Paypal hit 2.5k EUR - what should I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-12-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Paypal hit 2.5k EUR - what should I do?

Hi everyone,

Need your advice please.

I got my paypal acc limited because I went over the 2500 euro yearly threshold while selling stuff on ebay. Paypal now are asking me to provide ID and proof of address/household bills. I do have some money withheld by paypal now which is a bummer, but really dont want to provide that sort of personal information to paypal. Im also not a business, I just sell random bits and bobs from home to help with the rent. What do they do with that peraonal information and do they pass it onto anyone else?

Meanwhile I still want to carry on selling my items on ebay. Do i scrap my current ebay account and restart with a new ebay acc + new paypal + new bank account? Or can i keep my ebay acc (i am a honest seller for many years and have 100% positive feedback) and just get a new paypal?

Or should i just bite the bullet and give paypal my personal info?

Thank you for your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2020

Longevity: 24%
Default Re: Paypal hit 2.5k EUR - what should I do?

Its time to get creative making a proof of adress doc is pretty easy tbh (theyll only check if adress on that doc matches with your pp address ), for ID i would suggest ya to "hire" a photoshop expert (Freelancer or something) to do that for ya ..but still chances are 50-50 ,but you have nothing to loose ! GL Buddy

Edit: If your paypal account is under you real name etc etc, theres nothing u can do to "save" your paypal but send them your real ID etc etc
Old 05-14-2020

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 41%

Does the account have made up details ? If not and it's your real account send in your details you have nothing to worry about.
Old 05-14-2020

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Does the account have made up details ? If not and it's your real account send in your details you have nothing to worry about.
This. A friend of mine has that happen to him as well. When he reached that 2.5k threshold they asked him for his ID.

He did send in the ID but it had a bad quality so they rejected it at first. Then he send in a higher quality picture of the ID and the account limit was lifted pretty fast
Old 05-22-2020

I have actually the same problem with Paypal in Canada. Acc hit 2,5k and got limited. After submission of POA they now ask for tax return document or similar. If someone can help please let me know.
Old 05-22-2020

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, and this is my first post))
This exact thing happened to me, after hitting 2.5K in sales PP asked for ID and POA. They also asked for tax statement or something in these lines; (I have a PP business account). I sent them a CT filing notification letter, and this worked. I had to wait for more than a week though. Sorted at the end, it took me chatting to them for couple of times to check what they will accept as tax statement.