Paypal Advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-10-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Paypal Advice

Hi

Just found this forum and i've already had found some great advice. I was just after some more advice about my particular situation.

About two years ago i had my account limited with Paypal and they took about £300 of my money which i still haven't had back. At the time they wanted me to fax them documents etc to get the limitations lifted, which at the time i never bothered with, as i started to see them as untrustworthy, limiting my account when they felt like it and holding money etc.

I have recently moved house and was thinking about setting up a New Paypal account which is what led me to this forum. Now i would like to set up a new Paypal account if possible that doesn't link me with the old one.
i now have.
  1. A New Address
  2. A New Telephone Number
  3. A New Internet Provider

I am now with AOL which gives me a new IP address everytime i sign on, Is there anyway Paypal can link me with my old Paypal account or will they think i'm a new person. I never faxed them any documents when they limited my old account, and obviously to people can have the same name

Any advice would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

It may be too late but firstly you are entiltled to the money in that old paypal account, did you get an email from paypal at the 6 month mark? At that point you may withdraw the money to your bank or have a cheque.

A new address, lovely, wish I had one of those, dont mess up by making a mistake, read forum carefully and create NO links.

points 1 and 2 are correct, you do not need a new internet provider, just a different ip or ips from your banned accounts, again read up on this, your aol dynamic ips sound ideal.
toomey189 (07-13-2009)
Old 07-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi

Thanks for the advive, If i go and and set up a new account now, is there anyway Paypal can link me as the same person? e'g when i sign up i might have to change my date of birth, what happens if Paypal limit my account again and want me to send them proof of identification and obviously this would have my original date of birth on it.

Also can Paypal check details you give them with the bank account you register with theml. I really just want this account for making purchases on Ebay etc so there wouldn't be to much activity on it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Old 07-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

ok if its just for buying its much simpler...

Firstly clean your pc of flash and cookies, do your browsing on mozilla firefox, check you can change your ip on the PC. A new credit card or vcc and new bank account. There is alot more so please read, there is nothing worse than messing up a new clean address or bank account, because youve been hasty with your steps..

The bank cant see your name and address usually. If you just want to make purchases and not sell, you can probably get away with just a variation of all your details, you have a new address, so you can use your name and put stealth dob, buyer account wont be scrutinized much and you wont have to do phone verification to just buy, in fact you dont even need a bank account, if you are sure its just buying, but if you do it needs to be a new one. I doubt youll need ID for a buyer account, but if you do, there are ways round it or you can set up another account easily anyway..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-11-2009 at 04:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
toomey189 (07-13-2009)
Old 07-11-2009

Longevity: 86%

I too am trying to set up a paypal currently to buy. I was a seller on eBay years ago and same similar story as toomey189 (there must be a gazillion of us) I do not, however, have a new address but did sign up again on eBay - no problem several months ago. Bought two items and paid for one directly to seller through google checkout. 2nd item the seller will not provide any other way to pay except pp. I did sign up a couple of months ago - variation of my name, same address as years ago, and no phone number attached. PP is asking me to provide a CC, phone and checking account to lift limits. I most certainly do not want to give my old checking acct number (still have it) and I do have a new check card. How can I safely do this as I'm about to go stealth to open up new ebay/PP Accts to sell (digesting the stealth ebook now). Any help for lifting sending limit and getting a pay source attached to my current PP would be appreciated. I thought about a VCC to lift the sending limit and to then add a prepaid card but I'm not sure whether that's feasible. Not familiar yet with all the variations of cards/accts/etc yet. Things have changed since years ago! Tx guys~
Old 07-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

ok to change it in to a seller account, you need to register as a seller with phone pin, then if you need to lift limits on paypal, follow the steps, in UK its phone or address pin..
SunshineGirl (07-12-2009), toomey189 (07-13-2009)
Old 07-11-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Yeah sure, you have a new ip address and address we established that.

You just need a new phone number, bank account, email address, a clean computer (clear cookies), and you're set.

If you haven't already I recommend you read eBay Stealth to getting started in the right direction. It's not fun to ruin your brand new address by missing a simple step.

If I were you I wouldn't even use your real address unless it's for buying only.
Old 07-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Oompaloompa

Yes, i would like to create a new sellers account if this is possible. You said in your lsat post that the Bank can't see the details you've registered with Paypal or is this the other way round and that Paypal can't see your Bank details?

If you were in my situation, i,e new bank account, new address and new telephone number as well as having aol dynamic ips how would you go about setting up a new Paypal sellers account.

Would you use your real name? or a stealth name ? What about the address obvisously i'll be changing the DOB so i can't be linked as the same person, Is therer anything else i need to bear in mind obviously i need to keep clearing my cookies and history etc before i log in to Paypal.
Old 07-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

paypal cant see your bank name. Usually the dd mandate on paypal doesnt reveal your pp details, but check before you press send, because there have been reports of the form being pre-filled with stealth name, that doesnt mean bank wont accept it, but its not preferable.

It can be made in different ways, so a variation of your name and address or a completely different one, its up to you