eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Stealthing dead? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/125701-stealthing-dead.html)

RichardCard82 04-23-2019 07:57 PM

Stealthing dead?

With all these new PayPal policies it now seems impossible to stealth. PayPal now asking for SSN and Photo ID with this whole PayPal cash thing, yes i know you can still withdraw to a bank, but from what i read even upgrading to a business account they still ask for SSN? What will happen to anyone whos trying to get into the stealth game? Is it pretty much over? What can be done to those that still want to stealth ? Can they still upgrade to business accounts and avoid the SSN or is that pretty much a standard for PayPal now? If that's the case then the stealth book is now pretty much obsolete.

Sorry I think i meant to put this in the paypal talk subforum, if anyone wants to move it there that would be great

WEI 04-23-2019 08:07 PM

Re: Stealthing dead?

I believe this is for USA PP only?
You can always have other PPs other than US. I have no problem selling on eBay.com using my PH and UK accounts. It's not yet the end. There are a lot of alternatives.

RichardCard82 04-24-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEI (Post 996974)
I believe this is for USA PP only?
You can always have other PPs other than US. I have no problem selling on eBay.com using my PH and UK accounts. It's not yet the end. There are a lot of alternatives.

Yeah i have canadian stealths but i guess for the US its over then.

dealagreeproceed 04-24-2019 12:14 AM

these days its alot tougher than just a few years ago

you gotta be organized disciplined patient n smart

this aint for the weak hearted :croc::juggle::shocked:

RichardCard82 04-24-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 997016)
these days its alot tougher than just a few years ago

you gotta be organized disciplined patient n smart

this aint for the weak hearted :croc::juggle::shocked:

Yeah but with the fact that they're asking for SSN right as you want to upgrade is a tough issue to avoid.

nickopedia 04-24-2019 12:46 AM

Keep in mind that there is the transition to Managed Payments by Adyen. There were a couple posters who were early adopters and went through the process of enrolling already. One of them was Lucynda who setup an LLC. Not sure you can call it a "stealth" account however since they had to use registered company info + EIN. They also requested a bank statement.

There isn't a payment processor out there (PayPal included) that will let you get away without providing the basic Tax ID at some point, usually sooner rather than later. It's just in PayPal's case they are also doing identity verification by checking the SSN against a real identity to do anything with their cash wallet.

phaz0rz 04-24-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCard82 (Post 997015)
Yeah i have canadian stealths but i guess for the US its over then.

Trust me man they're clamping down up north also. I wouldn't bank too heavily on those accounts either because it's only a matter of time before you'll be asked to confirm your identity with CA tax docs.

Not over, just changing. Small time sellers/scammers are already starting to drop out so this may be a change for the better.

JamesNorth101 04-24-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCard82 (Post 996971)
With all these new PayPal policies it now seems impossible to stealth. PayPal now asking for SSN and Photo ID with this whole PayPal cash thing, yes i know you can still withdraw to a bank, but from what i read even upgrading to a business account they still ask for SSN? What will happen to anyone whos trying to get into the stealth game? Is it pretty much over? What can be done to those that still want to stealth ? Can they still upgrade to business accounts and avoid the SSN or is that pretty much a standard for PayPal now? If that's the case then the stealth book is now pretty much obsolete.

Sorry I think i meant to put this in the paypal talk subforum, if anyone wants to move it there that would be great

Impossible? No far from it

Harder - yes - year on year it gets harder but year on year we get better :)

aspkin 04-24-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 997109)
Impossible? No far from it

Harder - yes - year on year it gets harder but year on year we get better :)

Agreed, while it's getting harder, you just have to be one step ahead and make adjustments as you go.

It will weed out those that aren't that dedicated.

It's still 100% possible.

phaz0rz 04-24-2019 09:55 AM

I know you guys are invested but from an objective point of view it really does seem to be dying off. The little loopholes that have allowed stealth accounts to go on for so long are being whittled away little by little each year. They've essentially made stealth illegal in Canada in the past few months. I say "illegal" because an agreement was made directly with Canada's CRA so passing with forged docs has to be a crime, right? And once everyone is forced to use eBay managed payments it'll be illegal to try stealthing in USA as well since ID theft will by the only way to run a true stealth account. The only option, it seems, will be using LLC accounts and there's nothing stealthy about an LLC account in my opinion.

:noidea:

JamesNorth101 04-24-2019 09:58 AM

The world is a lot larger than just the US and Canada :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 997122)
I know you guys are invested but from an objective point of view it really does seem to be dying off. The little loopholes that have allowed stealth account to go on for so long are being whittled away little by little each year. They've essentially made stealth illegal in Canada in the past few months. I say "illegal" because an agreement was made directly with Canada's CRA so passing with forged docs has to be a crime, right? And once everyone is forced to use eBay managed payments it'll be illegal to try stealthing in USA as well since ID theft will by the only way to run a true stealth account. The only option, it seems, will be using LLC accounts and there's nothing stealthy about an LLC account in my opinion.

:noidea:

Most of this at the moment is speculation as no one yet has 100% of the facts.

Lets wait for it to all be implemented first so that we can get a true understanding of what will and what will not be needed.

donkeykong2012 04-24-2019 10:43 AM

Did you see they are rolling out Adyen in Germany this July?

I will be interested to see how this is handled in the EU.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2019/...ts-to-germany/