figured out a foolproof method of verifying the buyers to the point where other buyers started copying it. It's obviously still not safe, PayPal is not with the seller, and I've ruined my PayPal forever (probably because of HIS high volume of orders.)

I will post again in 30, 75, 90 days, whenever PayPal decides the outcome of the cases, so some of you may be informed of your chances.

shad0wd0wn 09-25-2017 07:06 AM

Re: Permanent Limitation, -$1200 in Chargebacks

Honestly, I would have never sold bitcoin on eBay, since eBay is where a majority of scammers seem to stem from.. I'm not saying other parts of the internet don't have them, but I see way too many on eBay. Not only that, for pretty much every bitcoin exchanger, (basically what you did) we do expect to see chargebacks..

AvgJoe 10-11-2017 03:49 AM

So PayPal finally updated my cases. The email basically read since virtual items are not protected, they are withdrawing the funds from my account (-1200). But they will be disputing the transactions with the bank on my behalf, so now I just gotta wait possibly a few months.

The good news about this is, if PayPal had said the payments were unauthorized, they would've said they sided with the buyer and the cases would be closed. Going to the bank means that they found they were fine, but they can't refund me because of what I sold. I think this is gonna be a nice ending!

On a different note, another PayPal I opened under the same name and address is still going and receiving payments, just not as big as I was. The difference in the details is a new bank and card and I changed my phone number which I always wanted to do. No stealth or anything. It's only been a few weeks, but with the considerably lower volume that I'm moving (under $100 per day or 2, small spikes here and there). I think I can make it last.

southrnprincess 10-11-2017 09:59 AM

This happened to me with a few scammers (not bitcoin but a digital code) I immediately sent a package to them so I had tracking even though it wa weeks after the fact, and about 60 days later they gave me my money back. Shocking I know.

AvgJoe 10-11-2017 10:13 AM

That's pretty nice, I read somewhere that I couldn't bypass it by sending a penny or something like some people were, so I just never did

Hubeet11 02-04-2019 07:44 PM

Update the account, they ever give you back acess to it or limit the new one?