eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Benefits of a Paypal Business Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/13733-benefits-paypal-business-account.html)

benvoliotw 09-27-2009 07:12 PM

Benefits of a Paypal Business Account

...are there any?

I know that Paypal limits new accounts for random reasons, and I have a new, verified Paypal account that's linked to a verified eBay seller's account that's less than two months old with no feedback. SO, I was wondering:

Would upgrading my Premier account to a Business account protect me any more from holds/limitations in my early days of having the accounts?

I know, I know, I know- all Paypal experiences/reasons are different, and anyone with any level of legitimacy under the sun's Paypal account could be limited at any point in time for any reason. I'm just wondering if there's any slightly more conclusive evidence that this is more protective.

GreenBean 09-27-2009 07:18 PM

Business accounts with paypal are benefical as regards transaction fees & the like. Limits are higher. I use premier or business paypal accounts by choice. Don't forget that if the account is personal the amount of money that can be put thro' is lower.
My actual answer is if you are a serious ebay seller, then have a matching paypal(business) account& be professional in their eyes:ranger:

benvoliotw 09-27-2009 08:13 PM

I found this:

wwwdotworkathomeprofilesdotcom/paypal/premier-accountdotshtml

Where it says:
(In reference to Paypal) "A business account is just that, an account for people who are serious about doing business online and don’t want any restrictions placed on their account."

Sounds good to me...or is it a stretch?

GreenBean 09-27-2009 08:23 PM

It's a stretch. paypal & limitations for any account may happen. Bottom line is no account might escape limiations. An account used correctly can have fewer problems :ranger:

aspkin 09-27-2009 11:05 PM

There are no additional protections whether you have a personal, premier or business account when it comes it being linked to eBay.

Actually if you want less risk, use a 3rd party shopping cart like cart manager which can act as a buffer between PayPal and eBay. It's when PayPal is directly linked to eBay that you will start having problems.

Try having a PayPal account without eBay.. you'll find you have a lot more freedom.

More info in eBay Stealth.

NO ID 09-27-2009 11:44 PM

I love PayPal with no eBay.

aspkin 09-27-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO ID (Post 105683)
I love PayPal with no eBay.

Eh, they're alright. I think I like Google Checkout more.. it seems to protect sellers more where as with PayPal, the scammers come out.

NO ID 09-28-2009 12:04 AM

I've heard some horror stories about Google. I have it but so far just using it to pay ppl.

I'll look into it some day. I also have my own merchant account though.:p

GreenBean 09-28-2009 12:09 AM

I just love paypal. I think of it every day. I love paypal :rolleyes:

aspkin 09-28-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO ID (Post 105686)
I've heard some horror stories about Google. I have it but so far just using it to pay ppl.

I'll look into it some day. I also have my own merchant account though.:p

It's true, you don't want to sell anything ⊗⊗⊗⊗ with GC.. they'll shut you down in a heartbeat and refund your money to buyers..

But if you can get past the initial inquisition with them.. then you're home free.

benvoliotw 09-28-2009 06:57 AM

Gotcha- thanks for the sad news, fellas.

It's funny, though, because I recently received $1900.00 solely through PayPal (NOTHING to do with eBay) into my Premier account, and thought limitations only really happened because of things having to do with eBay...NOPE. They limited my account and required everything under the sun for verification. So I refunded the guy and told him that Paypal effed me over and to just send it to my other, 40+ 100% positive eBay user linked Paypal account, and it was smooth sailing.

(I'm STILL trying to find a good, free/cheap way/program to change my IP with ease so that it will stop limiting my accounts for "third party activity". It's an easy thing to resolve in a few steps...it's just annoying as heck.

I'm on a Mac, btw (in reference to good IP programs)- does anyone have any suggestions?
)---> this is moved to new thread:http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...tml#post105704