Presales on eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-01-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%

So I'm selling items which I will not have in my possession until two months from now. My customers all understand that.

Early on, I noticed that my competitors state in their listings that they will ship out a tracked envelope with a receipt and details of the purchase and a contract or whatever. Now I see why they were doing that.

PayPal is just requesting invoices from my manufacturer and tracking information. I've provided the invoices and just need the tracking now. During my phone conversation with PayPal, I did state that it was a preorder item and then only after he stated that I must either refund or ship the item now, I said something like, "Okay, I understand, and I will find a way to ship the items now."

Of course, my plan is to just ship out the envelopes now and then provide that as proof to PayPal. I just wonder if they're going to be able to tell that my tracking numbers are just for envelopes and not large packages, might they investigate my eBay listings? Is it suspicious that I just magically upload all this tracking info the day after a warning? Or hopefully, the tracking number this is just another checkbox they need to cross off without trying to be too clever about it all. I was planning to buy the postage outside of eBay and PayPal so that they can't see the postage price I've paid and correspond that with the high item value. ($3k each

Total sales volume of like $100k over past two weeks which is indeed out of the ordinary for me. But my eBay and PayPal are authentic, probably 12+ years old. 4500 feedback score, 100%, probably $250k lifetime sales and 8000 items sold before this spree.

Just wondering what people here think, I'm going to get started on those tracking numbers now anyways, thanks.

Is it likely that notes were taken of what was said during the phone conversation and that it would be considered in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohc View Post
Is it likely that notes were taken of what was said during the phone conversation and that it would be considered in the future?
Well now I've realized that they're asking for an image, not merely a tracking number.

Last edited by SaiJin; 10-02-2017 at 07:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Presales on eBay

1. Since this is your real account, I'd really treat it carefully. I'd stop doing what you are doing.

2. Get the stealth guide and learn to make back up accounts. Then use those accounts for things like you are doing. This way if it gets suspended, it's not a very big deal.

Yes, whenever you talk to them, they'll always have a log of the convo and it may even raise flags.

If you are really doing $100k in 2 weeks, I can really see trouble in the near future. That's VERY high risk for them. So be careful and spread it out on multiple accounts.
Old 10-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going all out, sending empty priority mail boxes with a weight of several pounds. Going to cost well over $1000, but decided it's safer than being an idiot and sending a tracked envelope which would be obvious by the tracking numbers. Next time, I'll upload cheap tracking immediately to hopefully prevent this.

I suppose I'll drop an update here when I have a resolution. I can't fathom doing the multiple account thing, but I suppose decisions will be made once I see what happens to me now. I had a feeling this money was too easy. I used all my sales to purchase more products and now potentially may not have an easy method to sell them, so my bank account is rather dry despite these record breaking numbers.
Old 10-02-2017

Longevity: 74%

You definitely have to read the stealth guide.
Sounds like you will need MULTIPLE accounts in the near future especially to stay in business and to maintain a selling platform.
It seems a little overwhelming but if you read it thoroughly and study up on the forums it will be something that you can do. It gets easier with practice, like many things.
Best advice I can give is make stealth accounts and spread your sales over multiple accounts.
Old 10-02-2017
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:

Total sales volume of like $100k over past two weeks
well damn... you ve come to right place man... time to start rethinking EVERYTHING...
Old 10-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth

Get those backup accounts going pronto.
Old 10-03-2017
Threadstarter  

PP called. Didn't mention anything about the presales, just said that they've gotten all the tracking information and that looks great, but they do need the items to show as delivered before they can "make a decision on the account." Wanted me to give them another call once items arrive to let them know so they can finish it up. Sure do hope they aren't reading these forums..
Old 10-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So I'm selling items which I will not have in my possession until two months from now. My customers all understand that.

Early on, I noticed that my competitors state in their listings that they will ship out a tracked envelope with a receipt and details of the purchase and a contract or whatever. Now I see why they were doing that.

PayPal is just requesting invoices from my manufacturer and tracking information. I've provided the invoices and just need the tracking now. During my phone conversation with PayPal, I did state that it was a preorder item and then only after he stated that I must either refund or ship the item now, I said something like, "Okay, I understand, and I will find a way to ship the items now."

Of course, my plan is to just ship out the envelopes now and then provide that as proof to PayPal. I just wonder if they're going to be able to tell that my tracking numbers are just for envelopes and not large packages, might they investigate my eBay listings? Is it suspicious that I just magically upload all this tracking info the day after a warning? Or hopefully, the tracking number this is just another checkbox they need to cross off without trying to be too clever about it all. I was planning to buy the postage outside of eBay and PayPal so that they can't see the postage price I've paid and correspond that with the high item value. ($3k each

Total sales volume of like $100k over past two weeks which is indeed out of the ordinary for me. But my eBay and PayPal are authentic, probably 12+ years old. 4500 feedback score, 100%, probably $250k lifetime sales and 8000 items sold before this spree.

Just wondering what people here think, I'm going to get started on those tracking numbers now anyways, thanks.

Well now I've realized that they're asking for an image, not merely a tracking number.

You must be selling Pre-orders for the iphone X. lol
Old 10-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Good idea on the iPhone X. I'll get on that.
Old 10-03-2017
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Good idea on the iPhone X. I'll get on that.
tries to play it off... your not foolen us!
Old 10-03-2017

Surely they aren't going for 3k, are they?!
Old 10-03-2017
Super Moderator

PP called you to check on your sales?

OK, not to scare you here... but be careful. And remember, they are not your friend.
Imagine that "friend" who is friendly to you only because they want to do something to you.

Better be careful than sorry
Old 10-24-2017
Threadstarter  

PayPal unlocked my account

[11:10]
They're going to hold $10k for three months

And then 30% of all new revenues will be held for three months

I can review and appeal for a better deal, in three months

Their first email had a typo and put this at 3 years..
Old 10-24-2017

30% for 90 days?!?!?!?! hahah

That's the worst I have heard of so far. :(
Old 10-25-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:
PayPal unlocked my account

They're going to hold $10k for three months

And then 30% of all new revenues will be held for three months

I can review and appeal for a better deal, in three months

Their first email had a typo and put this at 3 years..

Ok, let's look at this on the bright side.

You are doing $200k/mo
This is a real account under all your personal info and you are trying to do business with them.

The deal they gave you is certainly NOT good, but in their eyes you are too new, no history and very high risk.

It's actually kinda amazing they offered you something like this.

So if you feel comfortable with it, you should take their offer or ask for a better deal and show them that you are doing everything you can to abide by their policies.

it's one of those business deals you have to decide on your own and take a risk
Old 10-25-2017
Threadstarter  

I'm actually not new! It's like a 14 year old account. Just new to this level of sales. I wasn't given the impression there was going to be any sort of negotiation, but of course knowing how bad it can get, I wasn't about to negotiate. And I'm not doing $200k a month unfortunately :D

After all the refunds and crap I've gone through, even got scammed by my own fault, maybe over this three month period I can come out ahead with $20k profit from around $100k in sales which will still be very worthwhile, but man this has been a painful process.

Here's the email they sent me. It looks like it was written by someone who learned how to speak english last month. You'd think they'd be more professional when dealing with customers doing sales at my level. Anyways, they've always been professional on the phone. Keep in mind 910 days is a typo. Just happy to not have had my eBay and PayPal account deleted, but definitely won't be able to move as much volume anymore with the restrictions on cash for the next 30 days. My sales have nearly been standstill during this process as I've been dealing with things. Although I was able to sell a few units via bank transfer and Bitcoin which was nice.

Dear zxvserger,

During a recent review, we determined that there may be a high level of risk associated with your PayPal account and are going to apply a reserve to your account beginning 10/24/2017. The reserve is money that we set aside in your PayPal account to cover losses due to chargebacks, claims or payment reversals if you fail to cover these expenses. The moneys in reserve still belong to you, but are not available for the period of time during which they are held.

An amount of $10000.00 has been set aside from your current available balance and has been placed in reserve.

Your reserve will be set to retain 30% of the processed amount for each day, to be held for a 910 day rolling period beginning on the above date.

For example, 30% of the total transactions you receive will be held at the end of the first day and will be released on day 01/24/2018. Then 30% of your payments will be held at the end of the second day and will be released on day 01/25/2018, and so on.

The decision regarding your reserve setting was based on our review of the level of risk associated with your account. We looked at several factors to determine the high level of risk associated with your account. These factors include:

· Claims or disputes – A high amount of claims or number of chargebacks or a significant increase in the amount of claims or disputes filed against you.

· Refunds – A high amount of refunds or a significant increase in the amount of refunds transacted.

· Delivery timeframe - Extended length of your delivery timeframe.

· Overall processing volume – There is a significant change in the level of payments your business is processing compared to your processing history.

· High risk industry - You are selling merchandise or services in what we consider to be a high risk industry.

· Consumer credit report – Information provided on your consumer credit report.

Our decision was based in whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to know the information contained in your credit file at the consumer reporting agency. The reporting agency played no part in our decision and is unable to supply specific reasons why we are requiring a reserve in connection with your application.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have the right to obtain a free copy of your consumer report within 60 days by contacting the consumer reporting agency at the address and telephone number below. You also have the right to obtain one free credit report annually from each of the national consumer reporting agencies. Please refer to these documents if you have further questions. You have the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in the report by contacting the consumer reporting agency.

Consumer:

Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
(800) 685-1111

Any dispute regarding the information on your report must be resolved with the agency above.

As part of our review we obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency and used it in making our decision. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your consumer report changes.

Your credit score: 660

Date: 9/30/2017

Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850.

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

40- Derog public record or collection 10- Rev Balances to Credit Limits High 14- Length of time accounts established 20- Derog public record/coll too recent
We regularly review reserve levels and make adjustments when possible. You may contact PayPal on 04/24/2018 and we will conduct a new review of your reserve settings. You will be notified if your reserve settings are adjusted (increased or decreased) in the future.

Further information on reserves can be found on our PayPal Help Center website at: https://www.paypal.com//help

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,

Merchant Review Department

Last edited by Ohc; 10-25-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-25-2017
Super Moderator

The "new" level of sales is what will be assessed and balanced with your history.
So to them it's risky.

Remember what I said: "If you feel comfortable doing business at such high number with paypal, go fot it."

$20k/mo is still high. That's what 5% of USA population make yearly.

My advice is to turn off your emotions and look at this from the pros and con as well as PP's history with people.
Old 10-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Yeah I'm not really sure what I'll do going forward. This isn't sustainable but rather, I saw an opportunity and attacked. Will slow my roll extremely going forward and perhaps just wait until items are in stock. There's way too many headaches involved with selling things you won't have for two months. And sending people empty boxes results in wasted money and more refunds.

Unfortunately my main source of income (lower volume) besides this is also through this same PayPal, but actually it's not so bad because I can still use WaveApps as an alternative.

$10k+ for three months is a mega bummer, but I know what has happened to other people here, so I'm happy enough now.
Old 10-25-2017
Super Moderator

I think the biggest factor to this pre-sale is the $ amount. And 2nd is that you don't have the items yet. 3rd you are working on their platform with ever changing rules.

What if you wait until you have the products and start listing them say 1 week before they officially launch. This way you can say buy now and ship on launch day.

So you won't be breaking any rules and you don't have to deal with all this.
Old 10-29-2017

Longevity: 42%
Post Re: Presales on eBay

I have been following this and trying to relate it to my situation. If Ohc did 100k in 2 weeks with high risk items and true preorders, credit score of 660, and PayPal at this point DID NOT permanently limit him or ban his account, then where does that put me?:

1. 25k-50k a month
2. Not considered high risk items
3. Credit score of 760
4. Not stealth, business dba with all documentation, 4yr+ for ebay/paypal

If I went ahead of used PayPal and invoiced everyone, it would make no sense for PayPal to ban me from using them when everything I have is legit. I am trying to make sense of all this. I understand that everyone is on the stealth/conservative side, Ohc's situation must say something in regards to PayPal and them continuing to do business with him?
Old 11-01-2017
Banned

Longevity: 40%

This is absurd. PayPal is unfair as fvck. They just want your money.
Mine was just 20% rolling reserves held for 30days.
And no, you maybe misinterpreted what PayPal said, $10,000.00 is held indefinitely, your way to get it back is to close down the account and withdraw the money.