eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Reset router to get new IP for Paypal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/119289-reset-router-get-new-ip-paypal.html)

Fabensguy 08-10-2018 07:08 AM

Reset router to get new IP for Paypal?

Hello Guys,

I was banned permanently from Paypal. I am able to get a family member to open an account that I can use. Since we share the same internet connection, I figured the first step would be to change the IP. I contacted my ISP and they said I could change the IP simply by resetting the router. Is this correct? Is this all that is needed to get a safe IP that Paypal doesn't link to my previous account?

My next step would be to buy a cheap Chromebook or another type of netbook to open and manage the account.

I will open another checking account and get a new credit card.

I have read that I might have to use a different home address too.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

SaiJin 08-10-2018 09:37 AM

Re: Reset router to get new IP for Paypal?

welcome to the forum.

About the router, yes.

But I also highly recommend you actually read the ebay stealth. It's important for you to know the basics, how to do these things and in what order.

We can give you pieces of info, but it's best if you just read the guide so you get everything correctly

Fabensguy 08-10-2018 03:37 PM

I tried to download it from the link that I received by email but the site was infected.

nate 08-10-2018 03:41 PM

That doesn't sound right...

@NasterXchange 08-11-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabensguy (Post 936200)
Hello Guys,

I was banned permanently from Paypal. I am able to get a family member to open an account that I can use. Since we share the same internet connection, I figured the first step would be to change the IP. I contacted my ISP and they said I could change the IP simply by resetting the router. Is this correct? Is this all that is needed to get a safe IP that Paypal doesn't link to my previous account?

My next step would be to buy a cheap Chromebook or another type of netbook to open and manage the account.

I will open another checking account and get a new credit card.

I have read that I might have to use a different home address too.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi
Regarding you router: generally you get from your ISP a dynamic IP which is recycled. Except your IP is bounded to the MAC Address of your Home Router, just rebooting your router could give you an other IP ( I wouldn't say necessary NEW).

However, they might have different people living in the same home, each having his own account and sharing the exact same IP.
As long as your account is not used on the same machine (to not say same browser etc) and the account is CLEAN, there is nothing wrong.
Of couse, if you can get an extra machine for this purpose, its easier to manage and avoid to use 2 accounts on same machine.

You dont need to reset your router.
Just use this real account an other machine and verify it whenever they ask for and all should be good.

For example, my girlfriend uses sometimes my desktop to login to her Paypal account, since years now, no problem with that.

But if you were talking about Stealth account, then you would have to think completely differently.

altending360 08-11-2018 07:30 PM

Yes you need to use a new machine and reset your router or use a service to change your ip. And everything brand new as if you never had an account before.

Fabensguy 08-11-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @MasterNaster (Post 936428)
Hi

But if you were talking about Stealth account, then you would have to think completely differently.

Thank you for the valuable advice, MasterNaster. Do you mind explaining in more detail what you mean above?

@NasterXchange 08-12-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabensguy (Post 936451)
Thank you for the valuable advice, MasterNaster. Do you mind explaining in more detail what you mean above?

Per what I understood, you will create a new account with details of your family member, except that the account will be used by you.

Its a different situation when you create an account with non-real data.

Fabensguy 08-13-2018 08:46 PM

If my relative lives with me, should I use his real address (the one I also used on my banned account)?

Also, his first and last name are the same as me, would this be a problem? SSN will be different, of course.

altending360 08-15-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabensguy (Post 936924)
If my relative lives with me, should I use his real address (the one I also used on my banned account)?

Also, his first and last name are the same as me, would this be a problem? SSN will be different, of course.

To paypal that will look like the exact same person and you will be banned but not right away if course they want you to put in a little money.

rsot 08-15-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Don't use relative or friend info - go stealth!

GreenBean 08-15-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

No, this is doomed to fail.

I mentioned this in your other thread.

rsot 08-15-2018 09:11 AM

With regards to IP, if your Net service is dynamic, resetting the router/modem should generate new IP.

@NasterXchange 09-05-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 937282)
With regards to IP, if your Net service is dynamic, resetting the router/modem should generate new IP.

Can not Should.
If your ISP assigned you dynamically an IP to be renewed after a fixed lease time, even resetting the router/modem will do the same (you will reset the router, but you will keep the same MAC address and your credentials will still be the same).

SaiJin 09-05-2018 10:38 AM

This is what you'll do:

1. Go to your mac address setting of your router.
2. Change 1 digit or alphabet of the mac, save
3. Reset modem.

I highly suggest you read the ebay stealth so you have a much bigger picture too.

@NasterXchange 09-06-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 941825)
This is what you'll do:

1. Go to your mac address setting of your router.
2. Change 1 digit or alphabet of the mac, save
3. Reset modem.

I highly suggest you read the ebay stealth so you have a much bigger picture too.

You can reset your modem, change you mac but you will be still logging with the same credentials, meaning it's still the same entity.
You should rather use a VPN in that case.

StealthJet99 09-06-2018 06:08 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Highly recommend a VPN. If your router IP can be changed by resetting it might be a static IP so the odds of getting a used one already are good. A VPN is fresh and you'll have minimal issues.

josephpompee2 09-09-2018 02:35 AM

I think change ip adresses plus making a new user account on your computer will help you