Please Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-28-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default Please Help!

So I have £14,000 stuck in PayPal,

Closed my account as said I had opened with stolen documents which I hadn't. Bought the stealth guide a few months back and decided to open an eBay and PayPal at the same time. All went well.

Next thing I get permanent ban due to having 2 names with PayPal. The reason for this is my PayPal was in my Maiden Name. But due to my real Dad not been there for me since I was 3yo my now wife (recently married) she wanted to change my name to my step dads surname who had been there for me since I was 4/5 which was a good enough reason to.

So they think I have been using 2 names so I sent the deed poll to them still with no success.

The stock I bought I used an American Express so as I was still getting my funds held at the time I am in 10k of debt on that card which is £200 a month interest.

Please can someone advise the best way forward either by reply or PM would be most grateful.

If it wasn't 14k I wouldn't be too fussed but this is a lot of money during this pandemic and as soon as the hold was off the funds I was going to withdraw to pay off the American Express in full.

Seb
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
So I have £14,000 stuck in PayPal,

Closed my account as said I had opened with stolen documents which I hadn't.
All you had to do was send in a certified copy of your travel passport and drivers license for your account to be restored.

Quote:
Bought the stealth guide a few months back and decided to open an eBay and PayPal at the same time. All went well.

Next thing I get permanent ban due to having 2 names with PayPal. The reason for this is my PayPal was in my Maiden Name. But due to my real Dad not been there for me since I was 3yo my now wife (recently married) she wanted to change my name to my step dads surname who had been there for me since I was 4/5 which was a good enough reason to.
You made a couple of mistakes here, so it isn't PayPal's fault really.
First, you used some of your details for your second (stealth) account to the extent that they could link it to the first.

After a suspension, handing in a deed poll is akin to closing a barn door after the horses have escaped.

This is how it should have progressed:
1. Type out your deed poll and certify it if your name change is significant, or witness it if it is minor.
2. Use your deed poll to obtain new IDs and a passport, update banks and obtain new bank statements.

3. Use the bank statements and ID to update all credit reference agencies and your local council.

4. Write eBay / PayPal with information from 1,2 and 3 above asking them to update your details manually or permit you to do so.

Quote:
So they think I have been using 2 names so I sent the deed poll to them still with no success.

The stock I bought I used an American Express so as I was still getting my funds held at the time I am in 10k of debt on that card which is £200 a month interest.

Please can someone advise the best way forward either by reply or PM would be most grateful.

If it wasn't 14k I wouldn't be too fussed but this is a lot of money during this pandemic and as soon as the hold was off the funds I was going to withdraw to pay off the American Express in full.

Seb
Follow the process I listed above. The passport office will return you old passport (chipped off at the bottom right corner) and a new one.
Send both old and new copies of everything listed in one through 4 above to PayPal, and you should get your money back as soon as they have all these in their possession.

As regards your debt, again was another avoidable mistake. As there are always risks with selling online, I'd not purchase stock with a short term loan.

See if you can get a balance transfer credit card to get a few months of respite.
You can then offset the new credit card when you get your funds from PayPal.

When next you need a loan for business, please consider using www.startuploans.co.uk. They used to be backed up by the government during their inception. At 6% a year you can't go wrong. It is easier to qualify for the loan than any high street bank in the UK. You do not have to be a business to get the loan.

This may sound mean but the next time you're faced with a decision that may have adverse consequences, think it through and consider all possible outcomes - then plan for the worse possible outcome while working towards the best. All of this can be achieved by thinking, and thinking is free.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
drakehound (01-28-2021), GreenBean (01-29-2021), james_112233 (01-29-2021), rsot (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 19%

Thankyou for the reply.

I have all the new documents in my new name. Passport, Drivers Licence, Bank Statements. I sent scans of my ID to them.

They somehow linked an old unused account in my old name. And somehow thought I had used stolen information for the new one. So when I rang up and they said I was using 2 surnames I explained the situation. They said to send the deedpoll which I did but didn't accept it.

So I am kind of stuck. I have had a few Irish people from the call centres say I have a good chance of sorting this and others just say the decision is final.

Yeah I know I have made a few small errors along the way. I just used the American Express card to build my airmiles.

Your reply has been exceptionally helpful.

Thankyou
Old 01-29-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Best of luck Seb
Old 01-29-2021

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Completely stuffed now then. It's going to be a game of getting through to the right advisor, so I would keep on trying and trying and trying until the decision is over turned or until you get that money back.

Did they say they will release it after 180 days at least ?
Old 01-29-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Completely stuffed now then. It's going to be a game of getting through to the right advisor, so I would keep on trying and trying and trying until the decision is over turned or until you get that money back.

Did they say they will release it after 180 days at least ?
His case is good enough - I see no need to get through to any advisor. OP isn't stuck and does not need goodwill to sort this out. PayPal has a 0% chance of keeping OP's money unless OP unwittingly makes it so.
The steps above are sufficient for OP to get his money back and probably restore his account without further delay.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
drakehound (02-01-2021)