PayPal Business Account Limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-29-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default PayPal Business Account Limited

My Stealth Paypal business account is limited a couple days ago. It says

"We noticed some changes in your business and would like more information from you."
"If you don’t resolve this limitation soon, more features will be affected by Oct 4, 2018.
Impact on account: Low"

They want:
Photo ID
Proof of Address
Confirm your social security number
-or-
Proof of SSN
Provide Supplier information
Provide invoice

I provided a creative photo ID and proof of address when I first purchased this stealth PayPal account a year ago. Now its asking for it again but now they want my SSN. Of course I cant provide that because its stealth. The business address and phone number associated with my account were associated with my previous permanently limited account. this account is almost at $60K in sales for this year. I had to use my real information when creating my business LLC. Can anyone help me out with a solid plug for the creative docs? How can I get away with not providing my SSN? My area was recently hit with a bad storm. Could I guilt trip the rep?

This is the email they sent me below: They mentioned a few of my transactions below which were almost $2K each. I didn't provide a tracking number right away for them because they were preorders. Is that why they limited my account?

"As part of PayPal's commitment to providing the best possible experience for buyers and sellers, we perform routine reviews of merchant accounts. 

To give us time to work together on this, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your account until our review is completed. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible. To complete our review and better understand your business, we need your assistance in collecting the following information:

· Provide a driver's license or any other government-issued photo identification. The photo ID must show your full name and current address.

· A copy of a recent utility bill, bank statement, or credit card statement showing your name and address exactly as they appear on your PayPal account.

· A copy of your social security card. If you do not have access to this document, you can go to your local Social Security Office and request a letter which will verify your Social Security Number. The Social Security Office will need to stamp, date, and sign the letter for authentication purposes. We will also accept a current paystub, IRS statement, past year's W-2, or past year's tax filing or return. These documents need to show your full Social Security Number.

Protecting your personal information is important to us. Click "Privacy" at the bottom of any PayPal page for details on how we protect your information.

· Upload or fax a copy of any invoices, receipts, or bills of sale referencing your purchase or acquisition of the merchandise involved in the following transactions:

Transaction ID: 6NC70260EC9******
Transaction ID: 575454169R6******
Transaction ID: 5N4018167G8******
Transaction ID: 7TT152467B6******
Transaction ID: 6HA71698B29******

An invoice is an original bill of sale referencing where you acquired the items you're selling, and the name and phone number of your supplier. 

· Provide documentation proving ownership of the item you are selling, listing, or renting out.

· Upload or fax your supplier's contact information.

Here's how to upload the requested files directly to your PayPal account:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
2. Click "Resolution Center."
3. Click "Resolve" in the Action column of each limitation step.
4. Click "Upload Files."
5. Click "Browse" and select the first file you'd like to attach.
6. Enter a title for the file.
7. Select a type of evidence for the file.
8. Type in a description of your file.
9. Click "Attach this File."
10. Repeat steps 5 through 9 to attach additional files.
11. Click "Send Files to PayPal" to complete your upload.

Here's how to fax the requested information:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Resolution Center," then click "Resolve" next to the request for documentation.
3. Click "Send by fax" to get the fax cover page.
4. Enter your information, and then click "Print Page."
5. Fax the cover sheet along with the required documentation to ***-***-****.

Some more information about uploading files and documents to PayPal:

• Give the file a recognizable name.
• You can provide a description of the file you are sending, up to 100 characters.
• Information that you upload appears in the Attachments box. You can preview the file or delete it from there.
• You can attach multiple files, up to a total file size of 5000 kb, using these file formats: gif, jpg, png, or tif.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center at https://www.paypal-businesscenter.co...-your-business.

We review documents in the order they are received. It generally takes 24-48 hours to complete the review process, although a longer time period is occasionally needed. You can check the status of your PayPal account any time by logging in to your account and visiting the Resolution Center. We will let you know when the review process is complete or if any further information is needed.

Please log into your account and visit the Resolution Center. Please send us an explanation if you're unable to supply any of the requested information.

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,
Merchant Review Department"

Last edited by KayKay; 09-29-2018 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Formatting
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: PayPal Business Account Limited

what is your question?
Old 09-29-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Can anyone help me out with a solid plug for the creative docs? How can I get away with not providing my SSN? My area was recently hit with a bad storm. Could I guilt trip the rep?
Simplified for OP....
Old 09-29-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
what is your question?
They say my account impact is low. Have you seen this before? Am I at risk of a permanent limitation? Can I get away with not providing my SSN and who can I speak with for getting creative Photo ID and address? I have invoices but they have my real name on them. Can I still provide those even though its not my stealth info?
Old 10-05-2018

Longevity: 36%

Any update on this now that the deadline has came and gone? Also, did I misunderstand you or did you say you submitted business info to PayPal that had previously been associated with a limited account? PayPal can not confirm specific info associated with your LLC other than the EIN number/name, so you can mismatch address/phone number, etc.. I just overcame this limitation but wasn't asked for a SSN.. I may be able to help you with the creativity if it's not too late but that SSN could be a deal breaker.. lmk
Old 10-07-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascend_18 View Post
Any update on this now that the deadline has came and gone? Also, did I misunderstand you or did you say you submitted business info to PayPal that had previously been associated with a limited account? PayPal can not confirm specific info associated with your LLC other than the EIN number/name, so you can mismatch address/phone number, etc.. I just overcame this limitation but wasn't asked for a SSN.. I may be able to help you with the creativity if it's not too late but that SSN could be a deal breaker.. lmk
Since the date passed I now have a "Medium" account limitation. I cant close,withdraw or pay but I can still receive payments. Yes the PayPal business address is associated with a previous account that was banned.

I provided proof of shipping and invoice for my purchases.They notified me that they need more information to lift my account limitation. They want two months of bank account statements associated with my PayPal account and it must show my name and address. My bank statement has my real name and and address. The address on my bank statements is the same address associated with my business. So will it be a problem if the bank statements show a different name than whats on my PayPal account? If so, then I need to get creative. My statements are in pdf format.
Old 10-07-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I went ahead and downloaded the bank statements. I got creative and put my stealth name on the bank statements and kept the address since the address is my business address on the stealth PP account. I hope I did the right thing.
Old 10-09-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The Merchant Services Department has been handling my case and they are telling me that they want a SSN to verify my identity. The standard reps are unable to do anything for me since it's being handled by another department. I provided 2 months of bank statements thats associated with my PP account, Proof of LLC, Proof of shipping, Invoices, they have an ***creative**ID. I asked them why my account is limited and all they are telling me its that its standard procedure to do a review verification of accounts and their 3rd party tool is unable to verify the docs I provided. They want a SSN and a Utility Bill, they dont care bout a EIN. It's over for my account SMDH