eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Interesting Limitation Removal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/119356-interesting-limitation-removal.html)

bstalling 08-12-2018 04:50 PM

Interesting Limitation Removal

This is interesting, I'm a bit shocked.

I had a legit Paypal Business account that I was using fine for about several years or so. It had my social security number and everything. I had a previous paypal account that was permanently limited about 10 years back.

I've been selling electronics online fine for about the last six months, but then I was limited. They asked me to upload invoices and everything, and I did. I called in and chatted and they said that everything looked good, but that there was a prior linked account in my name. I just said it was fraud and was told that a ticket would be put into. Heard nothing back and the permanent limitation was due for this week. So, I decided to call in. I explained what the previous rep had asked for and mentioned the linked account. And that I would like an update. Within 10 minutes, she restored the account and told me to update my telephone number.

I kinda thought she was talking out of her ass and didnt really believe what I was hearing. She did kinda sound foreign. But when I logged in and checked my paypal email, I could the account restoration email and everything is good to go. I just did an instant transfer to test.

Now, I want to ask----has this happened to anyone before? Is PP just getting more lenient? I had an online buddy of mine a few weeks ago get an account restoration after about 7 years of appealing a permanent limitation.

Am I assured of little problems in the future or will they try to link me back to that old account again? Like, I just cant believe it!

altending360 08-12-2018 05:18 PM

Re: Interesting Limitation Removal

oh that happens all of the time. The rep who you speak to is more times than anything allowed to do whatever to your account. That is why it is important to be nice to them.

bstalling 08-12-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altending360 (Post 936629)
oh that happens all of the time. The rep who you speak to is more times than anything allowed to do whatever to your account. That is why it is important to be nice to them.

Really? I just cant believe it..and it took minutes. I guess the reps do have the power to kinda use their own judgement and do what they want? I'm just surprised that I havent been permanently limited--again!

Also, they said the main reason why I was limited was because I stopped updating with tracking info. Then they saw the old linked account from 10 years ago.

bstalling 08-12-2018 08:15 PM

Oh, I also want to note that the linked account was negative 1K!

altending360 08-15-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstalling (Post 936665)
Oh, I also want to note that the linked account was negative 1K!

Say what?!? I must have read that wrong or you have a typo lol. I dont think the rep saw that your account had a negative balance. But yes they do have that power. If you turn in documents and call and you are not immediately unlimited 99% of the time you are permanently limited. The supervisors only back up what is said, provide a second opinion or seem like they understand so that you do not lose your temper.

BigCJ 08-15-2018 07:51 PM

They dont get paid a lot to do the job at paypal.

They also see that you've been paying your fair share of fees for high volume stuff.

So the 1k will slide for now since youve probably done more in fees than the whats owed on the previous account.

Be prepared for another limitation though. DO NOT keep funds in there long term or anything you cannot afford to lose.

bstalling 08-17-2018 09:39 AM

Yep, negative 1K lol. Thats why I'm still shocked. Granted, the current PP account was well run, no disputes or chargebacks. They even upgraded my debit card sometime back to allow me to purchase up to $4500 a day and withdraw up to $800 from an ATM because the account was run so well.

dallis 08-17-2018 03:03 PM

Once you bring it positive they'll close you down again. They're trying to slick you into paying your back due bill.

bstalling 08-17-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 937709)
Once you bring it positive they'll close you down again. They're trying to slick you into paying your back due bill.

Please re-read. My account has already been restored. What you said is what I thought too, but I just told them essentially that the old account isnt mine, so its fraud. LOL I guess no one really looked into it, because she said a ticket would be made to see.

SaiJin 08-18-2018 10:57 AM

why was it negative $1k?

bstalling 08-18-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 937817)
why was it negative $1k?

I sold a computer on ebay, and I think the person charged back.

dallis 08-18-2018 09:08 PM

I wouldn't leave any money in there, I'm highly skeptical it will last, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, please report back in a few months and give us an update. :)

dealagreeproceed 08-19-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstalling (Post 937886)
I sold a computer on ebay, and I think the person charged back.

ohhh so it really was your account???:pound:

bstalling 09-25-2018 11:18 AM

Just an update. My Business account is still churning along fine. Processed over 10K in transactions last month. Recently I got another email telling me that I can spend up to 10K a day on my business debit card and withdraw 1K a day from an ATM because I'm a "top paypal customer". Interesting.