Funds on 180 days hold, Paypal won't reply - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-21-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Funds on 180 days hold, Paypal won't reply

My account was permantly limited and funds put on hold for 180 days. The reason of this decision and the details were very vague. They sent me a very generic message with not much explanation that left me with a lot of question.
Initially I contacted them through the "message center" in Paypal. I got no reply other then the automated messages.
Then I sent them an email at aup@paypal.com, they finally replied but without really explaining anything. I wrote them back a very long email explaining my situation being fully honest and apologetic hoping they would be more understanding, but they replied by sending a copy pasted message of their first generic message. I replied by resending my own message, and again they replied by doing the same thing. This went on 2 or 3 more times. Other then being angry, the reason I did that was because I read someone here suggesting to persist and annoy them until they give up. Now I'm starting to regret doing that.
Over 50 days have passed now, and I haven't heard from them in more then a month. Since then I've sent them 3 different e-mails and no reply at all. I was hoping I could get my money released in 45 days, but now I'm worried if they will ever release them at all.

Can someone give me any suggestions what should I do?
Do they contact you and release the money after 180 days? or should I be worried I won't hear from them anymore?

This is the first time this happened to me, the account and all information was legit.

I'd really appreaciate any advice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Funds on 180 days hold, Paypal won't reply

The clue is in the name, 180 days hold.

They should email you after 180 days saying your funds are released.

Which country is this for? And why were you limited?
Old 06-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Thanks for replying. The reason was selling high risk items. However 80% of the funds had nothing to do with the reason I was banned. I had left them there for a couple of months thinking they were safe until I needed them.
Country is Albania.

Once released, can I withdraw them by using the card that I have linked with Paypal? And if not how else?

Is there a way to get them released sooner and should I try to contact them again?
Old 06-21-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Paypal are under no obliigation to release funds sooner than 180 days. Save your time and effort.

I don't know the process for Albania after 180 days. I can't help with that one.
Old 06-21-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3shirecat View Post
Thanks for replying. The reason was selling high risk items. However 80% of the funds had nothing to do with the reason I was banned. I had left them there for a couple of months thinking they were safe until I needed them.
Country is Albania.

Once released, can I withdraw them by using the card that I have linked with Paypal? And if not how else?

Is there a way to get them released sooner and should I try to contact them again?
You'll need to add a bank to withdraw. If I recall correctly, the function to withdraw to card gets disabled at this stage.
Old 06-21-2018
MU

Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to x.dakar

Call and talk with paypal !
Old 06-21-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 65%

open up a BBB against paypal, they will reply and release your money.
Old 06-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
You'll need to add a bank to withdraw. If I recall correctly, the function to withdraw to card gets disabled at this stage.
That's what I'm worried about... For my country there's only 2 options to withdraw, VISA card and US bank account. The second is a joke because its simply unreasonable to request a US bank account from someone who isn't from USA. I can only have IBAN bank accounts which they once told me they can't be added for my country.
I read somewhere that they also might issue a cheque, but I don't know how they work. Does anyone have any experience with them? Can you send a cheque to any bank account in the world? Or its just for US bank accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.dakar View Post
Call and talk with paypal !
Calling them is a little difficult from my country. I don't even know if they take international calls?
Aside from that I'm afraid my english is not fluent enough to follow up a live conversation about this. I'm trying to keep this as a last desperate resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
open up a BBB against paypal, they will reply and release your money.
Can you please explain more about this?
Is this possible for international users and how can I do it?