eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Permanent Limitation. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/121807-permanent-limitation.html)

8kenn 11-19-2018 09:50 PM

Permanent Limitation.

Hello,

I'm sorry if I'm using the forum incorrectly, but I would like to vent and ask for advice on how to approach this.

I purchased a cheap phone on ebay, and the phone was removed from ebay a couple days after. My payment had already gone through, however I never received the phone. PayPal noticed suspicious activity on my account, and asked for a form of I.D. to prove I was the account owner. I provided my Passport as my I.D., and was greeted, a few days after, with a permanent PayPal limitation.

The only reason that makes sense to me is they had noticed that I made my account before the age of 18. None of my information is removable. I've emailed PayPal support, and contacted them on Facebook, but have yet to receive a response.

How should I approach this, and what can I do about it? I feel as though I can't make a new account, because although I have a new bank account since this happened, they still have my phone number and address, and I fear that if I create a new account with the same details, I will be caught and permanently limited again. On the other hand, if I use some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details, and eventually need to provide I.D., they will realise the details do not match up and limit me.

Additionally, do I have a Right to erasure, in accordance to Europe's GDPR laws? Or will PayPal pull some bull**** out to counter it?

Responses are appreciated.

Pmadz 11-19-2018 10:00 PM

Re: Permanent Limitation.

I have roughly 4 accounts with eBay with the same information and didn't get any limitation to it whatsoever. I used the same Identification which is my Passport too. Though I have a different account with a different name, but i am still using the same Identification. I suggest you try creating a new account and just make sure you input the right information this time and manage your account well to avoid hassle of getting limitations or whatnot.

ryeken 11-19-2018 10:47 PM

I have plenty of accounts with Paypal too using the same identification and contact information and haven't encountered any problem so far. All my accounts are in good standing and no restrictions and or limitations have been imposed. Try creating a new one, I am sure it will help.

hell0hell0 11-19-2018 11:25 PM

Try to create new. Too pity

TindalosKeeper 11-20-2018 03:52 AM

Google their contact number.

Make sure you are logged in to get the right number...

Then try and explain the situation to whoever is in the phone... Tell them that you have provided your passport as your I.D, and you provided the info they needed.

Try to say your account was closed due to a false-positive... If your eBay account is in good standing, show them that as well...

Also, try on Twitter as well! They have Paypal Support over there! They fixed my limitation in Twitter when I was temp limited, though... Not sure about permalimits...

Don't give up trying... I've seen permalimits being restored before!

ryeken 11-20-2018 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TindalosKeeper (Post 958828)
Google their contact number.

Make sure you are logged in to get the right number...

Then try and explain the situation to whoever is in the phone... Tell them that you have provided your passport as your I.D, and you provided the info they needed.

Try to say your account was closed due to a false-positive... If your eBay account is in good standing, show them that as well...

Also, try on Twitter as well! They have Paypal Support over there! They fixed my limitation in Twitter when I was temp limited, though... Not sure about permalimits...

Don't give up trying... I've seen permalimits being restored before!

This might also help, I even tried contacting them before via Facebook and they've been very helpful really.

dbhana121 12-17-2018 04:19 PM

My brother had a similar situation to this on a real account where they asked for EU docs, and his account was created before he was 18, however he did phone them and explain the situation and had to get re-directed many times, it was quite hard to do, but he did get it uplifted in the end, as they kept saying it can't be done but he made a sob story up about how he didn't know the rules etc.