Limited again..What else is new... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-09-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Limited again..What else is new...

PP wants SS# verification, I have never found a way around that one ... can it be done? The other verification , I can do.. all they want is to call me on the phone and give me a code to enter to verify I live at that address. But the S # .... Not sure that can be done...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 89%

It's a permanent limit. Get a new one using stealth.
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

AND I cannot understnd HOW they found out anything.... This is what I did about an hour before I was limited:

I did log into an old limited acct with PP bc I paid several hundred dollars for an item that I never recieved, so I logged in to file a claim. I used a seperate user account on windows, changed the IP address and cleared out all the cookies before and after. I switched back to my regular user acct with windows, logged into ebay and boom suspension notice. I thought that seperate user accts on windows didnt keep eachoters cookies... even if that is true, I cleared them... the history..everything... So I wonder how I got linked.... I just opened this acct ... well .. its been open a few weeks , but I just began recieving payments yesterday.. trying to take it slow...
Old 08-09-2009

So, now your eBay account got suspended after PP wants SS#? what does the notice say exactly?
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

This is the note that pops up when I log in ebay.... I click continue , and I am able to still use the acct... But PP is fully limited

Attention eBay Member!
During a recent screening of your PayPal and eBay accounts, we observed activity that is unusual or potentially high risk. We have limited access to your account(s) until additional security measures can be completed.

To resolve this issue, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the “Resolution Center”. The Resolution Center subtab is located on the Account Overview page between the History and Profile subtab.

To log in to your PayPal account, please go to: hxxps://www.paypal.com/

Last edited by aspkin; 08-09-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

I go to PP and try resolution center , they want to verify I am at the address I say, so they give me a code , said to enter my home phone number ( I did not bc thats the only # they dont have and I will need it to make a new stealth) and they will call me and Im supposed to enter the code into the phone when they call .... I can do that... but cant get around the SS thing...
Old 08-09-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Could be you forgot to change IP when you switched back, you didn't tell us one way or the other.

Could be you were linked months ago by some other mistake and it could be catching up with you now by coincidence or by design. You never can tell...

All that aside, start fresh, start clean. Restudy the stealth guide. Create a new windows user account. Don't use your regular windows login. That way you KNOW the problem is not due to that in the future.
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

WAIT a second!! I just tried to list something , just to see what would happen, everything went through but when I hit the submit button it says for me to enter a NEW email address for paypal payments bc I cant use that one anymore...

"" This PayPal account is not a Verified Premier or Verified Business account. Please provide a different email address or upgrade this account""

ever heard of that?? its new to me ...
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

I have dial up internet , and I logged off and back on , so the IP was changed. Im just trying to fuigure out what happened in order to not have it happen again. I guess the bottom line is never log in to an old account , no matter how careful you are ...
Old 08-09-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Nothing new. When your account gets limited, ebay is informed immediately. While Paypal is limited, you can't do much on ebay.
Old 08-09-2009

I never log in limited accts and I do not delete cookies.

Did you keep a log of the IPs that you used in the past? Maybe the IP hits the same one you used before.
Old 08-09-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT View Post
I have dial up internet , and I logged off and back on , so the IP was changed. Im just trying to fuigure out what happened in order to not have it happen again. I guess the bottom line is never log in to an old account , no matter how careful you are ...
If you're using a different user account per eBay / PayPal combo... don't delete your cookies, flash objects included.. they don't like this and that's one of the reasons for using user accounts, you don't have to delete cookies.
Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 91%

I am safe with my dial up and separate window users and I never delete anything. If you keep on deleting this may raise flags too.. Also, never log in to suspended accounts again.. Mistakes do and will happen..
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

This afternoon I refunded all my buyers for payments on the things that I hadnt shipped out yet, and explained what was going on. I just got a message from a lady who said she got the refund notice, but paypal put a "hold" on it and the funds never reached her account. Whats up with that? It was the exact payment she sent me in the first place because it was an "on hold ship now" thing.. she is mad and thinking its me... Notthat it really matters , she doesnt know who I am ...but still I wonder why and how they can put a hold on a refund
Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 96%

Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago right before Christmas. Since all of the info was bogus I couldn't provide them with what they wanted to lift the account so I refunded about $300 of stuff that was already shipped out and wished everyone a Merry Christmas.
Would rather see the customer get the money than those tapeworms at Paypal
Old 08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT View Post
This afternoon I refunded all my buyers for payments on the things that I hadnt shipped out yet, and explained what was going on. I just got a message from a lady who said she got the refund notice, but paypal put a "hold" on it and the funds never reached her account. Whats up with that? It was the exact payment she sent me in the first place because it was an "on hold ship now" thing.. she is mad and thinking its me... Notthat it really matters , she doesnt know who I am ...but still I wonder why and how they can put a hold on a refund
It's a paypal thing. that transaction is under human review. nothing big. you can send that lady some screeshots of the refund messages, transaction details #s ...etc. she can also call paypal to verify it.