Stealth Acct Temp Limited after 3 weeks - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-28-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
Default Stealth Acct Temp Limited after 3 weeks

I purchased this stealth paypal account 3 weeks ago. VCC verified. I linked a fresh bank account I had opened up, as well as added a fresh real credit card I had opened. I logged into paypal using a separate user account on my windows desktop, connected to the internet via cell phone tethering. I was able to make 1 or 2 credit card payments before paypal removed my credit card as a buying option. I would wait a day or two and the credit card was again allowed as an option for 1 or 2 more payments. Went on like this for about a week, and then I got the dreaded "your account is temporarily limited". PayPal is asking for a lot of documents (photo ID, credit card statement, bank statement, proof of address, explanation of the nature of the charges). I'm thinking it's best to just move on from this account and try again fresh with a new one. But what should I do to make sure my next account does not suffer the same fate? Would purchasing a Residential IP from IPBurger make my traffic seem less suspicious to paypal than tethering to my mobile phone? I know using the PayPal app is widely seen as a bad idea, but if I purchase a dedicated phone just for my stealth account, would my account seem less suspicious to PayPal if I used their app?

Btw: I was only using the account to send payments via Goods and Services. I did not accept any money nor use the Friends and Family feature.

Last edited by OhNo; 10-28-2021 at 11:45 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Stealth Acct Temp Limited after 3 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNo View Post
I purchased this stealth paypal account 3 weeks ago. VCC verified. I linked a fresh bank account I had opened up, as well as added a fresh real credit card I had opened. I logged into paypal using a separate user account on my windows desktop, connected to the internet via cell phone tethering. I was able to make 1 or 2 credit card payments before paypal removed my credit card as a buying option. I would wait a day or two and the credit card was again allowed as an option for 1 or 2 more payments. Went on like this for about a week, and then I got the dreaded "your account is temporarily limited". PayPal is asking for a lot of documents (photo ID, credit card statement, bank statement, proof of address, explanation of the nature of the charges). I'm thinking it's best to just move on from this account and try again fresh with a new one. But what should I do to make sure my next account does not suffer the same fate? Would purchasing a Residential IP from IPBurger make my traffic seem less suspicious to paypal than tethering to my mobile phone? I know using the PayPal app is widely seen as a bad idea, but if I purchase a dedicated phone just for my stealth account, would my account seem less suspicious to PayPal if I used their app?

Btw: I was only using the account to send payments via Goods and Services. I did not accept any money nor use the Friends and Family feature.
you should start by determining why your credit card was removed. for example I have a number of paypal accounts that I use for purchases and my credit cards were never removed and I do have several on file with each paypal

and additionally you should develop the account for purchases at well known places. if you use it to send money as goods/services paypal may suspect you have been milking stolen credit cards
Old 10-28-2021
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
Default Re: Stealth Acct Temp Limited after 3 weeks

Thank you murdered_by_ebay, it's good to know that others are able to use their stealth paypal accounts for making credit card purchases successfully.

I'm not sure why my credit card was removed in the first place, other than maybe my account was too new. On my personal PayPal account, I would make sometimes up to 20 payments in a day until I finally got suspended after FIVE years. My plan going forward is to split the payments over 2 or 3 stealth accounts. This stealth account was my first test, and unfortunately did not end successfully.